Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Has anyone here successfully negotiated a lower rate at a IHG Hotel for a long stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone here successfully negotiated a lower rate at a IHG Hotel for a long stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA

I will be traveling to the Washington DC area once a week for the rest of the year. I will fly out there on Monday night and return home on Thursday Evening. This will have me staying three nights at a Washington area Holiday Inn right next to the office 3 nights a week until late December 2022.

Because the money will be coming out of my own pocket I wonder if it is possible to make a deal with the hotel and see if I can get a special rate because I will be staying there 3 nights a week for at least 6 months.

Please don't tell me to check with the hotel sales department! I want to hear other people's experiences before approaching someone.

Have you had any luck negotiating a cheaper rate due to a regular stay?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
For longer stays, my advice is to negotiate directly with the hotel (asking for confirmation that the rate will be a qualifying one).

On long consulting projects, I have always done this and never had a problem.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Agree. Best to discuss directly with the sales team or guest services manager of the given hotel. I have just done that for a 4-month stay at an IC property and it worked very well for me.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Yes, just done that few days ago at a HI Express, once I was tired of changing hotels and decided to stay with them a bit longer than usual. Talk to a hotel manager, it should be possible.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:11 pm

No direct experience to answer your Q but in my mind this isn’t a ‘long stay’ but rather a regular/committed repeat stay.

I would think of a long stay as where you take a room for a long period consecutively.

Either could get you a negotiated rate but I don’t know how they would differ.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
No direct experience to answer your Q but in my mind this isn’t a ‘long stay’ but rather a regular/committed repeat stay.

I would think of a long stay as where you take a room for a long period consecutively.

Either could get you a negotiated rate but I don’t know how they would differ.
All the times I negotiated a long stay for a long project, the nights were only from Monday to Thursday (I went back to Paris at the weekend).
This was never a problem as long as I was committed to staying for a long period with my team.

Among the goodies :
- the chef of the restaurant asked us what we wanted for lunch every morning (it was great),
- I could leave my personal belongings in the room the weekend if the hotel was not full.
turner32 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.