Using IHG free night for New England foliage

Old May 25, 22, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Using IHG free night for New England foliage

I have 2 free night certificates expiring at the end of the year, that I want to use to surprise my wife for her birthday to go somewhere in New England to enjoy fall foliage. Does anyone have a recommendation of a hotel? Prefer one with free breakfast. Suites obviously a plus. I have about 450k points, so dont mind topping off cert for a nice hotel.
Old May 25, 22, 12:26 pm

Programs: IHG Spire; Hilton Diamond
Kimpton Taconic in Manchester, VT. Free breakfast if you are Diamond by then. This is our favorite IHG hotel in New England by far.

After that I'd choose the HIXs in Lincoln, NH, Burlington, VT, and White River Junction, VT based solely on location..

There's a Holiday Inn Resort at Mount Ascutney in VT but have never been.

Otherwise, there's some HIs or HIXs in places like Brattleboro, VT, Keene/Manchester, NH, and Pittfield, MA. None of them are anything to write home about. I The locations in Maine are mostly along the coast so not as much foliage as the other states.
Old May 28, 22, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
May gave been the timing but the foliage around Lincoln blew away everything else from Burlington Vt. to bar harbor Maine
Old May 30, 22, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
May gave been the timing but the foliage around Lincoln blew away everything else from Burlington Vt. to bar harbor Maine
is that the Lincoln Gap from Lincoln, VT to Warren, VT? we are doing a Burlington to Kimpton Taconic Manchester drive in last few days of Sept.
Old Jun 3, 22, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
is that the Lincoln Gap from Lincoln, VT to Warren, VT? we are doing a Burlington to Kimpton Taconic Manchester drive in last few days of Sept.
sorry for the slow response.

lincoln NH, the Kancamagus highway and the Franconia notch area.I think you’ll be a week early for peak season, but it moves a little from year to year.
mareh likes this.
Old Jun 4, 22, 1:22 pm

Agreed—the last week of September is probably too early for much foliage in Southern Vermont where the Kimpton is, although it's a nice area. The White Mountains is my favorite spot, but it depends on what you're looking for. Another nice area: Berkshires in MA.

Basically, the foliage starts north and works its way south. Lake Champlain and coastal areas tend to turn later.

Last edited by mareh; Jun 4, 22 at 6:25 pm

Search this Thread