IHG Program Update March 2022

Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
So are they hoping we forgot about the F&B rewards? Almost 6 months in and nothing is something else!
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
I have a milestone reward to use at 40 nights...Im waiting now for when they are in the UK and working..
Originally Posted by rapidex
I now have 15 food and beverage rewards that I can't use and all with the clock ticking.I check semi-regularly with the hotels I am staying at, and no staff have heard anything from IHG regarding these rewards.
I presume given the fact that the year will be ending soon, that these rewards will not be available this year. Anybody have any information on what IHG's plans might be?
Originally Posted by strickers
29! Really getting beyond a joke now.
Originally Posted by 336
My gut tells me they will discontinue the benefit, before ever launching it.
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
IHG thanks you for choosing a worthless reward. You should be very hungry by the time they allow you are able to redeem them
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Same here
Originally Posted by ProjectSunburst
Agree. Patience. The $20 F&B coupon benefit requires a lot of back end syncing between property's PMS and IHG app, to then be able to apply coupon accordingly.
I chose F&B rewards for my 30 night milestone and I am staying at Crowne Plaza Providence right now.

I looked in the app yesterday and didn't see any reference to my F&B rewards, but I may have been looking in the wrong place on the app.

However, the F&B rewards do appear in my "rewards wallet" when using my laptop.

I had a $35.11 bar bill last night. Today I looked in my rewards wallet and it said my F&B rewards are "Coming Soon" but there was also a button for "redeem."

There was a message saying:

"Wait! We are currently testing Food & Beverage Rewards so it's not available for use at hotels quite yet.
Confirm your hotel and room so we know which room to apply your reward. If you do not see your current hotel and room on the list, then this hotel does not support this reward or you are not checked in. Remember, this reward must be redeemed before check-out."

There was then a drop down menu for which hotel stay I wanted to apply it at -- a July stay at an Indigo (for which I had no F&B spend) or this stay. Another recent stay at a Holiday Inn didn't show up in the drop down.

Anyway, I chose this stay and it showed my $35.11 bar bill and asked if I wanted to apply a $20 F&B reward. I clicked yes, and it said the $20 credit has been applied, and my bar bill is now $15.11.

So F&B credits are working, at least at some Indigos and Crowne Plazas.

I'll follow up if there is any problem with the credit being applied at check out.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
That's progress then.

Did the reward then get deducted from your rewards wallet account?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I have a dedicated phone number on my member page at IHG for diamond support, don't know what else you are expecting?

Where do you find this, on clicking diamond support I get the normal telephone number list
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
That's progress then.

Did the reward then get deducted from your rewards wallet account?
Yes.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:53 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Bad value in euro these f&b vouchers. US value is 25%higher
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:06 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by antuk
Where do you find this, on clicking diamond support I get the normal telephone number list
Indeed, that box does not show up any more when you click diamond support, it was there a few weeks ago. Typical, I will edit my original post
Old Oct 9, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by cln
Bad value in euro these f&b vouchers. US value is 25%higher
It's also bad value of course to use them on any F&B bill under $20, because you lose the whole credit when you redeem it.
cln likes this.

Last edited by jphripjah; Oct 11, 2022 at 10:56 am
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:59 am

As a further data point, it appears you can aggregate F&B charges and then take $20 off the total. I had a $15.11 F&B balance and then a $14.88 charge the next night and when I clicked on “redeem” it just showed my current balance of $29.99 and let me use a reward to take $20 off that.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by jphripjah
As a further data point, it appears you can aggregate F&B charges and then take $20 off the total. I had a $15.11 F&B balance and then a $14.88 charge the next night and when I clicked on “redeem” it just showed my current balance of $29.99 and let me use a reward to take $20 off that.
how is it shown in the app? any screenshot?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by charliechan51
how is it shown in the app? any screenshot?
I doin't know, I could only see it on my laptop.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:50 am

Do Diamonds get free breakfast on reward night booking? Tried searching but could find the answer
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:57 am

Yes, I have received free breakfast for two at IC Chicago and IC Toronto on points bookings.
meinnit likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Polythenepam
Yes, I have received free breakfast for two at IC Chicago and IC Toronto on points bookings.
Thanks for confirming. I couldn't find it documented anywhere. Maybe it's automatically assumed that all bookings get free breakfast whether it's cash or reward
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by meinnit
Thanks for confirming. I couldn't find it documented anywhere. Maybe it's automatically assumed that all bookings get free breakfast whether it's cash or reward
It’s a ‘welcome amenity’ choice which have always applied to points as well as cash stays.
meinnit likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:25 pm

Can the suite upgrade certificate be used when staying on an ambassador weekend rate? It is a paid rate, sort of.
meinnit likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.