Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
The purpose of this thread was to discuss a corporate offer that was leaked to the public by blogs.
The offer was to instantly upgrade your account to Diamond Elite regardless of current status and stays.

This offer is now dead and the thread has deviated from its original topic.
Suggest mods to lock
Print Wikipost

Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by 336
Where on the IHG.com website can you check when your AMB expires?
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/gb/e...earningsummary
Old Oct 27, 2022, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
I renewed my Ambassador about a month ago (was expiring at end of October), I then signed up for the instant Diamond Promo and It reflects a Diamond status till end of the year.

Are there any Data points on the 10 nights that are required to keep it? Also is there anyway to cancel Ambassador renewal and purchase again later?
whats the point of getting diamond if you are ambassador btw. ? Isnt ambassador a higher status as diamond at IHG ?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kanexxz
whats the point of getting diamond if you are ambassador btw. ? Isnt ambassador a higher status as diamond at IHG ?
Ambassador only confers status at Intercontinental hotels, it counts for nothing at a Crowne Plaza or a Holiday Inn for example.
lsquare and kanexxz like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Ambassador only confers status at Intercontinental hotels, it counts for nothing at a Crowne Plaza or a Holiday Inn for example.
It does come with Platinum, which may or may not count for something at a CP or HI.
kevino likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Is there a way for me to renew my ambassador before the end of this year if it doesn't expire until 3/25?
Maybe I’m missing something, but what’s the benefit or renewing sooner than later?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Maybe I’m missing something, but what’s the benefit or renewing sooner than later?
I believe it will extend out Diamond status until the expiry of the Ambassador program if one is currently a Diamond.
Alawyer and pazza2000 like this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:17 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
At the last of my recent series of UK HI/HIX stays, on check-in it was acknowledged with the usual "I see that you was an IHG member and thank you for your loyalty!"

And after a short pause "You are the only non-Diamond IHG member here tonight - so we've upgraded you to the top floor river view" :-)

I thanked the receptionist, but didn't have the heart to tell her that after that stay I *would* be Diamond (albeit not via the Instant method)!

But I smiled at the irony that I got a better upgrade because I WASN'T Diamond.
kevino, pazza2000, scwam and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by pazza2000
at the moment there is a 20k bonus for staying 2 nights in an IC/Kimpton and Regent - it’s been mentioned a few times already but it’s only - IIRC - for renewals before the end of rhe year
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:54 am

Just tried signing up and got the message Your promo code is invalid. Anyone still able to signup?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by FTDDD
Just tried signing up and got the message Your promo code is invalid. Anyone still able to signup?
I believe they fixed the issue were everybody was able to enroll just a few hours after it hit the blogs. It's been dead for a while.
FTDDD likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
at the moment there is a 20k bonus for staying 2 nights in an IC/Kimpton and Regent - it’s been mentioned a few times already but it’s only - IIRC - for renewals before the end of rhe year
Signed up yesterday, it’s for new enrolments, so essentially everyone as of present.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Hi there,

I managed to cancel my Amb renewal, I now have no Ambassador status but only Diamond.

How long should wait to repurchase Ambassador and extend my Diamond status into 2023.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 4:50 am

IHG Diamond + ambassador enrollement

Data points: straight to diamond + Ambassador expiry addition + 10k/4 night promo:

Recently finished a 6-night stay at Beppu.
Previously registered under the 10k for each 4 nights - immediately got the 10k bonus.
Additionally, that 10k promo on my account states "2 more night(s) until next Reward."more night(s) until next Reward. 2 more night(s) until next Reward. 2 more night(s) until next Reward.2 more night(s) until next a
As I previously registered in the 'straight to diamond' promo and paid for ambassador with points (not a renewal - but had it in 2015), I immediately got the 20k points back as well.
The Ambassador $20 coupon was applied to the folio at check out. The child got a free breakfast coupon for each day. Upgrade given was a clubroom (with balcony onsen) without access to club lounge. Bottom suites of that property were blocked by trees. We ended up looking at 5 different rooms in that resort.

Last edited by scwam; Oct 29, 2022 at 4:58 am
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by scwam
Data points: straight to diamond + Ambassador expiry addition + 10k/4 night promo:

Recently finished a 6-night stay at Beppu.
Previously registered under the 10k for each 4 nights - immediately got the 10k bonus.
Additionally, that 10k promo on my account states "2 more night(s) until next Reward."more night(s) until next Reward. 2 more night(s) until next Reward. 2 more night(s) until next Reward.2 more night(s) until next a
As I previously registered in the 'straight to diamond' promo and paid for ambassador with points (not a renewal - but had it in 2015), I immediately got the 20k points back as well.
The Ambassador $20 coupon was applied to the folio at check out. The child got a free breakfast coupon for each day. Upgrade given was a clubroom (with balcony onsen) without access to club lounge. Bottom suites of that property were blocked by trees. We ended up looking at 5 different rooms in that resort.
Did you also sign up for the status challenge? Just wondering if the 5 nights to Platinum overrides Straight to Diamond offer
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I used this offer to get Diamond status with IHG until 12/2022. I would like to have the status until the end of 2023 - I never bought the Ambassador membership. If I buy the Ambassador membership now, should my diamond status be extended through 12/2023? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.