Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
The purpose of this thread was to discuss a corporate offer that was leaked to the public by blogs.
The offer was to instantly upgrade your account to Diamond Elite regardless of current status and stays.

This offer is now dead and the thread has deviated from its original topic.
Suggest mods to lock
Print Wikipost

Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2023, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Side note :
To reference the link which was most appreciated and alerted by yurtripper
https://www.headforpoints.com/forums...nd-ambassador/
Thanks for sharing this link. I am scared now. I now see "Our annual review of your 2022 qualifying activity is in progress. Your 2023 status will be updated in your account by the end of March. For more information on tier status qualifications, visit our FAQs" in my Diamond Status Overview. I don't want IHG to be reverted to Dec 2022 expiry of Diamond Statsu.....! :/ Their system glitch(?) made soooooo many people pay ambassadors to extend their diamond status, and it is non-refundable!!!
HadesNL likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Today there's a bunch of reports from people on Head for Points who originally had their Diamond extended by purchasing Ambassador (ie to 31/12/2023 or 31/12/2024) and are now seeing their Diamond status revert to ending on 31/12/2022.

It looks like both Cash renewals and Points renewals are affected by this, yet others are still showing the original extension without any reversion.

I guess we'll find out on March 1 where we stand but perhaps IHG is finally closing the Ambassador loophole for retaining Diamond?
Well, not March 1, maybe by March 31. IHG alerted people saying they areconducting an annual review of 2022 qualifying activity, and my status will be updated by the end of March!!!!!
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by jesusm130
Well, not March 1, maybe by March 31. IHG alerted people saying they areconducting an annual review of 2022 qualifying activity, and my status will be updated by the end of March!!!!!
The message from IHG looks reasonably benign, as in they are applying the T&Cs.

If members are at a higher status than earned and get reverted I guess the "fair" way is for IHG to simply revert people to their earned status (and benefits) from the end of March. A slightly harder (but still within T&Cs) approach would be to claw back any "unearned" bonus points.

Anything else seems unfair given that members may have been put on a higher status by the IHG systems over which members had no control. Cancelling accounts would be out of order and reclaiming free breakfasts will be messy 😂
Old Mar 2, 2023, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Can you please clarify if you get this offer through an email or show the specific link/method you use to renew?
lowkeyflyer, I do not think that this is a special offer of some kind. I have a visual recollection that this used to be clearly stated in the Ambassador section on the website as well as in the Ts&Cs, however after both were updated recently this language has vanished. Nevertheless, as my membership expires exactly in 30 days, I received today a reminder and an invitation to re-enrol. I have attached a screenshot in case you need formal reference.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
lowkeyflyer, I do not think that this is a special offer of some kind. I have a visual recollection that this used to be clearly stated in the Ambassador section on the website as well as in the Ts&Cs, however after both were updated recently this language has vanished. Nevertheless, as my membership expires exactly in 30 days, I received today a reminder and an invitation to re-enrol. I have attached a screenshot in case you need formal reference.
Appreciated! Still waiting for them to send me a first-time-signup Ambassador offer...
Old Mar 2, 2023, 8:50 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Appreciated! Still waiting for them to send me a first-time-signup Ambassador offer...
I seem to remember people signing up physically at the hotel (at check-in) for the first time got a bonus, don't know if that is still a thing
Old Mar 3, 2023, 8:49 am

SO participated at the instant diamond promotion, did not complete the required stay and did not purchase Ambassador membership. Received an email from IHG about membership status change this morning, and status reverted back to platinum. Glad that IHG did not go after the free breakfasts
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:46 am

Is everybody seeing the message about a "review of your 2022 qualifying activity" or is it just on accounts IHG deems suspicious? I had zero stays in 2022 and I don't think IHG requires a review of my account, a simple DB search would be sufficient. But yet my account still shows diamond until end of 2023.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by time_stamp
Is everybody seeing the message about a "review of your 2022 qualifying activity" or is it just on accounts IHG deems suspicious? I had zero stays in 2022 and I don't think IHG requires a review of my account, a simple DB search would be sufficient. But yet my account still shows diamond until end of 2023.
Zero stays in 2022, and yet here you are expecting people to be invested in your plight.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
It is showing on mine. If I were on the IT staff I'd be a little embarrassed that our systems do not automatically calculate it. It's a pretty simple formula.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 1:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Is everybody seeing the message about a "review of your 2022 qualifying activity" or is it just on accounts IHG deems suspicious? [...]
I'm not Diamond; I did not sign up for the title promotion; to the best of my knowledge I have done nothing suspicious; I had and will retain my Platinum status because i have a credit card. I did see the message. (FWIW, I stayed enough to earn Platinum. Maybe IHG is reviewing that, even though I have an IHG credit card.)
Old Mar 3, 2023, 4:42 pm

Its not a message to tag your account for a specific audit, its a BLANKET message to review rollover nights.

During this process are they auditing accounts? Yes.

Take a look at whats going on in the HFP forum as many reviews are bringing status back to what they should be and seemingly "closing" loopholes.

Will IHG be 100% successful or trying to be? No
HadesNL likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 2:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Comments at LL are about the Gremlins at IT
at least one person mentioned an audit
https://loyaltylobby.com/2023/03/01/...2023/#comments
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
SO participated at the instant diamond promotion, did not complete the required stay and did not purchase Ambassador membership. Received an email from IHG about membership status change this morning, and status reverted back to platinum. Glad that IHG did not go after the free breakfasts
I checked into some US accounts which participated in the instant diamond promotion early on in Q4 2022, did not complete the required stays within the 90 day period, but did purchase Ambassador memberships. They received no emails and their status is still showing as Diamond Elite. Then there are also other accounts with the same background other than not having purchased Ambassador memberships, but they too are still showing as Diamond Elite.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Well, so far so good! The $200 Ambassador with Diamond extension has me sitting in a huge Executive Suite with free breakfast for my 4 night stay at the IC Dhaka. Obviously wouldn't have received breakfast if I didn't retain Diamond (it would have expired Feb 28) and I'm guessing the exec suite upgrade was because I'm an IC Ambassador. So already I've made back the $200 I paid (imo) and anything I get between now and the end of 2024 is gravy. So many thanks to this thread for the tip! Appreciated.
GUWonder and yurtripper like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.