Uk Food/Bev Credit for Ambassador

Old Jun 22, 22, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Uk Food/Bev Credit for Ambassador

Hi,

Just looking to see if anyone else is a member of the Ambassador Club and has, or has not, received the (approx) £15 food & beverage credit when staying at a UK Holiday Inn? The allowance is $20 US, converted.

I've booked one and contacted the hotel to check, and they said it's a new program and they're not sure yet.

Should I expect any f&b charged to my room to automatically be deducted up to the £15 value, or is this something I will have to, for want of a better phrase, fight for when I check in/out?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:27 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador
Ambassador benefits (unless I am misunderstanding Ambassador Club) only apply at Intercontinental Hotels so you should not be getting anything at a Holiday Inn as an Ambassador.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jun 22, 22 at 7:16 pm
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Indeed AMB is only for ICs

You will receive whatever benefits apply from your underlying IHG status - which IIRC if you have AMB will be Platinum. Unless you have Diamond of course
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Upon closer reading, it would appear you are correct. My first reading of it suggested it applied to all IHG properties, but that was a mistake, it would seem.

Oh well, I joined for the buy one get one free benefit anyway, but the £15 would've been nice. C'est la vie.

Thanks
Old Jun 22, 22, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I wouldn't dismss IHG status out of hand which you seem to be doing. As I said you also get IHG Plat as part of buying AMB which gives some very good benefits which outweigh a £15 credit.

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page
Admiral Ackbar likes this.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Jun 22, 22 at 11:22 pm

Search this Thread