Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
It was extremely easy to get spire requalified. A simple 3k per night package which is 25 dollars more per night racks up the eqp. Let alone the doubling of points on spend.

they will have a flood of diamond members this and next year.

interesting to see what this program will actually look like. If it’s meaningful. You may see me go away from Marriott for more of my spend.

iHG is typically used when I have a specific hotel in my travels I like. In fact HI express has a ton of new hotels. So I like them better than old Hiltons and even Marriott needs a refresh at the lower service properties these days.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by isaacchambers
It was extremely easy to get spire requalified. A simple 3k per night package which is 25 dollars more per night racks up the eqp. Let alone the doubling of points on spend.

interesting to see what this program will actually look like. If it’s meaningful. You may see me go away from Marriott for more of my spend.

iHG is typically used when I have a specific hotel in my travels I like. In fact HI express has a ton of new hotels. So I like them better than old Hiltons and even Marriott needs a refresh at the lower service properties these days.
Yep agreed, I decided to push to spire and got there in 6 nights without spending that much
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Really? Did you do it by mostly buying points packages?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:56 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
After all the false promises of future benefits to be introduced when they launched Spire status, the cynical part of me is thinking there won’t be benefits substantial enough to really matter how many Diamond members there are
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:00 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
It was extremely easy to get spire requalified. [...]
You might well be right -- with the 2x offer and the lower threshold probably being the biggest drivers. Back in January I wasn't aware of either and had seen very few hotels from the inside since March 2020. This weekend I crossed the 55,000 mark. (I made a small transfer from Chase to make sure I got over the line before the end of March, but it turns out I didn't need it. I didn't buy any points packages.)
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: PC Plat IC RA / SPG GOLD
It will vary by region, I spent about 1200 USD to achieve the IHG Spire and earned points worth 500 USD.
It wasn't easy to achieve the IHG Spire because I stayed 13 nights using the 3,000 point package.
A similar cost is required to achieve Marriott Platinum (Double QN) or Accor Platinum (Accor Plus Fast Track).
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

IHG email: Your new IHG Rewards tier and card benefits are coming!

Email just arrived from IHG.

We're excited to remind you that your newly enhanced IHG® Rewards Premier Card benefits begin on March 24!

The week of April 11 our new IHG® Rewards status tiers and enhanced bonus earn will go live. As a benefit of your Card, you will continue to enjoy automatic Platinum Elite status*. With Platinum Elite status you'll earn a 60% bonus (formerly 50%) for qualifying stays. For qualifying stays between March 24 and the week of April 11, you will also receive that extra 10% bonus, which will post to your account by the end of May.

In April we'll also share even more details about the new program and the perks that come with your Platinum Elite status. We can't wait to share the new IHG Rewards with you!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:35 pm

I'm Spire, been that way for years.

I just got some strange email from their rewards desk saying that I am Platinum after the switch? This makes no sense to me as it would appear I would be diamond. My only possible thought is if they sent it to all their credit card holders or something instead of filtering out people already higher than platinum, or something. Super weird.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Data point.

I have a stay in early April. It was showing prior to today that I would earn 12500 points (approx), it is now saying that I will earn 28900 points. I am Spire AMS currently.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:37 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by AgtMulder
I'm Spire, been that way for years.

I just got some strange email from their rewards desk saying that I am Platinum after the switch? This makes no sense to me as it would appear I would be diamond. My only possible thought is if they sent it to all their credit card holders or something instead of filtering out people already higher than platinum, or something. Super weird.
I received the same message going out to Premier credit card holders and am also Spire. I think they just didn't think the messaging through carefully enough when drafting the message.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yeah that email from IHG Rewards to IHG credit card holders is hilariously incompetent. That must have resulted in a few face palms at IHG HQ for the blanket Plat status plus the March 24th date which is now, supposedly, not going to happen.
AgtMulder likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Email re status for non credit card holder

Basically says

"Your *ALL NEW IHG Rewards status is coming in April"

And that my status will be updated in April but no specific date or what my current Spire AMB wil become are given.

I'm assuming an existing spire will become diamond but who knows.

I'm only 1500 points of requalifying for Spire so am tempted to do a matress run to get me over the 55k threshold whcihw ould get me Diamond for next year?

I've not had any of my existing bookings revalued like TheWiseOne seems to have.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Basically says

"Your *ALL NEW IHG Rewards status is coming in April"

And that my status will be updated in April but no specific date or what my current Spire AMB wil become are given.

I'm assuming an existing spire will become diamond but who knows.

I'm only 1500 points of requalifying for Spire so am tempted to do a matress run to get me over the 55k threshold whcihw ould get me Diamond for next year?

I've not had any of my existing bookings revalued like TheWiseOne seems to have.
It is a strange one, I only noted it after I went to the app after seeing the updates above. Not ruling out a IT issue atm seeing this is IHG we're talking about.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
It is a strange one, I only noted it after I went to the app after seeing the updates above. Not ruling out a IT issue atm seeing this is IHG we're talking about.
I've already qualified for spire this year and none of my 7 future bookings for April onwards have changed their points estimates
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yeah that email from IHG Rewards to IHG credit card holders is hilariously incompetent. That must have resulted in a few face palms at IHG HQ for the blanket Plat status plus the March 24th date which is now, supposedly, not going to happen.
Guess we now know how they are going to save the hotel owners money as promised---make everybody Spire and above Platinum LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.