Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Instead (or in advance) of an annual renewal, Ambassador members who meet the criteria can ask for a one time extension (avail once per life of the member)
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions
  1. An InterContinental Ambassador Membership Extension may be awarded to select Ambassadors who meet the criteria below.
    1. To be eligible for a two (2) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership and must not have redeemed a two-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional two months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    2. To be eligible for a six (6) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership that is in its second or greater consecutive membership year, and must not have redeemed a six-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional six months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    3. Membership Extensions are granted at the discretion of IHG® and may be denied, ended, or amended with or without notice or compensation, at IHG’s sole discretion. Any extension granted excludes the extension or issuance of any Complimentary Weekend Night certificates.
    4. Extensions for Royal Ambassadors are not available.
    5. The two (2) and six (6) month membership extensions cannot be combined into a combined eight (8) month extension. The two different extension periods must be applied in two (2) separate membership years.
Print Wikipost

Renew IHG Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
They might be finding it hard to sell renewals.
Any clue if the stays that generate the points can be reward nights?
No idea. I can't see the Ambassador renew page on the IHG website because it is on some kind of infinitely reloading loop today.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:32 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
They might be finding it hard to sell renewals.

Any clue if the stays that generate the points can be reward nights?
Looks like at least one of the nights needs to be a "qualifying" night, so a paid night over US$30. So, the second night can be the BOGO or other :

"To qualify for the additional 20,000 bonus points, each of the two nights must be part of one or more Qualifying Stays. A Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible to claim the night for purposes of the Offer. No retroactive credit will be awarded for Stays prior to renewal of your membership or prior to this Offer."

The other terms from LoyaltyLobby:
To participate in the “Renew Ambassador, stay two nights, earn 20k bonus points” (“Offer”), you must be an existing InterContinental® Ambassador member, and you must renew your membership in accordance with the general terms and conditions for the InterContinental Ambassador program, which can be obtained here OR by 31 March 2022, whichever will occur sooner. No registration is required. Members who are invited to participate in this Offer may also participate in other IHG offers. This offer is not applicable for Royal Ambassador members. This offer is not valid for InterContinental® Ambassador membership enrolments or renewals obtained on a complimentary basis or using the IHG Employee discount.

If you renew your InterContinental® Ambassador membership by paying USD200, you will receive 15,000 IHG® Rewards points upon renewal. An additional 20,000 bonus points will be deposited into your account after you stay two qualifying nights, between your renewal date and 30 April 2022, at participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels & Resorts.

Members who renew by redeeming 40,000 points will receive 20,000 bonus points after completing two qualifying nights, between renewal date and 31 January 2022, at participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels & Resorts.

So, it's for renewals only.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Every year I say I'm not going to renew, then I give in. This time because I have.a Kimpton stay booked for tomorrow. Two nights--one Chase MC free, the other paid. I called to confirm this offer and the rep read it off plus assured me I will get it (since the terms #45 in the renewal are old). He mentioned something about an offer for new enrollees starting I think Jan 18. I wasn't paying close attention since mine is a renewal. My Ambassador expiration is/was Jan 1, 2022.

I didn't anticipate the Chase night would count, but will be pleasantly surprised if it does.
​​​​​
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by rbAA
Looks like at least one of the nights needs to be a "qualifying" night, so a paid night over US$30. So, the second night can be the BOGO or other :

"To qualify for the additional 20,000 bonus points, each of the two nights must be part of one or more Qualifying Stays. A Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible to claim the night for purposes of the Offer. No retroactive credit will be awarded for Stays prior to renewal of your membership or prior to this Offer."

The other terms from LoyaltyLobby:
To participate in the “Renew Ambassador, stay two nights, earn 20k bonus points” (“Offer”), you must be an existing InterContinental® Ambassador member, and you must renew your membership in accordance with the general terms and conditions for the InterContinental Ambassador program, which can be obtained here OR by 31 March 2022, whichever will occur sooner. No registration is required. Members who are invited to participate in this Offer may also participate in other IHG offers. This offer is not applicable for Royal Ambassador members. This offer is not valid for InterContinental® Ambassador membership enrolments or renewals obtained on a complimentary basis or using the IHG Employee discount.

