FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG Program Update March 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2065906-ihg-program-update-march-2022-a.html)

Keefy-boy Jun 25, 2022 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Smythmeister (Post 34368543)
Another data point for diamond treatment.

Holiday Inn London Shepperton. Rewards night. 2 adults 1 child. Welcome points posted automatically about 4am the day of arrival.

Free breakfast offered without prompting but was told it only applied to me and nobody else in the room, despite the official IHG voucher you now get for this clearly stating it's for the member plus one guest - which was handed to me as I was told it only for 1. However, she said she'd grant it for the two of us (child free anyway and in HI as 10 years old) just this once.

That's two holiday inns, one crowne plaza and a kimpton in the UK all honouring the new benefit, albeit it with some odd interpretations of very clear rules on it.

I'm very pleased with the new diamond benefits and think these odd interpretations of the breakfast will iron itself out as staff become more used it.

​​​​

Im in the same place too tonight, also on rewards night. No room upgrade but to be fair they are full. Was asked if wanted points or amenity choice, like you, welcome amenity points already posted earlier. Asked for Diamond breakfast for 2 and got it with no argument but I got the impression they weren’t going to go out of their way to mention it but no real complaint.

**update We had been told when checking in that breakfast ended at 10.00 so got up earlier than we we would have, only to find it ended at 11.00. The breakfast greeter was the most unsmiley person ever, looked totally miserable, and people had to wait whilst tables were cleared to get in. Breakfast buffet not over nice.

iwillflytheworld Jun 25, 2022 10:52 pm

Crowne Plaza Budapest: upgraded to junior suite (booked standard room) but without club access, breakfast was included in rate but was told it was available as a diamond benefit. I was told that before the recent changes they were offering club access to diamonds.

Holiday Inn Salzburg: no upgrade, was offered free breakfast, a few hiccups with implementation but no problem in the end. This hotels feels more like an old HIE.

Holiday Inn Nuremberg: upgraded to great renovated one-bedroom suite, offered breakfast at check-in and also got points, one of the better HI I've stayed at.

In all cases breakfast was offered for two people without having to ask.

charliechan51 Jun 26, 2022 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld (Post 34369814)
Crowne Plaza Budapest: upgraded to junior suite (booked standard room) but without club access, breakfast was included in rate but was told it was available as a diamond benefit. I was told that before the recent changes they were offering club access to diamonds.

Holiday Inn Salzburg: no upgrade, was offered free breakfast, a few hiccups with implementation but no problem in the end. This hotels feels more like an old HIE.

Holiday Inn Nuremberg: upgraded to great renovated one-bedroom suite, offered breakfast at check-in and also got points, one of the better HI I've stayed at.

In all cases breakfast was offered for two people without having to ask.

Are you staying in cash stay or point stay?

iwillflytheworld Jun 28, 2022 4:20 am

Originally Posted by charliechan51 (Post 34371790)
Are you staying in cash stay or point stay?

Budapest and Salzburg were cash, Nuremberg a mix of cash and points.

Keefy-boy Jun 28, 2022 4:37 am

Bit annoyed, I've a 3 day stay at CP Marlow UK this week, booked a non-refundable breakfast inclusive rate almost a year ago not foreseeing that we could have had free breakfasts!

SearsTower Jun 28, 2022 7:13 am

Currently staying at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco in Chicago. Given a coupon for breakfast for 2 each day. As I am eating, I asked for a bill so I could charge a tip to my room. The server indicated a tip was already included. I asked if it was a decent tip and he indicated he felt so. Glad to hear IHG thought of this.

cln Jun 28, 2022 8:20 am

Originally Posted by SearsTower (Post 34376888)
Currently staying at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco in Chicago. Given a coupon for breakfast for 2 each day. As I am eating, I asked for a bill so I could charge a tip to my room. The server indicated a tip was already included. I asked if it was a decent tip and he indicated he felt so. Glad to hear IHG thought of this.

Impressed by the honesty of the server

lwildernorva Jun 28, 2022 8:31 am

Kimpton Palomar in Philadelphia also honored the free breakfast for two on my stay from June 24 to June 26. Coupons received indicated tip was included. Two breakfasts for two were $90 total and were quite good. Even had I gone to the bagel shop a couple of blocks away, I would have probably spent close to $30 for the two breakfasts.

Lionheart Jun 28, 2022 4:45 pm

Can I just clarify a stupid question?

Is it fully expected that Holiday Inns within Europe provide Breakfast to Diamond Elite on Reward Stays specifically? Or is this at their discretion? I just don't want to push the point if I am not actually entitled to it ! Thanks

charliechan51 Jun 28, 2022 4:47 pm

Is that point stay also getting free breakfast for Diamond Elite?

ernestnywang Jun 28, 2022 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Lionheart (Post 34378688)
Can I just clarify a stupid question?

Is it fully expected that Holiday Inns within Europe provide Breakfast to Diamond Elite on Reward Stays specifically? Or is this at their discretion? I just don't want to push the point if I am not actually entitled to it ! Thanks

Originally Posted by charliechan51 (Post 34378694)
Is that point stay also getting free breakfast for Diamond Elite?

It is one of the welcome amenity options, including reward stays.

JapanFlyerT Jun 28, 2022 7:16 pm

ANA Crowne Plaza Matsuyama.
Arrived at 11:30 expecting to just drop my bag. They said fine, and then said the room was ready and I could check in then, which was nice.
Got a few "thank you for being Platinum" mentions. Checkout 2pm was offered. Choice of 600 points or drink coupon good for house wine, beer, nonalcohol. Cocktails for Diamonds ONLY. The bar was closed until July 1st, so I was told to use it in the restaurants or lobby lounge. That night I tried to use it at 9:35pm at one of the restaurants and they said they had already called last order at 9:30. Ended up with a beer the next day in the lobby after checking out.

They didn't mention an upgrade, but when I asked they said they had already given me one. I had booked a single room for ¥6,000 and they gave me double corner room that goes for about ¥9,000. Paid full price ¥2,400 for breakfast. It was okay, but nowhere near Marriott level (which is over ¥3,000).

FlyinHawaiian Jun 28, 2022 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva (Post 34377150)
Kimpton Palomar in Philadelphia also honored the free breakfast for two on my stay from June 24 to June 26.

We were there at the same time - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34373126-post33.html

Did you remember to use the secret password?

retirementdreams Jun 28, 2022 8:20 pm

Intercontinental, Madrid

I stayed right after the new program kicked in--it was an award night. at checkin, I was told that breakfast was not included, I said nicely: with the changes I am not sure. The response was: actually I am not sure either, after a short conversation (in Spanish of course)...she said you get your choice of drink, points or breakfast.
The hotel is older but very well maintained, and they have a nice central courtyard dining area.

retirementdreams Jun 28, 2022 8:33 pm

question about award nights...

I cant find the info: are they considered qualifying nights for status?