Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I can second that !
Experience at the IC Parklane checking in early as RA, is being allocated a hospitality room (base cat) to use if the suite is not ready yet.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:40 pm

Checked into the Six Senses Uluwatu, Bali yesterday, and the welcome note specifically mentioned welcoming me as a Diamond member. I was somewhat surprised because I assumed Six Senses wouldn't recognise IHG tiers.

I don't know whether it was by virtue of being Diamond or just operational reasons, but I was also upgraded two categories from a Sky Suite (base level room) to the Cliff 1BR Villa, which was very appreciated. I don't think my corporate rate had any mention of including breakfast, but that also seems to be covered - again, not 100% sure whether it's a Diamond thing or not.

Edit: I just checked the Six Senses thread and it appears that at least some of these may be attributed to being Ambassador - not sure which between being Diamond or Ambassador matters more.

Last edited by stargold; Jul 12, 2022 at 11:45 pm
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Did anyone else get the VIP US Open experience invite? I'm not sure if it is part of the new program, or just because I have a New York address on my account, or what.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by stargold
I don't think my corporate rate had any mention of including breakfast, but that also seems to be covered - again, not 100% sure whether it's a Diamond thing or not.
Breakfast for 2 is an Ambassador benefit when staying at Six Senses. See https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions, clause 42(a):
Complimentary Breakfast for two in the main restaurant per day. Benefit not applicable at Six Senses Residences.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:24 am

Diamond Breakfast

Haven't been following this thread lately, but am now testing out my Diamond benefits. Has been hilarious watching the desk agent ask with a straight face (and I paraphrase), "Would you like points worth about $3, a free drink worth about $8, or breakfast for two people which at $27/person is worth $216 over your 4 night stay?"
Seems like it would be less awkward for the desk agents if they just made the benefit free breakfast w/o the choice.
YUL, ernestnywang and cln like this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
Haven't been following this thread lately, but am now testing out my Diamond benefits. Has been hilarious watching the desk agent ask with a straight face (and I paraphrase), "Would you like points worth about $3, a free drink worth about $8, or breakfast for two people which at $27/person is worth $216 over your 4 night stay?"
Seems like it would be less awkward for the desk agents if they just made the benefit free breakfast w/o the choice.
I think so, although it some people (like me) may not able to take breakfast as need to work at breakfast period……
better if IHG can provide both to drink/point + breakfast to diamond customer
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Has anyone renewed their Ambassador status recently? I'm Diamond Elite and wondering if I renew my AMB it will also give me another year of Diamond. Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:21 am

I think a lot of people travelling on business tend to book rates that include breakfast under the travel policy, so they will need a different option to select.

I agree that breakfast is absolutely the default choice for the majority of people, but I'd imagine that it will be a difficult sell to the property owners to offer something that's equivalent in value instead of breakfast.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Interesting, I didnt realise it was an OR - on my last stay I got breakfast and points without being given any options they just did both
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by our_kid
Has anyone renewed their Ambassador status recently? I'm Diamond Elite and wondering if I renew my AMB it will also give me another year of Diamond. Thanks!
Worked for me recently
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Worked for me recently
Just to double check: 'renew' here means signing up for another year of AMB before the expiry date? Or was it done after expiry (eg lapsed and then rejoined)?

Because it seems that signing up (as new or lapsed member) is the case that does not always work for status extension, whereas DPs suggest that renewal (before expiry) is safe.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Just to double check: 'renew' here means signing up for another year of AMB before the expiry date? Or was it done after expiry (eg lapsed and then rejoined)?
The first one. The second one isn't really "renewing."
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:20 am

I bet many people traveling with a corporate card will take the $3 option. If you company will pay for your breakfast, you are better off with the points and let your company pay for the breakfast.

Hilton always has a double points rate, which costs more than just buying the points, the same situation would result in someone choosing that rate. If your company will cover up to $250 for the hotel, and its $200 with regular points and $225 for double points, people are willing to let their company eat the double points.

I do not travel for work so this is not what I do, just saying I know many people will do this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:32 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
That made my day xD 😆 cool fd agent
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
When I checked in recently with a club floor booking I got asked similar question. As Diamond RA I had breakfast wherever I wanted and free drinks in Club so points was only option lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.