Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Quick update,

Mentioned the matter to the day receptionist upon checkout
And the lady day duty manager came out to greet me,

She mentioned that they were working on it in the backoffice and that it would take some more time to get it to work,
As i was in rush to get home because of a sudden family matter, i decided to let it rest for the moment.
She did mention they will get it up and running before my next visit, so let's hope that 2024 January will be off to good start.
jiunsoh likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
... let's hope that 2024 January will be off to good start.
Let's also hope that 2023 will be off to a good start.

(Or you're living at a very fast pace.)
Admiral Ackbar and HadesNL like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Charentedame
Not sure I’m posting in correct thread so please move if necessary. Just wanted to share my recent experiences. Diamond member.

Was hoping to reach 40 milestone on last stay - HI in Auz. Had 2 separate bookings. Four nights preferred partner discount followed by one night flexible rate. The points for all nights have posted under date of last night stay. The previous 4 nights have a separate entry saying 0 points for this stay. I have been credited with one night (last night) towards milestone award but nothing for previous 4. Is this correct? Does “preferred partner rate” ie rail card at least 20% discount not count?

I chose breakfast at amenity on check in. Not offered but I asked for it. Got to breakfast first morning and was told not listed. Had to wait until authorised. On check out I had been charged $30 for breakfast for every night!

Just checked into a CP. I was offered drinks voucher or points. I asked for free breakfast. Was told I could only have it for one night. “It’s like the drinks or points which you only get for first night.” I was then told that they would do me a great favour and let me have breakfast for second morning as I was travelling alone, as usually for one night there would be two people and two breakfasts so I could have the “extra” breakfast on my second morning! Will be interesting to see what happens!

Auz is where?

I've stayed in HI Manchester UK a few times since the benefit started on both cash and points stays without issue. Always been asked which benefit I wanted and given the vouchers to give the restaurent in the morning.

For Kimpton name was on the daily list. Was charged one breakfast in error which was quickly resolved.

The benefit is per night not once per stay and for you and one guest staying in the same room.

Re railcard rate - this past year I hace stayed in IC, KImpton and HI using the railcard rate and the correct nights and points have always posted.

A call to IHG should get that sorted out for you. Whilst on the call I'd mention the CP not offering you breakfast for every night. Unless IHG are told when hotels are not doign what they should they can't put hotels straight
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Auz is where?
Think he meant Straylia.
DonPedro likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by stimpy
Think he meant Straylia.
Or maybe I meant Oz as in Wizard of!

Last edited by Charentedame; Dec 7, 2022 at 2:06 pm Reason: Correction
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Quick update,

Mentioned the matter to the day receptionist upon checkout
And the lady day duty manager came out to greet me,

She mentioned that they were working on it in the backoffice and that it would take some more time to get it to work,
As i was in rush to get home because of a sudden family matter, i decided to let it rest for the moment.
She did mention they will get it up and running before my next visit, so let's hope that 2024 January will be off to good start.
Thanks for trying, IHG are clearly having problems getting this to work.
On a happier note I'm having no problems in Thailand with the free breakfast for 2 as the welcome amenity.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
That's even better news,
I believe most hotels are following the new rules

As even the Voco (actually touted as IHG's conversion brand with limited elite benefits recognition (cheaper for owner))
https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/06/12/...on-brand-voco/
has up untill today been actively offering me and other diamonds
-out of own free will-
at receotion at check in
the choice of complimentary breakfast
- no arm twisting / fobs / excuses / fake rules / limited breakfast choices -
so excellent adherent to IHG-rewards benefits for satisfying elites

@336 : about 2024
i lived hard in the 80s so its a bit of a mess concerning numbers in the old cranium...
Old Dec 16, 2022, 9:37 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
FYI just got this email about Food and bev rewards, main point is expiry is extended until 31/12/23 for those that selected it earlier in the year

As we near the end of 2022 we know you’re probably starting to look ahead to 2023 travel. With a new year comes new possibilities and that’s why we wanted to give you an update on how you can use Food & Beverage Rewards next year.

More time to use your reward
All Food & Beverage Rewards chosen in 2022 will have the expiration date extended through December 31, 2023. You will see the expiration date updated in your account in January.

Available in the US & Canada in early 2023
By March 2023 you’ll be able to begin to use your Food & Beverage Rewards at US and Canada Luxury, Lifestyle and Premium hotels. This includes InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo, voco, EVEN Hotels, and Crowne Plaza. Food & Beverage Rewards can be used for purchases applied to your guest room bill at hotel restaurants, in-room dining, minibar food & drink items and associated tax and gratuity charges.

We will keep you updated as Food & Beverage Rewards become available for use at more of your favorite hotels around the world throughout 2023.

We’re excited about Food & Beverage Rewards and we can’t wait for you to be able to experience them next year!
Old Dec 16, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Still not a definitive start date though.

'by March' is still a wooly airy fairy date.

There are huge swathes of IHG members who never set foot in the USA or Canada.who will have to wait even longer to use this long promised benedit.
kevino and HadesNL like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Yes I got the email too , I have two f&b awards waiting but not really worried one day this year I’ll order a slightly nicer bottle of wine from room service 😂
HadesNL likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:45 pm

I also got the email. It is a real pain that IHG is unable to activate these rewards.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:38 pm

Milestone rewards selection option disappeared?

I was supposed to be able to select 2 milestone rewards. One needed to be selected by 31 December and another by January next year. But when I logged in to the app now, the options to select the 2 milestone rewards have disappeared. Not sure whether something went wrong when they were configuring the F&B reward option?

Anyone else facing the same problem?

Thank you!
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:08 am

Lightbulb

Received the email too,
Shame & stupid of me that i forgot to ask at Kimpton London!

It would be helpful when these F&B vouchers work,
that members would post their published value ($20) in their local currency of their stayed hotel.

IE: example format:

IHG F&B $20 voucher on DEC 2022 = €19,31 value in The Netherlands | confirmed Voco The Hague)

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 17, 2022 at 2:18 am
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by wondrousnature
I was supposed to be able to select 2 milestone rewards. One needed to be selected by 31 December and another by January next year. But when I logged in to the app now, the options to select the 2 milestone rewards have disappeared. Not sure whether something went wrong when they were configuring the F&B reward option?

Anyone else facing the same problem?

Thank you!
Yep, me too.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by strickers
Yep, me too.
They are having problems again today.

Logged into use my lounge pass reward. Not showing. Log out of app and now can't log back in. Rang CS. Confirmed issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.