Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Ambassador question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bob12403
If you mean the cost to renew, it's the same as the initial signup. This from the T&C:
In some of the older materials for Ambassador, I saw reference to renewing at half the cost of the original signup. Is this ever a promotion that rolls around? Even without the bonus points, I'd buy a 2nd weekend night cert for $100 without thinking about it. For $200, I at least need to think about how/where I'd use it (even though it's usually still a good bargain).
Old Apr 1, 2022, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by pinniped
In some of the older materials for Ambassador, I saw reference to renewing at half the cost of the original signup. Is this ever a promotion that rolls around?
I have no idea, sorry.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by WannabePBA
When did you sign up, and did you have any issues? I'm in the same boat where I rarely stay at ICs, but this year will be staying at a couple of them so wanted to sign up today. Trying to pay with points, but it keeps saying it is having trouble processing my "card"...but not paying with card. (Or I wonder if it has something to do with the upcoming program change...)

Nothing to do with the scheme change.

I had this happen in June last year and an email to the ambassador address resolved it. Others have had similar issues in the last as well.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Followup question from this newly-minted Ambassador: I enrolled a couple of days ago (March 29.) The weekend BOGO cert is already in my IHG account. The expiration is May 1, 2023, which is slightly more than 13 months from enrollment. The T&C clearly say "The complimentary weekend night may be redeemed up to 12 months from the date on which the certificate is issued."

Not complaining about getting the extra time, although I'll likely cash it out sooner, but anyone know why this happened? Just another example of IHG IT working in mysterious ways, perhaps?
It’s standard for the first year is for you to get 13 months it’s not an IT glitch
bob12403 and lgladdy like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
It’s standard for the first year is for you to get 13 months it’s not an IT glitch
Thanks for the explanation. And having just made a BOGO Kimpton booking, I wanted to share something that might help others who are also new to Ambassador: The BOGO cert can be used for ANY two-night stay at Kimpton, not just on weekends, a la the IC. I booked a Wed/Thurs/Fri stay in Boston with no problem.

Here's the T&C (my emphasis added): "'Weekend' is defined to include Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define the weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday. At Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants and participating Regent Hotels & Resorts the Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night is defined as Any Day." Not sure if they could have made that language any more confusing!

Last edited by bob12403; Apr 3, 2022 at 5:58 am
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
The rules for Kimton and Regent are only until end of this year, unless they extend them once more
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ninjalad
The rules for Kimton and Regent are only until end of this year, unless they extend them once more
Understood. But right now it helped me book Kimpton this year, and it was not something about which I was aware until I read through the T&C.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Wait, we can use the BOGO's at Kimpton? I thought that cert was only IC.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Wait, we can use the BOGO's at Kimpton? I thought that cert was only IC.
Me too, until I read the T&C. That's what prompted my earlier post upthread. I had a feeling there were others who were not aware of this. And you can use the cert for ANY two consecutive days, not just weekends. (And as ninjalad pointed out, Kimpton use is currently only through the end of this year.)
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:45 am

Me too, until I read the T&C. That's what prompted my earlier post upthread. I had a feeling there were others who were not aware of this. And you can use the cert for ANY two consecutive days, not just weekends. (And as ninjalad pointed out, Kimpton use is currently only through the end of this year.)
Good to know, even if it's a one-time thing. Opens up a couple more options for me to use the cert.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Being able to redeem at Kimpton and Regents was introduced in the summer of 2020 and was due to end last December but was extended to the end if this year. IIRC it got a good airing on here and on some of the travel blogs.

it’s a good benefit and I’ve just used it to redeem at a Kimpton on what would otherwise be an expensive stay.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
I just bought it for the 20,000 point bonus. Do the desk upgrades get better than that?

I'm like 1x a year at an actual IC, maybe 3x a year at Kimpton, and 3x a year at HIX. I've never seen an in-person Ambassador offer. Wonder if this gets flagged for more frequent IC guests.
I meant a better room upgrade for that stay - the desk agent is positively disposed towards you. All anecdotal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.