Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Anyone who can't handle this really shouldn't be let out on their own. Besides in the scheme of IHG very few people have AMB so that's one less thing to worry about

Depending what benefits people achieve and when they select them they could have several dates for different benefits for lounge access, suite upgrades and also for F&B vouchers.

I'm on several airline and hotel and other reeard programmes and they all have different dates yet somehow I cope with managing them all and when I need to collect points by and when my status ends.
I'm on a long list of programs, too, but almost none of them have benefits expiring on two or three different dates each year.

And again I can't see any IHG statement that - other than a temporary one to extend to 28/2/23 - our status years will permanantly change so it ends on 28/2. My diamond went from 31/12/22 to 31/12/23 when I qualified for it earlier this year. If it was a permanant change then surely it would have shown 28/2/23 and then 28/2/24.
Why would that be temporary? What would be the point?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Schnit
Again I am sure most people who make 40 make it every year, and will probably chose lounge access every year, regardless of the expiration.

Those who do not usually make 40 every year probably do not stay often enough to enjoy a lounge.

How many people do you really thing make 40 one year, and then do not make 40 the next, but stay enough to enjoy lounge access? The number must be tiny
I suspect a pretty high percentage engage of 40+ night members are largely grinding it out in lounge-free HIXes for footprint reasons and might not find the lounge benefit that useful given the types of properties they usually stay at.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: VS Life Time Gold, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
I still cannot find where the end date for my current status, I have a date for the end of my Ambassador membership.

Where is the date shown?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
Again I am sure most people who make 40 make it every year, and will probably chose lounge access every year, regardless of the expiration.

Those who do not usually make 40 every year probably do not stay often enough to enjoy a lounge.

How many people do you really thing make 40 one year, and then do not make 40 the next, but stay enough to enjoy lounge access? The number must be tiny
I'm sure there are many people who took advantage of the status match this year. So what if they hit 40 nights in December, choose in January. Then in 2024 they will have lounge access without diamond status. There's no issue there, right?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I am an aberration I believe, I work in forestry so stay in a lot of small towns with HI/HIX but when I travel personally I stay at ICs wherever possible so it works out perfectly for me. I am sure I am an edge case however.
I must be an aberration then too, looks like I’m on for about 60 nights HI this year with work. Add that to about 20 nights of personal stay then I’m in quite a strong position. Quite a few of us in the same boat but when I mention milestone rewards and lounge access most of them look at me blankly and say they just take the points. I have a week in January at an IC, the free lounge access will save me loads because there aren’t any alternative restaurants in walking distance.
Admiral Ackbar and yurtripper like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by manymanymiles
I still cannot find where the end date for my current status, I have a date for the end of my Ambassador membership.

Where is the date shown?
You can see it when you check your profile on the net (below - French) or in the mobile app (no screenshot but double-checked )

Fred

Last edited by schlegfr; Sep 1, 2022 at 3:21 am Reason: small fix
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:06 pm

This is what mine shows:

Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:46 am

This is what mine shows:

Speechless
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:18 am

This is what mine shows:

That is what I see too
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Mine shows Diamond until 12/31/2023, BUT it did not show that until I passed 120,000 QP's. I only have 40 nights so far.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
Mine shows Diamond until 12/31/2023, BUT it did not show that until I passed 120,000 QP's. I only have 40 nights so far.
well 120k points is the threshold for Diamond and once you passed that then you get Diamond for the rest of this year and all of next year.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:04 pm

I realize I have gone over the $40,000 spend on my IHG credit card which should give me Diamond. I cannot see that referenced anywhere, I did get a random 'welcome to diamond' email a month or so ago but ignored it as it was during the various program changes.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards
I have a question, let say if I checked in to one hotel for example a holiday inn in the town and get diamond breakfast for 5 days, can I check in into another intercontinental for 1-2 day in the town at the same time and get the diamond breakfast also?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Your stays will be independent of one another and each hotel won't know about the other one. So personally I don't see an issue with you getting your breakfast as Diamond amenity at both.

However, when your stays post, the first one that comes through will post as qualifying (I assume you are paying a qualifying rate), while the stay that posts second will post as overlapping and may not earn the points as you expect. YMMV
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by demue
Your stays will be independent of one another and each hotel won't know about the other one. So personally I don't see an issue with you getting your breakfast as Diamond amenity at both.

However, when your stays post, the first one that comes through will post as qualifying (I assume you are paying a qualifying rate), while the stay that posts second will post as overlapping and may not earn the points as you expect. YMMV
you mean I can’t get point in second stay? I understand there is duplicated qualifying night but is that only applicable to number of night count?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.