Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Brussels City - Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Hotel Indigo Brussels City - Master Thread

Noted that there was not a thread for this hotel, so thought I would start one. I had a 4 night stay in May 2022.

What is your Priority Club status?

Spire/Diamond Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Stay was good, was given both welcome points and a drink as Diamond/Spire. Received late check out of 2pm as requested.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked a 1 bed suite, got a one bed suite as no upgrade possible. However, there is something to note. Room 925 is by far and away the best room of the three suites they have. It is probably twice the size of the smallest and 50% bigger than the middle one. In addition, it has a lot more light. If you get a suite, insist on that room if you can. I had 924 the first night then 925 for the last three nights.

How are the rooms?

925 is a good room, I would say with the space, it is well up there with the best suites I have had in a four star hotel. However, the refurbishment team from the old Hilton to the Indigo did make some strange choices. Firstly, the bathrooms still continue to have the old grey flecked granite style tiles. This really clashes with the rest of the decor and ages the room. The toilets where also kept and aren't the most efficient, shower could also do with more pressure.

Doors are also the same as those before the reno. Thus, it kind of detracts from the effect they've created with the majority of the hotel. Just found it a bit odd.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good

Location; easy to get into Brussels and with it being by the botanical garden you can get away from some of the crowds.

Happy Hour: €8 for a pitcher of Stella is reasonable if you like that type of beer.

Public areas: done to a very good level, enjoyable place to have a chat/drink/do some work etc.

Gym: This was reasonable with a good selection of modern machines.

Breakfast: Good quality, even if lacking in some higher end products.

Bad

Not mentioning the evening reception. They had one on Wednesday but we didn't get told about it so missed it.

Lifts: Slow and old. Not sure how these didn't get replaced in the renovations.

Noise in rooms. Not sure if this is applicable in all rooms but the suites have poor sound insulation so it gets noisy during the early hours as it is close by the train line.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Personally, I wasn't a fan of Brussels so will not return, however if I do I will stay at this hotel again if I can get room 925.

Apologies to all for the lack of photos, I hadn't realised this hotel didn't have a master thread so I just took some basic photos of room 925.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Bad

Not mentioning the evening reception. They had one on Wednesday but we didn't get told about it so missed it.
Thank you for the review and for the clarification of the different one bedroom suite sizes!
You mentioned the evening reception,
Is this gathering with drinks for (long stay/regulars) to meet management or more like the Kimpton social hour?

Also, can you recall if the minibar was filled with (some/any/no-thing)?
I remember that Indigo's feature is that minibar is inclusive and usual with some free (non) alcoholic and snacks and for suites a couple of beers extra. (Indigo Edinburgh & Indigo Den Haag / The Hague)
Old May 17, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Review of my stay in July 2021
Old May 17, 2022, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Thank you for the review and for the clarification of the different one bedroom suite sizes!
You mentioned the evening reception,
Is this gathering with drinks for (long stay/regulars) to meet management or more like the Kimpton social hour?

Also, can you recall if the minibar was filled with (some/any/no-thing)?
I remember that Indigo's feature is that minibar is inclusive and usual with some free (non) alcoholic and snacks and for suites a couple of beers extra. (Indigo Edinburgh & Indigo Den Haag / The Hague)
Minibar was only filled with water each day, no other goodies other than that. The reception, I think was a goodbye to Covid sort of thing, as that is was it said on the mini-flyer, however I cannot be certain as I didn't go/ask about this.
Old May 18, 2022, 8:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Ah, just water means there is place to store your own stuff and the free goodies are never coming back again
thanks for the clarification!
Old Mar 18, 2023, 7:40 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
We stayed here for two nights in March 2022 and were very, very pleased with the way we were treated.

I have Diamond status; my spouse is Platinum. We made two separate bookings using credit card free nights. We kep the same (premium) room for the entire stay and received every status benefit, including breakfast on both mornings.

The last time I stayed here, several years ago, it was a sad Hilton. Now it's a rather nice Indigo that I'd return to without hesitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.