Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2022 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focus on those promotions, which are not general quarterly promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions. The promotion thread for 2020 could be found here

Promotion Offers

Targeted Offers
Raynyan
reports in this post about an offer in January 2022 offering 5000 points for a two night stay

Up to 50,000 points for up to 20 nights: See this tread

New general Promotion (2k points every two nights or 10k points every two nights) is dicsussed here

The targetted promotions for 2023 could be found in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by monkeytennis
i got the offer confirmation email fine. But no status change. I’ve now called 3 times to get it sorted and each time I get nowhere. None of the agents seem to understand the offer or are prepared to help. I’ve got 20 days at IHG properties coming up and I’m going to miss out on the benefits of this offer.
People on the UK site HFP (Head For Points) have mentioned the same problem and someone said they got it fixed by DM-ing them on Twitter, so maybe try that
Old May 24, 2022, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
People on the UK site HFP (Head For Points) have mentioned the same problem and someone said they got it fixed by DM-ing them on Twitter, so maybe try that
yes I saw that. Unfortunately I decided to call them about it in the first instance and the twitter team now just keep directing me back to my open complaint (which is being ignored by the one rewards team). In future I will just speak to the twitter account, they seem a lot more helpful.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:19 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
6000 club

Summer travel is heating up in parts of the world, and IHG Hotels & Resorts is celebrating! Now, with 6,000 hotels open around the globe, we’re unveiling the 6,000 Club, an exclusive collection of stunning new hotels across our diverse brands.

The best part? These hotels will surprise select guests in the coming months with 6,000 IHG One Rewards points, as well as other perks and experiences.

Drum roll please… here are the hotels in IHG’s 6,000 Club!
https://www.ihgplc.com/en/news-and-m...orts-6000-club
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
A query about qualifying stays with the status match program: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...tatuschallenge

Does a booking on points count, or do I have to book a Points + Cash rate that exceeds the 30 USD?

As I understand it, I need qualifying stays, from the promotion info:

A “Qualifying Stay” is a minimum one (1)-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30 (or local currency equivalent) for each night. ... For additional details on Qualifying Rates, please see the full IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions.

Those T & C's for qualifying stays (https://www.ihg.com/content/ihg/hote...member-tc.html) state:

Qualifying Stays: A “Stay” is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of Check-In/Check-Out. A Stay is a “Qualifying Stay” when a Member pays a Qualifying Rate (defined below) for that Stay.

"Qualifying Rates include Reward Night/Free Night*", where the asterisk refers to "*When staying on a Reward Night/Free Night, Members will not earn Points or partner miles/credits on the room rate or room rate equivalent; however, Points are awarded for all other eligible charges."

Thought's anyone?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
a points + cash rate does not count as a paid stay. The cash element buys the balance of the points needed for a redemption
Points Scrounger and ExAbz like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:17 pm

The current Diamond & Platinum status challenge... can I sign up if I'm already a Platinum member, and looking to get to Diamond in 15 nights?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by boonkoh
The current Diamond & Platinum status challenge... can I sign up if I'm already a Platinum member, and looking to get to Diamond in 15 nights?
I have the same question ....
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:54 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Don't see why not, especially as the promo is open to already existing IHG members. I made platinum on points just before the promo started, registered and got the confirmation email. It shows up in my IHG account in the offers section. I will update as I will be hitting 15 nights in the next month or so.
minz56 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Do corporate rates count as a qualifying rate for the challenge? I have an upcoming business trip and just signed up. Points Guy said no in their challenge post.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: NZ
Can anyone remind me what the basic T&Cs are for the following promotion for which I am registered:

Stay Twice, Get 10,000 Bonus Points
Starts: 10/22/2021
Ends: 12/31/2022

I have a feeling that I have to stay at 2 ICs but I am not 100% sure.

ETA: I found something on LL. I think I had to have the 2 stays within 60 days of registering which for me has long passed. Also it appled to any IHG property (with some exceptions).

Last edited by minz56; Jun 17, 2022 at 9:08 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:14 am

Hello, I wondered if anyone had knowledge or experience of how many times one can do a status match for IHG? Is it just once in a lifetime, once in 5 years, unknown? Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:19 pm

Tip for those who get an error signing up for the status challenge.
First, go directly to the link without any referral code: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...tatuschallenge
Use Edge. If clicking on one program (eg Marriott) doesn't work try another (eg Hyatt). Enter IHG number, copy and paste your email to confirm, voila!
(I had difficulty with Firefox and Chrome, customer service agent couldn't do it)
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I couldn't find anything in the TCs that would specifically exclude existing Platinum members. But I don't want run into trouble with what they might consider something fraudulent, i.e. trying to claim benefits to which I am not entitled. You know, thanks to this forum, how touchy IHG have been at various times in the past.

Originally Posted by minz56
I have the same question ....
This is what I saw in the TCs: “Any member of the IHG One Rewards program (other than those members who reside in Greater China) are eligible to participate in the Status Challenge promotion”.

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Tip for those who get an error signing up for the status challenge.
First, go directly to the link without any referral code: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...tatuschallenge
Use Edge. If clicking on one program (eg Marriott) doesn't work try another (eg Hyatt). Enter IHG number, copy and paste your email to confirm, voila!
(I had difficulty with Firefox and Chrome, customer service agent couldn't do it)
Would this also work with Opera as a browser? I presume everybody affected has been trying to do this from a desktop computer rather than on a smartphone.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:18 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by Concerto
I couldn't find anything in the TCs that would specifically exclude existing Platinum members. But I don't want run into trouble with what they might consider something fraudulent, i.e. trying to claim benefits to which I am not entitled. You know, thanks to this forum, how touchy IHG have been at various times in the past.
There are two sets of links on the IHG challenge signup page, one for new and one for existing IHG members, would be a bit egregious to then deny the status to existing IHG members afterwards.

I made IHG Platinum on points in early may, signed up for this challenge in mid-may and just got my Diamond status this week instantly after my stay posted that brought me over 15 nights.

No brainer to sign up for this one if you want Diamond.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
ok, thanks Admiral Ackbar, that makes me feel a lot safer doing it. I will sign up at the last possible moment, maybe the 29th July (so I'm not leaving it until the middle of the weekend), because most travel involving hotels will take place in Autumn this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.