Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
[...]
+ 2X pts on gas stns, grocery stores, rstrnts xxx
+ 5X pts on gas stations, dining xxx
+ 1 Point per $1 earned on purchases xxx
+ 3X pts on all other purchases xxxx
[...]
There seems to be some contradictory redundancy there. It seems to say that gas stations get 2x and 5x points, and that $1 earns 1 point but there are 3x points on all other purchases. Is this some transition issue where some purchases earn at one rate and similar purchases earn at a different rate later in the billing cycle?
Old Apr 13, 22, 1:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Spire Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
100%. Guaranteed 4pm checkout is worth far more than any free breakfast or lounge access to me and is why Marriott gets almost all of my stays. These changes overall are very positive but Im still no more likely to stay at non-IC hotels where I still probably have to fight just to get a 2pm check out unless I know Ill be leaving early.
Whereas having a decent breakfast is a great benefit.

Considering it can be a fairly substantial meal to set you up for the day.

Whereas I am unlikely to stay much beyond midday in any hotel.

I guess the only benefit might be if I have an evening flight - but then I would rather be relaxing in the airport lounge with a drink or two than sitting in a room.
js1993 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 22, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; IHG Diamond Amb
My company has negotiated corporate rates with IHG, which includes free breakfast in the room rate. I wonder how many times Ill have to discuss with the front desk that I should get free breakfast and can choose points at check in, haha.
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
When has 4pm been the standard for late checkout other than if you have AMB at an IC or Inner Circle at a Kimpton?

I've only ever been offered 2PM at Kimptons / HIs and CPs as a Spire
tom tulpe, mster and js1993 like this.
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by js1993 View Post
That looks like a potential loophole that will be closed quickly, if it's a loophole at all. One would assume the triggering stay date will be the benefit's effective date, not the selection date. No way IHG wants to give away two years of lounge access, and no way IHG wants people delaying stays until Q4 to pass certain milestones.
I get what you're saying but backdating milestone benefit expiration to whatever qualifying stay put you over said milestone threshold (rather than benefit selection date as per terms for multiple milestone benefits) would clearly go against the terms as well as being completely outside of anything that IHG IT could even aspire to be capable of. This seems like a loophole, but the only way for them to effectively close it would be to enforce benefit selection during the calendar year the benefit was earned... which would have a similarly problematic effect of resulting in a much smaller (or nearly nonexistent) benefit selection window for all milestone benefit tiers crossed during Q4.

The terms are extremely clear and I don't see a way for this annual lounge access "loophole" (if it actually is one) to be closed without significant changes to the new program structure prior to June 2022 milestone rewards launch?
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by mster View Post
I get what you're saying but backdating milestone benefit expiration to whatever qualifying stay put you over said milestone threshold (rather than benefit selection date as per terms for multiple milestone benefits) would clearly go against the terms as well as being completely outside of anything that IHG IT could even aspire to be capable of. This seems like a loophole, but the only way for them to effectively close it would be to enforce benefit selection during the calendar year the benefit was earned... which would have a similarly problematic effect of resulting in a much smaller (or nearly nonexistent) benefit selection window for all milestone benefit tiers crossed during Q4.

The terms are extremely clear and I don't see a way for this annual lounge access "loophole" (if it actually is one) to be closed without significant changes to the new program structure prior to June 2022 milestone rewards launch?
It seems like a two-minute programming job to have a Milestone Reward earned in Year X expire at end of Year Y.

E.g., a person crosses 40 nights on Oct. 10, and a selection of possible rewards immediately shows up in their account with the applicable expiration dates:

"Free Lounge Access (expires 12/31/23)"
"10,000 points"
etc.
mster likes this.
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:44 pm

It seems like a two-minute programming job to have a Milestone Reward earned in Year X expire at end of Year Y.

E.g., a person crosses 40 nights on Oct. 10, and a selection of possible rewards immediately shows up in their account with the applicable expiration dates:

"Free Lounge Access (expires 12/31/23)"
"10,000 points"
etc.
So they'd need to code this milestone benefit differently than the others and update their terms to reflect the change. Definitely not impossible.
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
So they'd need to code this milestone benefit differently than the others and update their terms to reflect the change. Definitely not impossible.
Which of the others are year-long benefits rather than single-time or limited-use? Which part of the terms would obligate IHG to give people two full years for free? I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:50 pm

-----
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:52 pm

Which of the others are year-long benefits rather than single-time or limited-use? Which part of the terms would obligate IHG to give people two full years for free? I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
I quoted the terms in my original post:​​​​​​

"Once Annual Lounge Membership is chosen it will be valid to the end of the year plus an additional 12 months (E.g., Annual Lounge Membership Milestone choice selected June 2022 will be valid until December 31, 2023)"

Should = Annual Lounge Membership Milestone choice selected January 2023 will be valid until December 31, 2024
Old Apr 13, 22, 2:56 pm
Suspended

I quoted the terms in my original post:​​​​​​

"Once Annual Lounge Membership is chosen it will be valid to the end of the year plus an additional 12 months (E.g., Annual Lounge Membership Milestone choice selected June 2022 will be valid until December 31, 2023)"

Should = Annual Lounge Membership Milestone choice selected January 2023 will be valid until December 31, 2024
Thanks. That's obviously not the intent, for the reasons I mentioned above. It would be doubly self-defeating for IHG. I expect the expiration dates will be attached at the time of eligibility.
mster likes this.
Old Apr 13, 22, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by serpens View Post
There seems to be some contradictory redundancy there. It seems to say that gas stations get 2x and 5x points, and that $1 earns 1 point but there are 3x points on all other purchases. Is this some transition issue where some purchases earn at one rate and similar purchases earn at a different rate later in the billing cycle?
I guess it must be transitory. Next month's bill will probably look different. But at least some of the points earning has increased.
Old Apr 13, 22, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AS 75k, Kimpton Inner Circle, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, Loews Gold, LQ Gold
Qualified at reduced qualifying points (55k) Spire Elite on 4/9/22, and tracking status circle was full. Now it is completely empty in app, and partial online... 🤦🏻‍♀️__PRESENT
mster likes this.
Old Apr 13, 22, 9:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
I guess it must be transitory. Next month's bill will probably look different. But at least some of the points earning has increased.
I received a similar credit card statement and sent a question to IHG and realized that I should have read the updated T&Cs!

I would like to give you an update regarding the qualifying points that you were inquiring about related to your IHG Premier credit card. Again, I'm sorry if some of the points that you received on 06 April 2022 were not qualifying. I'd like to share that effective March 24, 2022, points earned on purchases made with IHG Premier and Traveler cards are Non-Qualifying points and are not Elite Status qualifying. The 2,672 points that are showing as qualifying are purchases made prior to March 24.

We will be optimizing our card benefits, including enhanced automatic loyalty status based on the card product. There will also be opportunities to achieve status based on reaching spend bonuses. For complete program details and additional ways to qualify for IHG Rewards status level tiers, visit ihg.com/chase

Alas I did not qualify to Spire at the 55,000 threshold.
Old Apr 13, 22, 10:21 pm
Suspended

The web site has been updated. Also says a new app is coming soon.

Search this Thread