IHG properties in Nice, France

Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
IHG properties in Nice, France

would anyone familiar with the area be able to advise which IHG property would be best situated for tourism? I would not have a car (Yet). thanks all. I am thinking perhaps the Holiday Inn??
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Not sure what you would consider "tourism" in Nice but I would stay as close to the beach promenade as possible (Prom. des Anglais) and from the look of it that would only apply to the Holiday Inn. We stayed at the Le Meridien while in Nice and the location was optimal right on the Prom. des Anglais.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
This thread may be helpful

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte....html?1759197=
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
OOPS and thanks. Holiday Inn city center it is.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:25 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
OOPS and thanks. Holiday Inn city center it is.
It's fine and a little bit of a walk to the train station or other areas. The IC Cannes is a better choice, but it's closed for much needed renovations until at least Dec 2022.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I stayed at the HI in Nice center a few years ago , it was fine and an easy walk down to the sea.
This year I stayed in HI Cannes and really did not like it , then did a few nights in Nice at the Negresco which was very nice
Can’t wait for the Carlton to reopen!
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In Oct I spent 4 nights at the newish HIX at the Arenas because of its location is super convenient to take either the train or the buses up and down the Cote d'Azur. While it is an HIX, it is the newly designed, built for purposes type so basic room but very functional. The complementary breakfast actually was at the same level as the subsequent Renaissance La Defense and the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador I stayed at after Nice, with the only lacking items being smoked salmon / fish, and made to order egg dish.

Granted, I have been in Nice many times, both as a land trip visit (from where we started our self-drive to the Provence and eventually ended in Paris), as well as a port of call or neighboring port of call on multiple Med cruises. Therefore I do not need anything touristic, nor any proximity to the Prom. des Anglais, at all. I prefer to explore the various towns along the Cote d'Azur coastal line. It literally is just 4 min walk from the HIX location to the bus station for the ligne 100 to Cannes (via Caignes sur Mar and Antibe - both are very nice little towns). The St. Augustin train station is about 7 min walk and you can go straight to Monaco if you prefer, though there are more interesting ways to do that, such as using buses and having a stop or 2 along the way, like Villefranche sur Mer and Beaulieu sur Mer.

During the whole stay I did not spend any day time in Nice, only came to town for dinner. The T2 is very convenient option to town and to the airport. Just beware that the boarding stations are DIFFERENT - to town you need to walk 2 to 3 min to a street corner, to airport the station is right in front of the hotel.

But if your stay requires nice room and beach nearby, then certainly HIX does not fit. OTOH I honestly dont see the attractiveness of Nice pebble stones beach. The beaches on the towns south of Nice are much much nicer if that is your thing. I doubt anyone from US or Asia would be impressed by the beaches on Southern France anyway, other than the obligatory people watching... which these days are no more better than other parts of the world. LOL.
francophile, rbAA and mediator like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
The IC Cannes is a better choice, but it's closed for much needed renovations until at least Dec 2022.
That's FINALLY happening? They have been talking about it forever! Are we really sure? I won't believe it till someone posts pics of work actually being done. I think they closed it before for "renovations" and then they never ended up doing anything. We also stayed at the IC Cannes and it was a great hotel but definitely in need of a reno back then.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I wandered around the outside of it a few weeks ago , they have built a big extension at the back with a spa. The architecture is similar to the original building. Most rooms are currently without windows . I’m sure it will be gorgeous once finished
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:51 am

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Nice about five years ago, and thought the location was good. (We dropped our rental car off before going there.) Our room was small but fine by European standards, and clean. Our bathroom and mattress needed an update, but we were otherwise pleased.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
How about the Carlton in Cannes?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
How about the Carlton in Cannes?
Clearly you didn't read a post of from your comment.....it's CLOSED due to a reno.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by christianj
Clearly you didn't read a post of from your comment.....it's CLOSED due to a reno.
I was wondering whether the renovation was complete. I guess not!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think it's worth mentioning that a new Indigo has just opened in nearby Cagnes-sur-Mer.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Concerto
I think it's worth mentioning that a new Indigo has just opened in nearby Cagnes-sur-Mer.
Indeed. It is inland a bit. I used to live nearby and can advise anyone staying there to have a car with them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.