Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
The purpose of this thread was to discuss a corporate offer that was leaked to the public by blogs.
The offer was to instantly upgrade your account to Diamond Elite regardless of current status and stays.

This offer is now dead and the thread has deviated from its original topic.
Suggest mods to lock
Print Wikipost

Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2022, 11:44 pm

I just wanted to chime in my experience.

I already get Platinum Status from the Chase card. I stay at IHG properties throughout the year. A few Kimptons but mostly Staybridge, HI or HIX, rarely ICs unless I go on vacation with the family.

Signed up using the Diamond promo. Stayed 10 nights and got an email that it was extended until 2023.

I'm going to spend a total of 40 nights to claim the Lounge access benefit, the last stay is dec. 30th, to hit the 40 night for the milestone, so hopefully not an issue since it looks like room credits take a few days to post.

I stay at Staybridges, HI and HIX, so I don't see much difference in upgrades. I did stay at a CP and got a breakfast, upgrade was blah, same as platinum.

The promotion did get me to stay an extra 20 nights this year, so it worked out for IHG.

I'll probably join Ambassador since I'll stay at a few ICs in the coming year with family.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
My status says that I'm Diamond until 31/12/23 now. Not quite hit the 70 nights / 120k points target this year, so was looking at renewing my Ambassador membership this month to hopefully maintain it, but it looks as though I can wait until next month now.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:19 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Happy to report that my Diamond status has been extended to 31 Dec 2023 after the 10th night posted.

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Is there a way to check the progress on how many nights I've done since straight to diamond?
Unfortunately, no. Need to track it manually.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by xenole
My status says that I'm Diamond until 31/12/23 now. Not quite hit the 70 nights / 120k points target this year, so was looking at renewing my Ambassador membership this month to hopefully maintain it, but it looks as though I can wait until next month now.
You can renew ambassadors before 12/31, there's a promo going on, I got a email for that others mentioned, 20k after 2.nights and for renewing members, another 15k if they pay the renewal by cash, $200, not the 40k points.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If I enroll in the Diamond promo right now then my 90-day window to stay 10 nights would end in mid-March. If I buy Amb (first time) in late Feb, then it should extend my Diamond into 2024 right? Please let me know if I am incorrect on anything here. Also company I am internal to still has promo going on.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I have 70 nights this year, but my status still shows only Diamond until the end of 2022. Mb they are discriminating against me because I did not spend enough this year. I am an Ambassador with my renewal date in March sometime.

You are
Diamond Elite until 12/31/2022
Status qualifying points1,864
Status qualifying nights70
2022 Elite rollover nights0
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by kevino
I have 70 nights this year, but my status still shows only Diamond until the end of 2022. Mb they are discriminating against me because I did not spend enough this year. I am an Ambassador with my renewal date in March sometime.

You are
Diamond Elite until 12/31/2022
Status qualifying points1,864
Status qualifying nights70
2022 Elite rollover nights0
How in god’s name do you have 70 nights and only 1864 status qualifying points?
ninjalad likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
If I enroll in the Diamond promo right now then my 90-day window to stay 10 nights would end in mid-March. If I buy Amb (first time) in late Feb, then it should extend my Diamond into 2024 right? Please let me know if I am incorrect on anything here. Also company I am internal to still has promo going on.
Nobody knows. The Diamond extension is an unpublished benefit or glitch and it could disappear at any time. There are also occasional people who claim it didn't work for them.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy Ambassador until after staying the 10 nights and after your status has updated to 12/31/23. If your promo Diamond expires on, e.g., March 19, 2023, I doubt the extension trick will work, but that's just a guess.
pazza2000 and rt23456p like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
How in god’s name do you have 70 nights and only 1864 status qualifying points?
Mainly reward stays with the 4th night free, though I have stayed a total of 4 nights at the Intercon. in Bangkok and paid for one of the nights (Ambassador cert.) and paid for lounge access (which didn't get me any points ). Also a few credit card free nights, of course.

Actually I am more proud of my Accor results this year :

61 nights | 1760 Status points

Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
You need to check the promo period, if I remember correctly the promo running until 31 Dec, so if you enroll now you will have only 10 days to complete.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
You need to check the promo period, if I remember correctly the promo running until 31 Dec, so if you enroll now you will have only 10 days to complete.
It's enroll by Dec 31, then it starts a 90 day period.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Nobody knows. The Diamond extension is an unpublished benefit or glitch and it could disappear at any time. There are also occasional people who claim it didn't work for them.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy Ambassador until after staying the 10 nights and after your status has updated to 12/31/23. If your promo Diamond expires on, e.g., March 19, 2023, I doubt the extension trick will work, but that's just a guess.
When the Straight to Diamond promo was active and public, didn't it work like this?
1. Enroll in promo
2. Immediately buy amb (don't need to stay any nights)
3. Diamond extended to Dec 2023

In that case my line of thinking is
1. Enroll in promo
2. Buy amb in 2023, which should extend it into 2024.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
When the Straight to Diamond promo was active and public, didn't it work like this?
1. Enroll in promo
2. Immediately buy amb (don't need to stay any nights)
3. Diamond extended to Dec 2023

In that case my line of thinking is
1. Enroll in promo
2. Buy amb in 2023, which should extend it into 2024.
Everyone I saw who did the above had Diamond expiring 12/31/22. I have no idea what your account will say for Diamond expiration if you sign up for promo 90-day Diamond this month. Will the extension trick work for people whose promo Diamond expires 3/17/23? Nobody knows.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:33 pm

Can the suite upgrade be used on point booking.?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Everyone I saw who did the above had Diamond expiring 12/31/22. I have no idea what your account will say for Diamond expiration if you sign up for promo 90-day Diamond this month. Will the extension trick work for people whose promo Diamond expires 3/17/23? Nobody knows.
In general can't Diamond be perpetually extended with amb? I thought there are people who've had it for 4-5 years this way and never hitting the nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.