IHG card upgrade Select to Premier

Old Jun 7, 22, 6:46 am
Original Poster

IHG card upgrade Select to Premier

I have two IHG Select Cards (one of them is an original PriorityClub credit card). I'm thinking of upgrading one of the Select cards to the Premier version and am wondering if there have been any upgrade promos lately since the new program/card benefits launched? Additionally, as I have never upgraded a card before with Chase in my life, is it done online like with AMEX? Do you have to wait for a promo/upgrade invite email to do so? Wondering what is the best way to upgrade the card these days. Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:15 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Hilton Diamond
I haven't seen anyone mention receiving any upgrade promos since the Premier card relaunched. Without a targeted promo, I think you'd probably have to call into Chase to request that they product change you to the Premier card.
Old Jun 10, 22, 4:01 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Why don't you apply for the sign up bonus? The 49 USD per night is impossible to get now. I wouldn't mind to pay for a few 49 USD fee for the night
Old Jun 10, 22, 6:56 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
Why don't you apply for the sign up bonus? The 49 USD per night is impossible to get now. I wouldn't mind to pay for a few 49 USD fee for the night
Chase will no longer approve new Premier card accounts for people who hold the Select card
Old Jun 10, 22, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
If you already hold the $49AF card, Chase will no longer approve applications for the $99AF card. If the OP is able to PC one of his/her old cards to the Premier card thats the only way to have both at this point.
Old Jun 10, 22, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Beetles View Post
If you already hold the $49AF card, Chase will no longer approve applications for the $99AF card. If the OP is able to PC one of his/her old cards to the Premier card thats the only way to have both at this point.
And given the additional utility of the Premier Flex FNCs, many people will find the higher AF worth paying vs. having your certs capped at 40K.

(Note: I wouldn't recommend the product change for someone holding only a single Select card, given the 10% rebate on points redemptions. But for someone like the OP with 2 Selects, the value proposition to product-change is there.)
Old Jun 10, 22, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by beltway View Post
And given the additional utility of the Premier Flex FNCs, many people will find the higher AF worth paying vs. having your certs capped at 40K.

(Note: I wouldn't recommend the product change for someone holding only a single Select card, given the 10% rebate on points redemptions. But for someone like the OP with 2 Selects, the value proposition to product-change is there.)
And the fourth night free on award stays. It could be argued in some cases that would net more points than the 10% back on the Select card. Having both cards though really is a winning combo for award stays. I have both cards and my Bangkok trip is costing me next to nothing in points next February.
Old Jun 11, 22, 1:12 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Beetles View Post
And the fourth night free on award stays. It could be argued in some cases that would net more points than the 10% back on the Select card. Having both cards though really is a winning combo for award stays. I have both cards and my Bangkok trip is costing me next to nothing in points next February.
I m in Thailand now. Paying just over 100k points for 29 nights for annual lounge pass run

Search this Thread