Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your list of IHG Singapore hotels with good elite recognition?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Your list of IHG Singapore hotels with good elite recognition?

I just completed a stay at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport and was pleasantly surprised at how good the hotel was. No lounge access as I haven't hit the 40-night milestone. As an IHG Diamond and will soon renew IC Ambassador status, which hotels should I visit in Singapore to enjoy my status? I keep reading that I should consider the IC Bugis. I want to try out at least three hotels to get the 10k bonus from the current IHG promotion. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!

TIA!
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I'm curious as I have a night scheduled at the CP next month... was your Diamond status not sufficient to get you into the club lounge? Reason I ask is I have been upgraded to Club level rooms and provided access at CP's in the past due to Spire elite (this was before they revamped the loyalty scheme). Did you request access and were denied or it just wasn't offered? I've heard that the lounge there has been in a somewhat permanent state of 'closed due to renovation' so that might have been the issue.

I'm staying at the IC Singapore (and KL) as well this trip, but I just purchased a club room rate as I haven't reached the 40 room threshhold either. Given the cost of alcohol in Singapore and Malaysia it won't take much to cover the cost.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by kabroui
I'm curious as I have a night scheduled at the CP next month... was your Diamond status not sufficient to get you into the club lounge? Reason I ask is I have been upgraded to Club level rooms and provided access at CP's in the past due to Spire elite (this was before they revamped the loyalty scheme). Did you request access and were denied or it just wasn't offered? I've heard that the lounge there has been in a somewhat permanent state of 'closed due to renovation' so that might have been the issue.

I'm staying at the IC Singapore (and KL) as well this trip, but I just purchased a club room rate as I haven't reached the 40 room threshhold either. Given the cost of alcohol in Singapore and Malaysia it won't take much to cover the cost.

Can you share what's your stay experience at IC KL? Thanks
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
I haven't been since COVID hit, so I'm looking forward to returning and hoping that things haven't changed too much. I've always paid for club level here as it's never too expensive or crowded.. KL seems to be pretty competitive when it comes to hotels so a lot of options in the area. The hotel itself is attractive, rooms are nice, and the location is great... Petronas towers and KLCC a few blocks in one directions and the Landmark Shopping mall in the other direction. The club lounge has always been one of my IC favorites. Friendly and attentive service, nice breakfast spread with eggs cooked to order, great happy hour... it's just a really comfortable environment. Also, a really cool jellyfish aquarium (hope it's still there).
In my five or six stays, the only complaint I've ever had was when my Ambassador upgrade they tried to give me was to a smoking suite. That didn't work out for me so well. I think I ended up staying in the original room and they knocked down my rate. I'll try to post a trip review when I return.
jiunsoh likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
FYI - the two Six Senses in SIN have near zero recognition of status. Actually, it's really zero - they said nothing and still got stuck with a closet of a room.

- Diamond Amb.
lsquare, kevino and aquanine like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by turbox3
FYI - the two Six Senses in SIN have near zero recognition of status. Actually, it's really zero - they said nothing and still got stuck with a closet of a room.

- Diamond Amb.
You have to be a RA for them to look at you. I don't see a Six Senses in Singapore. How did you find it?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 5:35 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
You have to be a RA for them to look at you. I don't see a Six Senses in Singapore. How did you find it?
The two in Singapore lasted under two years and closed in 2020, rebranding to Autograph by Marriott last year.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by markis10
The two in Singapore lasted under two years and closed in 2020, rebranding to Autograph by Marriott last year.
Ahh - I blame covid. Was there in early 2020 before lockdowns happened.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Given the lack of responses, I'm guessing FT doesn't really like the IHG properties in Singapore.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare
Given the lack of responses, I'm guessing FT doesn't really like the IHG properties in Singapore.
I think the lack of responses may be down to the fact that this has been covered fairly recently.

I love both Intercons, for differing reasons.
Regent I find to be tired.
Voco I haven’t stayed in yet but it used to be a Hilton and I’m sceptical a little about how much it’s actually been changed.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 12:41 pm

My suggestion is to do the Andaz Hyatt. Even if it doesn't fit into your IHG plan, it's much nicer and at a better price point.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by surryson
I think the lack of responses may be down to the fact that this has been covered fairly recently.

I love both Intercons, for differing reasons.
Regent I find to be tired.
Voco I haven’t stayed in yet but it used to be a Hilton and I’m sceptical a little about how much it’s actually been changed.
Would generally agreed with this. Have stayed recently at the IC Singapore on Middle Road (nice property, well located, enjoyed our stay) and Regent Singapore (which is still pleasant but is showing its age).
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Atrium and IC Robertson Quay soon, will post a trip report.

I haven't stayed at the Regent Singapore, but I have been to Manhattan Bar, which is one of my favourites in SG.

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
I was at the IC KL at the end of September. I stayed in a club room, can confirm what @kabroui said about the experience, it also wasn't much more expensive than a non-club room. I got diamond earlier this year via the 15N promo, but it wasn't recognized at check-in. I wasn't even offered my welcome amenities by the frontdesk staff, so obviously no upgrade either. I followed up with the club lounge staff, and they helped me with the welcome amenity. One of the managers mentioned that a lot of people are new, so there's teething problems. Like they told me checkout is at 2pm, when its 4pm for all club rooms (I only found after I checked out at 2pm at the lounge). If you're staying in a club room, you can actually check-in at the lounge I believe, so it might be worth asking if you can go up instead of checking at the frontdesk. The cocktail hour and afternoon tea were awesome, especially the service. Breakfast in the lounge is nice in that its private, but you get more choice at the ground floor restaurant, I personally preferred that.

Originally Posted by kabroui
Also, a really cool jellyfish aquarium (hope it's still there).
Its still there! I'll definitely be back, in a club room or with access.

Last edited by ninjalot; Oct 31, 2022 at 9:18 pm
Old Nov 1, 2022, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ninjalot
I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Atrium and IC Robertson Quay soon, will post a trip report.

I haven't stayed at the Regent Singapore, but I have been to Manhattan Bar, which is one of my favourites in SG.

I was at the IC KL at the end of September. I stayed in a club room, can confirm what @kabroui said about the experience, it also wasn't much more expensive than a non-club room. I got diamond earlier this year via the 15N promo, but it wasn't recognized at check-in. I wasn't even offered my welcome amenities by the frontdesk staff, so obviously no upgrade either. I followed up with the club lounge staff, and they helped me with the welcome amenity. One of the managers mentioned that a lot of people are new, so there's teething problems. Like they told me checkout is at 2pm, when its 4pm for all club rooms (I only found after I checked out at 2pm at the lounge). If you're staying in a club room, you can actually check-in at the lounge I believe, so it might be worth asking if you can go up instead of checking at the frontdesk. The cocktail hour and afternoon tea were awesome, especially the service. Breakfast in the lounge is nice in that its private, but you get more choice at the ground floor restaurant, I personally preferred that.

Its still there! I'll definitely be back, in a club room or with access.
When? I'm thinking about booking avstaybas well.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by lsquare
When?
Second last week of November for 4-nights. I booked IC RQ for 2-nights after.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.