Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:51 am

They don't want to ruin the surprise.

We are unable to share with you the exact date, because it will be our surprise. But I can tell you that it is soon. It may start within the next 4-5 days from now, so keep an eye out for our official announcement.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by 336
... talk about tone-deafness...
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by stimpy
If you read the updated T's and C's, as I did just now, the word "breakfast" does not appear. I assume that means it is not yet an IHG benefit as of today.
You have to go here: https://www.ihg.com/content/ihg/hote.../2nd-page.html

Old or new benefits are only listed here, not in the T&C themselves, but this page is referenced in the T&C. It can be regarded as an annex of the T&C.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 336

Quote:
We are unable to share with you the exact date, because it will be our surprise. But I can tell you that it is soon. It may start within the next 4-5 days from now, so keep an eye out for our official announcement.
I'm not sure playful cuteness is a sensible tone to aim for in replying to enquiries.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by 336
Yeah, this is obviously them struggling to get the owners to play ball, similar to how the couldn't get any extra Spire benefits. Imo, they made a bit of a power play with the Diamond announcement - unlike Spire which they were vague about - but left themselves with a bit of a leeway in regards to the date of implementation as they knew they'll have a fight on their hands. Wouldn't surprise me if the benefits announced for Diamond were pretty much what was initially intended for Spire but they re-packaged it to try and get it through by letting members know what they can actually expect.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
You have to go here: https://www.ihg.com/content/ihg/hote.../2nd-page.html

Old or new benefits are only listed here, not in the T&C themselves, but this page is referenced in the T&C. It can be regarded as an annex of the T&C.
A legal minded person would tell you that your page is only marketing. The only source of truth are the T's and C's. And the T's and C's do not reference that page as an annex. I expect the T's and C's will be updated once the program is officially active. Or at least that is the way a normal business would operate.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:21 pm

A legal minded person would tell you that your page is only marketing. The only source of truth are the T's and C's. And the T's and C's do not reference that page as an annex. I expect the T's and C's will be updated once the program is officially active. Or at least that is the way a normal business would operate.
I find your comment insulting.

Sure, the word "Annex" does not appear on the page, but the URL itself says it is the 2nd page of the T&C (https://www.ihg.com/content/ihg/hote.../2nd-page.html).

The T&C page itself (https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...care/member-tc) referenced this page on Article 47 of the old rule:
As a Member of the Program, you may be entitled to special services and benefits at IHG hotels. Benefits and services may change from time to time and may vary by hotel, country, and geographical region. Click here for more information and to view the benefits chart. Most benefits, including Member-exclusive rates, are available only for Members who book their hotel reservations through IHG’s websites (including mobile sites), the IHG app, IHG’s central reservations office, or at an IHG hotel’s front desk. Member-exclusive rates are not available at Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas.
and Article 26 of the new rule

Member Benefits: As a Member of the Program, you may be entitled to special services and benefits at IHG hotels. Benefits and services may change from time to time and may vary by hotel, country, and geographical region. Click here for more information and to view the benefits chart. Most benefits are only available to Members who book their hotel reservations through IHG’s websites (including mobile sites), the IHG App, IHG WeChat mini program, IHG Customer Care, or directly with an IHG branded hotel.
Your legal mind is different than mine. I do not see how the 2nd page would not be construed similarly to an annex of the T&C.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I find your comment insulting.
If legal interpretation and judgements are insulting to you, then prepare for a lot of insults in your life. The law is the law, per the jurisdiction you are engaged in. There is a reason T's and C's exist.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:18 pm

If legal interpretation and judgements are insulting to you, then prepare for a lot of insults in your life. The law is the law, per the jurisdiction you are engaged in. There is a reason T's and C's exist.
I believe I have provided sufficient justification. You provided no reason why your interpretation and judgements prevail. You cannot say your mind is the legal mind, and mine not.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:19 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
In any case, the T&Cs only matter so long as IHG is willing to enforce them against individual properties. So let’s see how this rollout continues this month.
336 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:34 pm

I would respectfully request the T&C conversation(s) between users go to private messages please. They seem to be getting tense, are getting off topic and really providing no value to most of us.

TD
ARR72, strickers, Akoz and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 336
Good question.
But they did: "early this June 2022."
Is that the Christian calendar or the Islamic calendar?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:49 am

As a data point - at Hotel Indigo Warsaw this weekend just gone, breakfast offered for whole stay as one of the Diamond amenity options at check-in without me having to ask at all. Decent upgrade too. Good experience overall.

Main negative, as so often the case, is no bill received by email despite asking. Was charged the correct rate anyhow.

ETA: To answer @Keefy-boy 's query below, this was a cash stay. However my guess is the amenity offer at least would have been the same on points.
Keefy-boy and yurtripper like this.

Last edited by Ldnn1; Jun 8, 2022 at 1:01 pm
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:12 am

From my email communication with the hotels regarding breakfast for Diamonds:
Intercontiental Danang Sun Peninsula: already in effect
Intercontiental Hanoi Westlake: 06/08
Intercontiental Nha Trang: 06/08
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: ICH Platinum Royal Ambassador Member, SPG Gold, Honnors Silver, Delta
Stayed at Holiday Inn wall street NYC on 6-1 to 6-2. Absolutely no diamond benefits offered. I finally asked about an upgrade and the women at the desk said oh you want an upgrade? and then gave me a room on a higher floor🤣. When I asked about the welcome amenity or the breakfast she said no we don't do that, and when I pushed she seemed to be ignorant about the whole thing. In the morning I asked the front desk again about breakfast and the guy said no we don't have free breakfast you should of stayed a the HI express they have free breakfast? Total lack of any courtesy. After getting home I called the Diamond support line, that's another whole joke. They make you enter you IHG # and then text you a code, which I never got. Took forever but I finally got a live person in reservations to answer, and she listened and transferred me to Guest relations, where we started all over again. After which she open a case, that she claimed would get upper management involved and said I'd definitely here from the hotel with resolution within 48 hours, Still not heard anything 4 days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.