IHG Program Update March 2022

Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by jlcchien
Sindhorn Midtown Hotel in Bangkok refused to give diamond member free breakfast.
Unfortunate, but they might have a point. The T&C (https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page) says,
Diamond Elite Members’ Welcome Amenity choice also includes Free Breakfast at full-service and select-service brands (REGENT, InterContinental, Hualuxe, Hotel Indigo, voco, Crowne Plaza, Even, Holiday Inn, and Kimpton)
I'm sure they are a full-service hotel, but IHG does not define it as a full-service brand.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:36 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Unfortunate, but they might have a point. The T&C (https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page) says,

I'm sure they are a full-service hotel, but IHG does not define it as a full-service brand.
Also, if you try to access the property page from IHG.com the following message is presented before you are redirected:

"We’re excited to share a new IHG experience with you.We have welcomed this new property into our extended IHG® family. Take a look (and book) for yourself.

Please note that this property may not yet be included in the IHG® One Rewards program."
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA / IHG / Hilton / Hertz / Avis
Sindhorn Midtown Hotel in Bangkok refused to give diamond member free breakfast.
IHG webpage says 'Please note that this property may not yet be included in the IHG® One Rewards programme.'
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by boekel
nope it will be the year you achieve the threshold plus the following year. You don't win anything waiting for Jan 23
What is your basis for saying this?
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Irishash
IHG webpage says 'Please note that this property may not yet be included in the IHG® One Rewards programme.'

This hotel is in the Vignette Collection. I got points and stay credit. They frankly refused to give me breakfast. They just gave me 500 points as the welcome amenity.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This hotel is in the Vignette Collection. I got points and stay credit. They frankly refused to give me breakfast. They just gave me 500 points as the welcome amenity.
If you re-read what ernestnywang posted in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34342305-post750.html , Vignette is not included in T&C.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
My second stay since Diamond benefits officially went live. Fiest at a Holiday Inn in Swindon got me breakfast free. Two nights in Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre (UK) coming up this weekend. TripAdvisor reviews speak of club access for Spire members so let's see what happens.

It was a toss up between this and the Kimpton which I've stayed at a few times before. Hopefully it's a good experience.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I just made a booking on my phone for advance purchase night , I got message that payment failed . Did it twice more and third time ok given . Surprise surprise I now have three reservations 🙈
Called IHG and was told they would cancel the other two but so far they still show . I’ll wait until morning and see if they go away or back on the phone ( at least they answer within two rings)
So if you get similar be careful!
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
My second stay since Diamond benefits officially went live. Fiest at a Holiday Inn in Swindon got me breakfast free. Two nights in Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre (UK) coming up this weekend. TripAdvisor reviews speak of club access for Spire members so let's see what happens.

It was a toss up between this and the Kimpton which I've stayed at a few times before. Hopefully it's a good experience.
Well, easily one of the best Crowne Plaza welcomes I've had. Two nights on points, upgrade to club room, club access, free breakfast voucher for main restaurant for both nights for 2 adults, late checkout and 10% off all other F and B.

Very keen to tell me about the diamond changes and how it's about time diamond members were properly rewarded for loyalty.

Very impressed.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
First stay as Diamond, Hotel Indigo, Bath, UK. Rewards night but upgraded to a superb room and free breakfasts in their very nice restaurant/dining room. Couldn’t be more impressed, it is a lovely hotel.
demue likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
First stay as Diamond, Hotel Indigo, Bath, UK. Rewards night but upgraded to a superb room and free breakfasts in their very nice restaurant/dining room. Couldn’t be more impressed, it is a lovely hotel.
Thanks for that report. I had a reservation there but Covid intervened. Do you have any idea what benefits Platinum would get? (I was surprised to get a complimentary breakfast at a Holiday Inn by virtue of Platinum status, and I wonder if I misunderstood the benefit.)
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:58 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I find it a bit cheeky that even though the food and beverage milestone awards are not implemented yet, they expire 1 year after selection. They could at least make them last one year, the expiration could be set once it is implemented.
cln likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by serpens
Thanks for that report. I had a reservation there but Covid intervened. Do you have any idea what benefits Platinum would get? (I was surprised to get a complimentary breakfast at a Holiday Inn by virtue of Platinum status, and I wonder if I misunderstood the benefit.)
I don't know the answer to that but they seemed keen enough to please so if not too busy Platinum status may be well looked after. Prior to current changes I've had the odd free breakfast in an HI if the check in person was nice.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:33 am

Another data point for diamond treatment.

Holiday Inn London Shepperton. Rewards night. 2 adults 1 child. Welcome points posted automatically about 4am the day of arrival.

Free breakfast offered without prompting but was told it only applied to me and nobody else in the room, despite the official IHG voucher you now get for this clearly stating it's for the member plus one guest - which was handed to me as I was told it only for 1. However, she said she'd grant it for the two of us (child free anyway and in HI as 10 years old) just this once.

That's two holiday inns, one crowne plaza and a kimpton in the UK all honouring the new benefit, albeit it with some odd interpretations of very clear rules on it.

I'm very pleased with the new diamond benefits and think these odd interpretations of the breakfast will iron itself out as staff become more used it.

​​​​
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
InterContinental Residence Suites Dubai FC does not honor the breakfast benefit for Diamond members. I contacted the property in advance and escalated this with the Ambassador team to no resolution. I simply gave up and will move my reservation to somewhere else (will be staying 20+ nights).

"Diamond Elite Members’ Welcome Amenity choice also includes Free Breakfast at full-service and select-service brands (REGENT, InterContinental, Hualuxe, Hotel Indigo, voco, Crowne Plaza, Even, Holiday Inn, and Kimpton)"

"Complimentary breakfast is available at all properties other than select service and limited-service brands that already offer breakfast, and at Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, select Kimpton properties, InterContinental Alliance Resorts (Las Vegas and Macau), and Mr. and Mrs. Smith properties."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.