Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by louisc
If I just canceled my old legacy/discontinued IHG rewards club chase card yesterday, when should I be able to apply for the IHG Premier card? T&C says I just cant have an active IHG card.
Wait 30 days, per mia . The Chase systems need time to reflect the cancellation, in part because there’s a grace period (where you can un-cancel a recently closed card) that needs to have ended.

(Since Chase stopped offering the Select card, which I assume you’re describing, over 4 years ago, I assume it has been > 24 months since your last IHG personal card bonus. Or did you earn a Traveler or Premier bonus in the last two years?)
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by beltway
Wait 30 days, per mia . The Chase systems need time to reflect the cancellation, ...
Unless something has changed over the past year, as long as the closed card's balance has been paid to $0, one should be able to apply for the new card after no more than two or three business days.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:50 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Has anyone had a stay since the new tiers took effect?

I had a rewards stay last weekend and when my points for incidental dining charges posted, I only received the base points (no elite bonus points), which seems odd. That definitely wasn't the case in the past.

It's too few points for me to spend time following up with IHG on, but I'm curious what other people's experiences have been over the past two weeks?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:11 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by dw

I had a rewards stay last weekend and when my points for incidental dining charges posted, I only received the base points (no elite bonus points), which seems odd. That definitely wasn't the case in the past.

It's too few points for me to spend time following up with IHG on, but I'm curious what other people's experiences have been over the past two weeks?
I have had two stays over Easter (Crowne Plaza Frankfurt Congress and Holiday Inn Express Karlsruhe). Both were paid stays and incidentals on the CP posted correct. However I have no idea how the base points for the HIX were calculated.
dw likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Unless something has changed over the past year, as long as the closed card's balance has been paid to $0, one should be able to apply for the new card after no more than two or three business days.
I'm relaying the advice of a respected FT veteran who moderates several (all?) of the major CC forums here. My own advice, including recently, has been to wait at least a week or two, but I take mia's comments very seriously. You may follow this recommendation or not, as you see fit.
Originally Posted by mia
I believe there is a period of time during which a recently closed account can be reopened. An application submitted during that period is likely to be rejected as a duplicate of an existing card. I do not know if the period is the same for personal and Business cards, but in the context of personal cards the typical advice is to wait 4 days if downgrading, or 30 days if cancelling.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
I'm relaying the advice of a respected FT veteran who moderates several (all?) of the major CC forums here. My own advice, including recently, has been to wait at least a week or two, but I take mia's comments very seriously. You may follow this recommendation or not, as you see fit.
The thread for the Hyatt card, for example, is full of people paying to $0, canceling, and applying for a new one within a matter of days.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:36 pm

The thread for the Hyatt card, for example, is full of people paying to $0, canceling, and applying for a new one within a matter of days.
I’m tempted to say that anyone churning the Hyatt card is comically lacking in cluefulness, but I won’t.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:38 pm

I’m tempted to say that anyone churning the Hyatt card is comically lacking in cluefulness, but I won’t.
We're getting way off-topic, but canceling the old Hyatt card and getting the new one is no different than the OP's situation with the IHG cards.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by dw

Mine was posted correctly. I'm Spire RA and have been changed to Diamond RA.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by macs4us
Update - emailed and they replied that status requirements were met in time, so status is extended to the end of next year (does not reflect in app or on website, but I have it in writing now). After confirmation I emailed about the 25k bonus for qualifying under the old program and they have added those points to my account. Was already Spire Elite/Inner Circle, so it really doesn't matter to me if it is not reflecting online right now.
same for me now, they confirmed that I met reduced status requirement before 12.04. and that status is till end 2023.

what are the 25.000 points for?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Asiaflyer82
same for me now, they confirmed that I met reduced status requirement before 12.04. and that status is till end 2023.

what are the 25.000 points for?
The 25,000 points are awarded for achieving Spire. This benefit is removed under the new scheme but was still valid under the old scheme, i.e. until 12 April 22. I did have to ask for them but they did give them to me.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
That's what I thought, too, but everyone keeps talking about having either 12/31/22 or 12/31/23 expiration dates in their accounts.
my card (Diamond) expires end December 2022 … before the start of this new program, my card (spire élite) expired end February 2023
Old May 4, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
About the confirmable suite night upgrade, the 5 nights must be inside just 1 reservation or it can be applied to 2-3 reservations for consecutive nights (for e.g 2+1+2) ?
Old May 23, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Has IHG published an official date in "early June" when the new benefits will begin?

-FlyerBeek
Old May 23, 2022, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has IHG published an official date in "early June" when the new benefits will begin?
I heard July from the front desk at a recent Kimpton stay. It will happen whenever it happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.