Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I heard July from the front desk at a recent Kimpton stay. It will happen whenever it happens.
I wouldnt trust a FD agent with telling me the time of day, let alone a concrete timeframe for a major loyalty prgram implementation
Old May 24, 2022, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has IHG published an official date in "early June" when the new benefits will begin?

-FlyerBeek

At some hotels things are already up and running
Old May 24, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has IHG published an official date in "early June" when the new benefits will begin?

-FlyerBeek
I heard June 6 but can't remember where!
Old May 24, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I heard June 6 but can't remember where!
I read the exact same date on a blog (can't remember which one), but I cannot find anything official from IHG posted anywhere.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 25, 2022, 7:54 am

It's classic IHG - leave it an open question as to when the benefits start in earnest (a bit like how they leave so much open to interpretation for upgrades etc)
Old May 25, 2022, 8:22 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
Originally Posted by Moh20
Clause 32 says Members will not earn Points and/or enjoy Member benefits during

clause 51 confirms that award stays are eligible for benefits

From my understanding reward stays are not qualified to earn points however they're eligible for benefits.
To be honest, it's already frustrating that cash and points stays do not get points on the cash component...
Old May 25, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Cyberhacker
To be honest, it's already frustrating that cash and points stays do not get points on the cash component...
I have the same complaint about Marriott, but sometimes it does actually give me points. No idea what causes them to post sometimes
Old May 25, 2022, 12:22 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by yurtripper
It's classic IHG - leave it an open question as to when the benefits start in earnest (a bit like how they leave so much open to interpretation for upgrades etc)
To be fair, upgrades at every chain (Accor for sure, others are pretty much the same from memory) are open to interpretation by the property, especially for suites
Old May 26, 2022, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
That’s because the cash component buys you the rest of the points you need for the redemption.
Old May 26, 2022, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
To be fair, upgrades at every chain (Accor for sure, others are pretty much the same from memory) are open to interpretation by the property, especially for suites
The biggest problem with IHG though - which made them stand out from the others (don't know about Accor) - is that the T&Cs gave them a lot of leeway in principle to deny benefits for reward stays (and these benefits were weak anyway). Properties often honoured rewards stays with similar treatment as cash bookings, but if they wanted to play hardball they had plenty of leg room to work with.
Old May 26, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I was at the Kimpton De Witt last week and was told start of June.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:46 pm

Because youre not really paying cash to the property, youre buying the balance of points needed.
ARR72 likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
I'm staying at the Indigo Helsinki June 3-5. Asked if the breakfast benefit will be active by then and was told it starts June 8.
ARR72 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
I'm staying at the Indigo Helsinki June 3-5. Asked if the breakfast benefit will be active by then and was told it starts June 8.
It seems to vary by hotel, I stayed in one two weeks ago and they gave me free breakfast for being diamond
Old May 31, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by antuk
It seems to vary by hotel, I stayed in one two weeks ago and they gave me free breakfast for being diamond
Yeah, I have stayed in two places since mid-May. One gave breakfast and the other did not. Appeared to me that some hotels are not keen at all on the new policy. Hopefully, IHG pin them down and don't allow them to go rogue as otherwise the benefit will quickly be useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.