Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Website Maintenance Sept 5th (IHG being hacked)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by meinnit
Details on the hack emerging..

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-62937678
This would explain why it is not possible to retrieve stays in the period around the 6th and 7th via the missing stay form. It will be interesting to see how IHG will resolve this. Will a record of the stay be lept on the local property systems, Can they be retrieved by back up or evidence provided by the confirmatory email. I think I will hold on calling until they have worked out a way of resolving this. I only have a one night stay missing and I am in no great hurry for the points.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I got my amenity points from a Sept 7th check in. But no other record of the stay in my account. I'm also missing lots of 4x points from well before the hack, so it's not as if IHG's IT was top quality to begin with. I think I'm owed well over 100K points, but I will just have to be patient.
Bipolar Cyclops likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I got my amenity points from a Sept 7th check in. But no other record of the stay in my account. I'm also missing lots of 4x points from well before the hack, so it's not as if IHG's IT was top quality to begin with. I think I'm owed well over 100K points, but I will just have to be patient.
Wasn’t there a cap on how many points you could earn? I hope I’m wrong for your sake!
Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yes there is a cap of 100k points.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
I elected to receive airline miles in lieu of points for a recent stay I completed on September 2. These earned miles appear on my most recent stay in the past stays section of my IHG Rewards account. The miles from this stay haven't posted to my airline frequent flyer account yet. I called IHG Rewards customer service and the representative I spoke with told me to expect a wait of 3-6 weeks for these miles to post to my airline account.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Open Table 150 pts posted within 24h of the meal! Wish I was surprised about how poor their password security was but given they still don't have 2FA for login and until a few years ago only allowed a 4 digit PIN for logins it all seems quite believable...
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:29 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Open Table 150 pts posted within 24h of the meal! Wish I was surprised about how poor their password security was but given they still don't have 2FA for login and until a few years ago only allowed a 4 digit PIN for logins it all seems quite believable...
What does Open Table have to do with IHG being hacked?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
What does Open Table have to do with IHG being hacked?
Well people were saying how rapidly or otherwise points had posted after stays, I was confirming non-stay points were back to showing up as normal...
​​
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
CC points

Is anyone having issues with CC points posting since the hack? Mine always post like clockwork on the 17th, regardless of day of the week. I checked my cc account and the cycle has definitely closed but the points have not posted yet. I’ll give it a couple of days. I have to call anyway because my 3 night stay at a Kimpton two weekends ago is also not reflected (the confirmation numbers don’t even show up on my account under past stays, much less the qualifying nights or points). IHG has become a hassle, to have to keep track and follow for points rightfully due.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ARR72
Is anyone having issues with CC points posting since the hack? Mine always post like clockwork on the 17th, regardless of day of the week. I checked my cc account and the cycle has definitely closed but the points have not posted yet. I’ll give it a couple of days.
Yes same here. It may take another week or two though. I am not worried as the Chase bill shows the amount of points that should be transferred, so they have that data. Thankfully Chase wasn't hacked!
ARR72 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
So I just called a Staybridge where my wife and I stayed Sept 2-5. We had not seen a posting to our account yet. The girl at the front either didn't know about the hack, or was keeping it from me(I played dumb on that part.) She was able to find our folio and was willing to send me an email, but .... she needed an email address. I get emails for confirmations and reminders but the hotel doesn't have my email even though they have my membership?

What kind of operation is this? I don't need all this rigamarole with Hilton. I ask for an email, the desk can send it to me. This is not a knock on the specific hotel, and we are currently planning on staying there as the location is good, and we have enough Hilton stays to maintain status that we can move to more convenient hotels when necessary. But boy if IHG was my primary chain, they would be having me look elsewhere.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 5:13 pm

Still haven't received my Chase IHG Business sign up bonus points to my IHG account even though I've met the MSR and the points appear in my Chase account. Very frustrating as I'm eager to book a stay in October at a hotel that is rapidly filling up. Do better, IHG.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by levelnine
Still haven't received my Chase IHG Business sign up bonus points to my IHG account even though I've met the MSR and the points appear in my Chase account. Very frustrating as I'm eager to book a stay in October at a hotel that is rapidly filling up. Do better, IHG.

Hopefully IHG makes this right, my dates recently went on sale for 2023 ( after my 40K cert normally posts) and the room was under 40K but I didn't have the cert so I couldn't book it..............now it's up to 42K points so I can't use the select card cert ( which still hasn't posted) unless the room drops back under 40K.
levelnine likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:58 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I filled out the 'General Comment' (since you cannot fill out missing points if your stay has dissapeared) form on the IHG site (https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/customer-care/forms) last week about a missing one night stay (which brought me to 50 nights) the day of the hack at a HIX. Got an email back today from Ambassador support (even though the stay in question was not at an IC) that credited the stay, gave me my milestone reward and threw in some points to bring my balance up to a round number lol. So they do get to the website requests eventually it seems.
flyer4512, MBDublin and ARR72 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Bluefan75
But boy if IHG was my primary chain, they would be having me look elsewhere.
I really hope this was reality and people would start going over to Hilton. More room upgrades for me at IHG properties, but I really doubt this "hack" had much of an impact to their client base.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.