Get instantly upgraded to IHG Diamond status

Old Oct 20, 22, 4:22 am
  #136  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK oop north
Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC,LifeMiles
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by scwam
Speaking of breakfast, this is Beppu this morning.I don't demand much. Usually, they give you two of these at properties, and you can't finish it because is so rich. This was the first time I actually wanted a second one. Probably the best eggs benedict I've had anywhere. Not salty and loaded with sauce overkill like other places. The mimosas were pricey
- about 4,800 Yen for two of them.

Beppu A la carte item
indeed but we were there Monday and Tuesday and the buffet included a full English plus oriental breakfast plus plus salmon etc basically the Mains menu was an eggs to order
demue likes this.
YorkieFlyer is offline  
Old Oct 20, 22, 6:10 am
  #137  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 613
Thanks for all the tips and infos! Trying to register for the Ambassador programme but the JOIN NOW button seems to be broken. I have tried from several devices but nothing. Anyone having similar issues?
Mister P. is offline  
Old Oct 20, 22, 10:15 am
  #138  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
indeed but we were there Monday and Tuesday and the buffet included a full English plus oriental breakfast plus plus salmon etc basically the Mains menu was an eggs to order
I think maybe we saw you here. We checked in around that time. Their buffet here doesn't really impress me, honestly. It's a bit limited. The night buffet is basically revamped morning buffet with some workarounds.

Last edited by scwam; Oct 20, 22 at 10:52 am
scwam is offline  
Old Oct 20, 22, 12:44 pm
  #139  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Programs: OWE,*A G, Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist, bore-core
Posts: 1,908
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Thanks for all the tips and infos! Trying to register for the Ambassador programme but the JOIN NOW button seems to be broken. I have tried from several devices but nothing. Anyone having similar issues?
A friend did it today through US toll free phone line(free through Skype), because he did not received email with 20k bonus points offer. Offer eligibility was confirmed and credit card processed through phone. Ambassador status and Diamond Elite extension until 12/23 were shown in the app after purchase verification by agent.
HadesNL likes this.
Jaenks is offline  
Old Oct 20, 22, 2:44 pm
  #140  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Thanks for all the tips and infos! Trying to register for the Ambassador programme but the JOIN NOW button seems to be broken. I have tried from several devices but nothing. Anyone having similar issues?

Just did through the website with no issues. Crossing my fingers that this will trigger the $75 United Club card IHG credit.
time_stamp is offline  
Old Oct 20, 22, 6:58 pm
  #141  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: CT/NY
Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb
Posts: 5,644
Just checked our corporate travel site, and our company specific sign-up link is still working.
kevino likes this.
PTahCha is offline  
Old Oct 21, 22, 5:16 am
  #142  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: London
Posts: 182
Can't find any reference for the stay 10 or more nights to keep Diamond till 12/23. Is this going to work?
Cookoovaya is offline  
Old Oct 21, 22, 11:22 am
  #143  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,769
Originally Posted by HadesNL
1) so gain 20.000 points instantly signup/renew AMB
(+extend diamond till 2023 - locking in recent sign up Diamond status)
2) get 20.000 points upon staying 2 nights

it actually costs $200 or 40.000 pts. To renew/get AMB = pays back investment with promo 20K offer
It sounds as if you're saying one can earn 40K points total, but that is not how I read the offer. What am I misunderstanding?
beltway is offline  
Old Oct 21, 22, 12:07 pm
  #144  
Formerly known as newbie elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: YUL
Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 2,749
Originally Posted by beltway
It sounds as if you're saying one can earn 40K points total, but that is not how I read the offer. What am I misunderstanding?
EDIT: As pointed out below this is for renewals only

If you pay $200, you get 20K points instantly + 20K with a 2 night stay by 31/01/23
If you pay 40K points, you get 20K back with a 2 night stay by 31/01/23

You only earn 40K if you pay cash to renew ( I went with the second option)

