FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG hotels in HK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2096654-ihg-hotels-hk.html)

336 Oct 6, 2022 8:01 am

IHG hotels in HK

Which IHG in HK offers the best lounge?

Now that the IC HK (Regent to be) is closed, I am wondering other options.

Thank you for your input.

If know, what is the lounge supplement?

Mr. Chan Oct 6, 2022 9:46 am

That would be the Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong. It was newly renovated with new flooring too!

unfrequentflyer Oct 8, 2022 11:27 pm

Is OP an RA? Ten years ago, the lounge cost over HK$800, Both IC in Hong Kong are known to be stingy regarding upgrade and lounge access. It is unlikely you will get anything more than required. When I stayed at IC GS in 2009, I was told by front desk that I have to choose between room upgrade and lounge access. She said that to me while looking at my IC RA membership card. I took the room upgrade.

336 Oct 9, 2022 12:37 am

No RA.

Just Diamond and AMB.

Willing to pay for lounge upgrade. What are current fees?

unfrequentflyer Oct 9, 2022 11:46 am

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 34666277)
No RA.

Just Diamond and AMB.

Under the current rule, if your Diamond is earned with at least 40 nights, you can choose a year of lounge access. Better check with the Ambassador desk.

blankman Oct 9, 2022 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 34666277)
No RA.

Just Diamond and AMB.

I just completed a 10 night stay at this property. Current fees are HKD$880 per person per day inclusive of service charge.

This lounge has solid food and beverage options served buffet style but the menu is often repeated and gets rather tiresome. There is also only 2 beers on offer (Tsing Tao and Corona) and 1 sparkling wine (B&G). Red and white wines are on par with what you'd be served in a typical airport lounge. Coffee quality is so-so but tea range is decent.

The club staff are generally polite and efficient but not particularly friendly or proactive. Personally if my lounge access wasn't already included I wouldn't find value in paying what they're asking for.

​​​​​​Just some other feedback about this property:

1) Location is a bit far from the touristy part of TST and is about an 8 minute walk to the nearest train station. It's not a bad location but not a great one either in my opinion.
2) Rooms are generally OK, some with lovely harbour views. TVs are outdated (not smart) and phones are ancient and barely work. Lobby area and elevators are very dated.
3) Service here isn't great. The staff here have a stingy, miserly and rigid attitude-this comes from the top down. Each visit it gets progressively worse.
4) Gym is run down with old equipment and pool is very small. No steam room or sauna facilities.
5) Avoid the rooms on level 17- loud thuds from the gym on level 18 may interrupt your sleep.

Truth be told I ended up checking out earlier and going over to the Holiday Inn Golden Mile. Location much better for me with freshly renovated rooms (elites are allocated these free of charge) and the included breakfast I get as my diamond benefit is on par with the club lounge breakfast at the IC.

The executive lounge and pool will also be opening soon so this might really be a credible alternative to the IC- as crazy as it sounds.

blankman Oct 9, 2022 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Chan (Post 34659491)
That would be the Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong. It was newly renovated with new flooring too!

Apart from the flooring and one booth seat being reupholstered I can't think of a single thing that has been updated. I might be in the minority but I preferred the carpeted flooring-the lounge felt cosier and also made the space quieter.

charliechan51 Oct 9, 2022 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by blankman (Post 34667382)
I just completed a 10 night stay at this property. Current fees are HKD$880 per person per day inclusive of service charge.

This lounge has solid food and beverage options served buffet style but the menu is often repeated and gets rather tiresome. There is also only 2 beers on offer (Tsing Tao and Corona) and 1 sparkling wine (B&G). Red and white wines are on par with what you'd be served in a typical airport lounge. Coffee quality is so-so but tea range is decent.

The club staff are generally polite and efficient but not particularly friendly or proactive. Personally if my lounge access wasn't already included I wouldn't find value in paying what they're asking for.

​​​​​​Just some other feedback about this property:

1) Location is a bit far from the touristy part of TST and is about an 8 minute walk to the nearest train station. It's not a bad location but not a great one either in my opinion.
2) Rooms are generally OK, some with lovely harbour views. TVs are outdated (not smart) and phones are ancient and barely work. Lobby area and elevators are very dated.
3) Service here isn't great. The staff here have a stingy, miserly and rigid attitude-this comes from the top down. Each visit it gets progressively worse.
4) Gym is run down with old equipment and pool is very small. No steam room or sauna facilities.
5) Avoid the rooms on level 17- loud thuds from the gym on level 18 may interrupt your sleep.

Truth be told I ended up checking out earlier and going over to the Holiday Inn Golden Mile. Location much better for me with freshly renovated rooms (elites are allocated these free of charge) and the included breakfast I get as my diamond benefit is on par with the club lounge breakfast at the IC.

The executive lounge and pool will also be opening soon so this might really be a credible alternative to the IC- as crazy as it sounds.

any idea when their lounge open again gold golden mile?

336 Oct 9, 2022 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by blankman (Post 34667382)

Thanks a lot for sharing your views.

880HKD is quiet steep. Especially if quality is lacking.

So from what I understand they offer a French sparkling wine. Not champagne.

Is the 880HKD really per person, or per room?

blankman Oct 9, 2022 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 34668469)
Thanks a lot for sharing your views.

880HKD is quiet steep. Especially if quality is lacking.

So from what I understand they offer a French sparkling wine. Not champagne.

Is the 880HKD really per person, or per room?

Definitely per person and they are militant with enforcement.

​​​​

336 Oct 10, 2022 12:40 am

OK. Thanks. Crazy fee imo.

Will make sure to book club room or forego the idea all along.

Price difference between basic room and club room seems to be "only" 600HKD, which obviously covers 2 people.

Can't imagine a scenario justifying 1700HKD just for access.

blankman Oct 10, 2022 12:59 am

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 34668570)
OK. Thanks. Crazy fee imo.

Will make sure to book club room or forego the idea all along.

Price difference between basic room and club room seems to be "only" 600HKD, which obviously covers 2 people.

Can't imagine a scenario justifying 1700HKD just for access.

At HKD$600 for 2 people it's well worth it. Agree that HKD$1760 is crazy money.

I've also attached the current benefits letter so you see all the benefits along with their complimentary upgrade chart for diamond ambassadors.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7467042289.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...dbd104f6d4.jpg

Fyi also checked with management at HI Golden Mile and lounge is on track to reopen Jan 23.

ftakak Oct 19, 2022 3:14 am

Will be in HK at the end of year and I was considering IC Grand Stanford until I saw this post. Now HI seems to be another choice.

By the way, has anyone tried to use Weekend Certs during New Year’s Eve? I am new to this and think they charge for a much higher rate than BFR.

336 Jan 24, 2023 11:17 pm

Is HI Golden Mile lounge open?
Experiences?

336 Jan 25, 2023 1:43 am

Reservations manager of the IC Grand Stanford hotel, January 2023:

We are pleased to offer supplement charge at HK$880net for Club Privileges for Maximum two persons per day.