Wiki Posts
Search

Booked 4 nts but only stay 3??

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Booked 4 nts but only stay 3??

I booked a 4 nts stay using pts doing the 4th night free with cc . I now only need to stay 3 nts but it would take a lot more pts to cancel and rebook just the 3 nts. Can I do a internet checkout after the 4 the night or how can I can just stay 3 and not get charged the new rate. Rate on booking shows 22000 for each of the first 3 nts and shows 0 for 4 the night. Can I just cancel the last night or not without a repricing?
Old May 7, 2022, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
On a points booking you have to cancel the entire booking and make a new one and pay the new ratea if you need to make any adjusments to the stay,
Old May 7, 2022, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
On a points booking you have to cancel the entire booking and make a new one and pay the new ratea if you need to make any adjusments to the stay,
I Checked and it would be 120,000 more pts to cancel and rebook so I cancelled IHG and booked with free Marriot nights

Last edited by rrohio; May 7, 2022 at 9:07 am
Old May 7, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
For the future, you probably wouldn't have had any problems with keeping your original 4 night reservation. The hotel would see you were gone the 5th day and automatically check you out. If you were going to leave more than one day early, that might get noticed and you could potentially have an issue. You could also consider the extra day, a guaranteed super-late checkout. YMMV....

--Jon
Old May 8, 2022, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
For the future, you probably wouldn't have had any problems with keeping your original 4 night reservation. The hotel would see you were gone the 5th day and automatically check you out. If you were going to leave more than one day early, that might get noticed and you could potentially have an issue. You could also consider the extra day, a guaranteed super-late checkout. YMMV....

--Jon
But I need to leave at 6 am on morning of day 4 and was worried hotel would notice We were gone because will be getting taxi. Pick up
Old May 8, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
If you were going to leave more than one day early, that might get noticed and you could potentially have an issue.
I’ve often left hotels early when I booked with a flexible itinerary in mind. I usually let the front desk know that I may or may not be back, and have never had a problem. What is the potential issue I’m missing, assuming the nights are all paid for?
Old May 8, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by jaytw
I’ve often left hotels early when I booked with a flexible itinerary in mind. I usually let the front desk know that I may or may not be back, and have never had a problem. What is the potential issue I’m missing, assuming the nights are all paid for?
If the property has an early departure fee and they see your gone over 24 hours early, they may try to charge you for it. Other than that, I don't see an issue other than no refund of the points (or cash) for the unused nights.

--Jon

P.S. I try not to book properties that have early departure fees. Fortunately, most of the time, that isn't difficult.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
I have left hotels many times in the past. On flexible reservations, I would change the reservation if that does not turn out more expensive for me, but in all other cases I would just leave the hotel and they would notice at noon on the planned check-out date, and check me out. Never had problems with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.