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Oct 21, 22 at 4:46 pm
Admiral Ackbar is offline  
Old Oct 21, 22, 4:39 pm
  #145  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
If you pay $200, you get 20K points instantly + 20K with a 2 night stay by 31/01/23
If you pay 40K points, you get 20K back with a 2 night stay by 31/01/23

You only earn 40K if you pay cash to renew ( I went with the second option)
I beleive this applies only for renewals and not for new ambassador members, I recently joined ambassador (paying cash) and have only one option to earn 20K points after 2 night stay by 31/01/23.
waiting485 is offline  
Old Oct 21, 22, 6:00 pm
  #146  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 16,275
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
EDIT: As pointed out below this is for renewals only

If you pay $200, you get 20K points instantly + 20K with a 2 night stay by 31/01/23
If you pay 40K points, you get 20K back with a 2 night stay by 31/01/23

You only earn 40K if you pay cash to renew ( I went with the second option)
Originally Posted by waiting485
I beleive this applies only for renewals and not for new ambassador members, I recently joined ambassador (paying cash) and have only one option to earn 20K points after 2 night stay by 31/01/23.
I haven't renewed since the start of the pandemic. I don't know if IHG extended the status or not. If I renew now, will I get the bonus points for staying by January 31, 2023?
lsquare is offline  
Old Oct 21, 22, 9:14 pm
  #147  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 14
Prior to getting on board the instant diamond offer, I had registered for the "stay 5 nights, get Platinum until December 2023" offer. Does anyone know if I stay for five nights, whether I get automatically downgraded from Diamond to Platinum? If not, will the Platinum automatically kick in after the Diamond expires?
meinnit likes this.
pangwen is offline  
Old Oct 21, 22, 10:24 pm
  #148  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by pangwen
Prior to getting on board the instant diamond offer, I had registered for the "stay 5 nights, get Platinum until December 2023" offer. Does anyone know if I stay for five nights, whether I get automatically downgraded from Diamond to Platinum? If not, will the Platinum automatically kick in after the Diamond expires?

I believe if you registered for both, it will expire when the initial window to do the nights for platinum expires.

What does your offer page say?
​​​
tellitslant is offline  
Old Oct 21, 22, 11:18 pm
  #149  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by tellitslant
I believe if you registered for both, it will expire when the initial window to do the nights for platinum expires.

What does your offer page say?
​​​

I can't seem to get the terms and conditions for my offer specifically, but I believe it was similar to the current one, in that:

Gold Elite status and Platinum Elite status awarded under this Promotion will be reflected in the members IHG One Rewards account following completion of the number of qualifying nights required to achieve such status, as described in these terms and conditions. Once a member receives a Gold Elite or Platinum Elite status upgrade with this Promotion, the member may keep such status for the remainder of 2022 and through the full 2023 calendar year. Any status upgrade above the Platinum Elite level for 2022 or 2023, and any Elite status at any level for the 2024 calendar year and beyond, must be earned by the member in accordance with the IHG One Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions or, if applicable, pursuant to a special promotion offering the member an opportunity to attain such status for the time period prescribed.
So based on the first sentence of this:
- I am currently Diamond
- Once I complete the qualifying nights condition (five nights), the Platinum Elite status will be reflected in my IHG Rewards account. This means that I would be downgraded from Diamond as soon as this happens.
- I am able to then keep Platinum for the remainder of 2022 and through the full 2023 calendar year.

However, I'm not sure how the last sentence about status upgrade above Platinum will work in this instance. I would have fulfilled the second part of the sentence ("pursuant to a special promotion...") previously, but if the account was updated to reflect Platinum on completion of the 5 nights offer, I'm not sure if there's another automatic process to take me back to Diamond.
pangwen is offline  
Old Oct 21, 22, 11:56 pm
  #150  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TPE, SFO, PAE
Posts: 667
Might be a bit off topic, but I'm thinking about joining Ambassador (let it expired a couple months ago) because I have 3 stays at IC coming up.
  • Does the USD 200 fee earn bonus points on Chase IHG card?
  • Any recent DP on joining Ambassador at a hotel? I remember getting some bonus points when joining when checking-in
ithinkurdumb is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread