Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Is anyone else having problems today? I'm on my way to the InterContinental Barcelona, should be there in an hour, and I have no way of proving my lounge pass.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Is anyone else having problems today? I'm on my way to the InterContinental Barcelona, should be there in an hour, and I have no way of proving my lounge pass.
hotel can actually see in their system
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
hotel can actually see in their system
Ah OK, thanks. That's all very joined up for IHG!

Their track record of account availability lately has been poorer than usual.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Received the email too,
Shame & stupid of me that i forgot to ask at Kimpton London!

It would be helpful when these F&B vouchers work,
that members would post their published value ($20) in their local currency of their stayed hotel.

IE: example format:

IHG F&B $20 voucher on DEC 2022 = €19,31 value in The Netherlands | confirmed Voco The Hague)
The Food & Beverage Reward will be issued to the member in 6 local currencies (20USD, 15GBP, 15EUR, 125CNY, 2000JPY and 70SAR) based on member country of origin; all others will receive the Reward as $20USD. The Reward amount and credit value will be converted to the hotel’s local currency at time of redemption
----
With a strong USD, an US based member would get more value from the same F&B voucher comparing to a Japan based member
HadesNL likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 11:24 pm

Member benefits on multiple rooms

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered somewhere else - couldn't find it after searching for a while.

If I book two rooms in the same hotel, will the elite benefit (say breakfast or drink vouchers) apply to both rooms? The T&C says "Available for Member and one guest registered to the same room for each night of stay", so I assume it will cover me and guest A in room 1, and me and guest B in room 2?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
The Food & Beverage Reward will be issued to the member in 6 local currencies (20USD, 15GBP, 15EUR, 125CNY, 2000JPY and 70SAR) based on member country of origin; all others will receive the Reward as $20USD. The Reward amount and credit value will be converted to the hotel’s local currency at time of redemption
----
With a strong USD, an US based member would get more value from the same F&B voucher comparing to a Japan based member
Mine are currently showing as €17.39 at my IC Barcelona stay. I've got a €150 spend on my account at the mo and it looks like I'll able to use these. Although I have the €85 lux life credit and €15 ambassador credit as well.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I assume it will cover me and guest A in room 1, and me and guest B in room 2?
That is the wildest interpretation I could have ever imagined ... apologies for asking, but I am wondering how could you physically stay in two rooms at the same time?
As the T&Cs say, the welcome amenity can be used by you and one person registered and staying in the same room as you.
The welcome amenity cannot be used by anyone registered and staying in the second, third, etc. room - irrespective that these may have been booked under your IHG 1R account (in the same way as a complimentary upgrade could be awarded to the room you are personally registered and staying in but to none of the others).
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 3:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I have to agree with MichaelA380 on this one:

Diamond elite's welcome amenity breakfast will only be offered/registered
to the room for which the Diamond elite member ( + 1 extra person if double occupancy room)
has booked AND is physically present/staying/occupying in own person that said booked room

----

OT:
The only program that offers perks for other rooms that you are NOT occupying in person is
WOH Hyatt for Globalist status : guest of honor https://onemileatatime.com/guides/hyatt-guest-of-honor/
----
https://onemileatatime.com/guides/hyatt-guest-of-honor/
Old Dec 18, 2022, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
That is the wildest interpretation I could have ever imagined ... apologies for asking, but I am wondering how could you physically stay in two rooms at the same time?
As the T&Cs say, the welcome amenity can be used by you and one person registered and staying in the same room as you.
The welcome amenity cannot be used by anyone registered and staying in the second, third, etc. room - irrespective that these may have been booked under your IHG 1R account (in the same way as a complimentary upgrade could be awarded to the room you are personally registered and staying in but to none of the others).
Originally Posted by HadesNL
I have to agree with MichaelA380 on this one:

Diamond elite's welcome amenity breakfast will only be offered/registered
to the room for which the Diamond elite member ( + 1 extra person if double occupancy room)
has booked AND is physically present/staying/occupying in own person that said booked room

----

OT:
The only program that offers perks for other rooms that you are NOT occupying in person is
WOH Hyatt for Globalist status : guest of honor https://onemileatatime.com/guides/hyatt-guest-of-honor/
----
https://onemileatatime.com/guides/hyatt-guest-of-honor/
Thank you both for chiming in - certainly no apologies needed. I asked because I've received 2 drink vouchers/night/room for each room I've booked, and I'm wondering if it was gestures/not-caring of the hotels, or a favorable interpretation of the T&C.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Thank you both for chiming in - certainly no apologies needed. I asked because I've received 2 drink vouchers/night/room for each room I've booked, and I'm wondering if it was gestures/not-caring of the hotels, or a favorable interpretation of the T&C.
It was gesture or hotel staff ignorance of T&Cs. Either way, you were lucky for it to work in your favor as you desired. Just dont expect this amount of luck to be pressed at every property.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Hotels only have to give the full panoply of benefits to the member and their room. If they chose to give you extras for the room you aren;t occupying then thats down to them.

It's certainly not caring because it's the hotels who pay for the benefits.

I've benefitted from being given a couple of drinks vouchers in addition to breakfast on a couple of ocassions but that's because I stay at that particular hotel half dozen times of year.and it's not somethign I expect either their or any other hotel I stay in.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Mine are currently showing as €17.39 at my IC Barcelona stay. I've got a €150 spend on my account at the mo and it looks like I'll able to use these. Although I have the €85 lux life credit and €15 ambassador credit as well.
WHere is your account based?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
WHere is your account based?
I am UK based.
pbd456 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:41 pm

Any experiences if the suite upgrade award can be applied to a booking on the Ambassador BOGO rate?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
Originally Posted by ffgap
Any experiences if the suite upgrade award can be applied to a booking on the Ambassador BOGO rate?
No, I tried doing this couple of days ago and the agent told me that he's not able to apply the suite upgrade certificate. He also tried upgrading a reservation that I have in May but the system didn't let me stating that upgrades can only be done 14 days before the check-in date.
ffgap likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.