Is this how pricing normally displays?

Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Is this how pricing normally displays?

I was booking a stay at the Athens IC and working my way through the list I found this option 1 King Bed Classic Club Access [Bolding mine], no indication of anything else other than that room included club access 35 Sqm Room full Club Lounge facilities Free WiFi work area

with a price of From 199.45 Euro

Clicking through to the selection screen, the header remains on the next screen indicating "Club Access" with a number of rates, the lowest being the same with a member rate of 199.45 Euro

only when I scroll through the other options on that same display do I come to
CLUB FLOOR OFFER
for EU 241

So the first display of club access on the initial list for a Club room is only an indication that there is an opportunity to get club access with the room by paying more? There's no previous text saying that.

If so, this seems sort of like a classic bait and switch.

I checked a couple room where the text on the list did not include club access, and when I clicked through it was not offered as an option.
This link may or may not work
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...Mn=0&qSHBrC=IC
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Room includes access with all rates, difference in rate conditions, probably.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Room includes access with all rates, difference in rate conditions, probably.
That's what would make sense. My issue is that the header before you click anything displays as CLUB ACCESS
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
It seems to be a non member discounted flex rate, for members flex is cheaper. all rates below include club access. the room type is the determining factor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.