Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr and Mrs Smith - The Retreat at Blue Lagoon MASTER REVIEW - THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson

I am due to do a two night stay next month and was wondering if anyone has any experiences of this hotel and what I can expect/look out for/be sure to do!

Happy to do a trip report when I return, if anyone wants me to check anything out whilst I am there, then please ask and I'll try my best to cover it!

Last edited by TheWiseOne; Feb 3, 2022 at 12:37 pm
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if paying cash, you might consider the Lava Cove
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
I guess they have no rooms on points, have they?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
I guess they have no rooms on points, have they?
They do have nights for points. However, they average out at about 195k+ per night. However, there are a few considerations that make it a little easier to swallow:

1) Free Breakfast
2) Complimetrary Afternoon Tea/Coffee
3) Complimentary Minibar
4) Free Valet parking
5) Access to the blue lagoon (which is expensive.)
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
They do have nights for points. However, they average out at about 195k+ per night.
Thanks for your feedback.
I would pay 195k points for a night, but I have never found any availability. Have you? On the IHG website?
Is there some kind of calendar where you can find availability or do you need to check day by day?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your feedback.
I would pay 195k points for a night, but I have never found any availability. Have you? On the IHG website?
Is there some kind of calendar where you can find availability or do you need to check day by day?
I see availability on points (in the app) throughout Feb, March, April, May and some in June. None after that. Could be they release only a few months in advance.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:59 am

I see availability on points (in the app) throughout Feb, March, April, May and some in June. None after that. Could be they release only a few months in advance.
Weird, I have just checked all of February, and have not found any date with points availability.
Sometimes the main screen shows 195k points, but when I click through to select a room, there is no room available for points.

Anyway, I did not want to hijack your thread. I will be looking forward to your trip report! Which room did you book?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Weird, I have just checked all of February, and have not found any date with points availability.
Sometimes the main screen shows 195k points, but when I click through to select a room, there is no room available for points.

Anyway, I did not want to hijack your thread. I will be looking forward to your trip report! Which room did you book?
Yes, I have just had a double check and have noted that the points option when going through disappears. Strange it was there when I booked (with availability all the way through Feb-June.)

I am just in a Junior Suite as that was what I could stretch too.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:47 pm

Yes, I have just had a double check and have noted that the points option when going through disappears. Strange it was there when I booked (with availability all the way through Feb-June.)
For the record, I have asked the hotel, which directed me to Mr & Mrs Smith, which directed me to IHG, which could not answer my question and directed me to their e-mail support team, which does not bother to answer. So basically, nobody knows if rooms are available on points.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Lucky you, i have NEVER found room on points here and lord knows I have looked! lol enjoy your stay and definitely let us know how it goes.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Someone I know has two nights coming up on UK credit card nights, booked by the call centre. (The UK card vouchers have gone screwy and the IT no longer blocks anything!)
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm not even sure where exactly the Blue Lagoon is. Sounds nice, wherever it is.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
I'm not even sure where exactly the Blue Lagoon is. Sounds nice, wherever it is.
https://www.bluelagoon.com/
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:21 am
Original Poster

For the record, I have asked the hotel, which directed me to Mr & Mrs Smith, which directed me to IHG, which could not answer my question and directed me to their e-mail support team, which does not bother to answer. So basically, nobody knows if rooms are available on points.
I actually booked mine on UK vouchers. I went a little quite as I wasn't 100% certain I was going to get away with it/I was a little coy prior to going as I didn't want to flag anything (I can be a little paranoid at times in this game 😅.)

Anyway, I have been tracking this for you and I think they may have become aware of people booking this with points/vouchers as shortly after booking/talking to you about this it all disappeared. Not sure if they closed it or clamped down.

Originally Posted by miadukes
Lucky you, i have NEVER found room on points here and lord knows I have looked! lol enjoy your stay and definitely let us know how it goes.
Here is the review!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34011283-post15.html

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I did a good scoping job whilst there and this has also become my favourite hotel in the world.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 6:32 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

After the aquisition of the Mr & Mrs. Smith chain by Hyatt, we are transferting this thread to the newly created subforum of the World of Hyatt Forum

FLYGVA & jpdx
moderators of the IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.