Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2022 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focus on those promotions, which are not general quarterly promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions. The promotion thread for 2020 could be found here

Promotion Offers

Targeted Offers
Raynyan
reports in this post about an offer in January 2022 offering 5000 points for a two night stay

Up to 50,000 points for up to 20 nights: See this tread

New general Promotion (2k points every two nights or 10k points every two nights) is dicsussed here

The targetted promotions for 2023 could be found in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:14 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by Concerto
ok, thanks Admiral Ackbar, that makes me feel a lot safer doing it. I will sign up at the last possible moment, maybe the 29th July (so I'm not leaving it until the middle of the weekend), because most travel involving hotels will take place in Autumn this year.
And just to give you a little more comfort, someone posted the same positive experience with the challenge

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34430963-post37.html
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I signed up the challege as a Gold Elite and receieved the Platinum elite. I have also stayed more than five nights after signing up the status match to meet the requirement to extend status until end of 2023? I also plan to stay 10 additional nights to qualify for Diamond Elite.

A question: when will the account reflect the the Platinum status will be extended to end of 2023?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
my account showed as platinum 4-5 days after i reached the 5 nights.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MalFr
my account showed as platinum 4-5 days after i reached the 5 nights.
Is the status valid until end of 2022 or 2023?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Is the status valid until end of 2022 or 2023?
It will be end of 2023. Diamond status should update as soon as the 15th night gets posted on your account
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yurtripper
It will be end of 2023. Diamond status should update as soon as the 15th night gets posted on your account
Thank you.
My account still shows 2022 although I have completed and exceeded the 5 night-requirement. Will it be updated at end of year or real time?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
I got a rude and possibly incorrect response from the IHG agent at the chat app saying that the current promotion is based on the number of _stays_ and promptly cut me off. Given I'm running slightly close to the deadline, can anyone confirm if it's the number of days stayed instead?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
I got a rude and possibly incorrect response from the IHG agent at the chat app saying that the current promotion is based on the number of _stays_ and promptly cut me off. Given I'm running slightly close to the deadline, can anyone confirm if it's the number of days stayed instead?
Which promotion?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Which promotion?
The Plat/Diamond challenge one. It's 5/15 nights is it not?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Yes. Why would you need to confirm that with chat? The terms on the sign-up page couldn't be clearer.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:21 pm

Yes. Why would you need to confirm that with chat? The terms on the sign-up page couldn't be clearer.
Doesn't help that the signup page is now gone, so there isn't really something official to confirm with to argue one's case post-hoc.
And it doesn't help that IHG sends an email saying that I have 7 nights left to clear with the Plat challenge completed email, which is incorrect.
As much as I can count, systems are not anywhere near perfect and the chat's response evidently show I'll be screwed around if something doesn't go the way the system is supposed to work. I don't think I can make it clearer for you.

If you have the signup page as an archived page it'll be helpful to have it on hand.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:36 pm

Doesn't help that the signup page is now gone, so there isn't really something official to confirm with to argue one's case post-hoc.
And it doesn't help that IHG sends an email saying that I have 7 nights left to clear with the Plat challenge completed email, which is incorrect.
As much as I can count, systems are not anywhere near perfect and the chat's response evidently show I'll be screwed around if something doesn't go the way the system is supposed to work. I don't think I can make it clearer for you.

If you have the signup page as an archived page it'll be helpful to have it on hand.
I didn't save the sign-up page, but if you stay 15 nights in 120 days, you'll be fine, as others here have confirmed.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I share your frustration. I also received an email earlier today reminding me to stay five nights to maintin Platinum status and 10 additonal nights for Diamond status. I have already stayed 7 nights, which should keeps at Platnum level until end of 2023 (app still shows 2022). I have another 9 nights booked to qualify for Diamond, but not sure whether the IHG system is tracking my stays so far correctly?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I share your frustration. I also received an email earlier today reminding me to stay five nights to maintin Platinum status and 10 additonal nights for Diamond status. I have already stayed 7 nights, which should keeps at Platnum level until end of 2023 (app still shows 2022). I have another 9 nights booked to qualify for Diamond, but not sure whether the IHG system is tracking my stays so far correctly?
I'm sure those are just marketing emails and not up-to-the-minute updates. I've seen no reports that IHG is incorrectly tracking nights.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:50 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I can personally confirm that it is the number of nights and not the number of stays.
MeltingAlf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.