If you renew your InterContinental® Ambassador membership by paying USD200, you will receive 15,000 IHG® Rewards points upon renewal. An additional 20,000 bonus points will be deposited into your account after you stay two qualifying nights, between your renewal date and 30 April 2022, at participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels & Resorts.

Members who renew by redeeming 40,000 points will receive 20,000 bonus points after completing two qualifying nights, between renewal date and 31 January 2022, at participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels & Resorts.

So, it's for renewals only.

OK, thanks for that ... the devil's in the detail
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:36 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I got an e-mail with a "renewal and stay" offer by e-mail (must sign in to account to renew):

Renew Ambassador membership by January 1, 2021, and stay two nights (IC, Regent, or Kimpton) by April 30, 2022.
Get bonus points (differing amount depending on which renewal option is chosen).

1. Renew for $200, get 35,000 bonus points with the stay
2. Renew for 40,000 points, get 20,000 points with the stay
Is this a targeted offer?
When I log in to renew the offer is not present just the standard renewal for 200 which I am likely to pass on
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:12 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Is this a targeted offer?
When I log in to renew the offer is not present just the standard renewal for 200 which I am likely to pass on
This was the same for me. My renewal was due on 2 December so I had to renew without knowing if this offer applied.

After renewing I contacted the Ambassador people ([email protected]) and they confirmed that I was registered for the offer.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
This was the same for me. My renewal was due on 2 December so I had to renew without knowing if this offer applied.

After renewing I contacted the Ambassador people ([email protected]) and they confirmed that I was registered for the offer.
Good to hear but really messed up! IHG has to be the most dysfunctional program within a program ever.Amb and IHG Rewards
Old Dec 18, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Are there any offers for new Amb sign up currently, other than 40K or $200?
336 and FFlash like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Good to hear but really messed up! IHG has to be the most dysfunctional program within a program ever.Amb and IHG Rewards
That's for sure. My Amb expiration was Jan 1, 2022. But I saw the offer earlier in the month, as posted above on Dec 3. Had a Kimpton booked for the next night so I renewed. I never receive emails re: promos from IHG even tho I'm signed up (they don't go to spam either).
Guess I'm only getting a 20K bonus--it is now actually listed under "My Offers" on the IHG site:
Renew Ambassador, stay two nights, earn 20K bonus points​
Starts: 12/01/2021
Ends: 03/31/2022
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
Every year I say I'm not going to renew, then I give in. This time because I have.a Kimpton stay booked for tomorrow. Two nights--one Chase MC free, the other paid. I called to confirm this offer and the rep read it off plus assured me I will get it (since the terms #45 in the renewal are old). He mentioned something about an offer for new enrollees starting I think Jan 18. I wasn't paying close attention since mine is a renewal. My Ambassador expiration is/was Jan 1, 2022.

I didn't anticipate the Chase night would count, but will be pleasantly surprised if it does.
​​​​​
Ams Services told you that starting from 18/01, there will be an offer for new enrollments to Ambassador?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:53 am

Looks like they have the same offer now to join Ambassador.

However, when I try to enroll on the website it says "We’re sorry, there was an issue processing payment. Please try a different card or contact Customer Care for assistance."

Same error for other cards. There is nothing wrong with my cards.

Anyone else?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
Let me see if i understand this
If i join ambassador and stay 2 nights i get 20,000 bonus points
would using the staying a day at a intercontinental and using the weekend certificate for the 2nd night count as a qualifying rate?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
Let me see if i understand this
If i join ambassador and stay 2 nights i get 20,000 bonus points
would using the staying a day at a intercontinental and using the weekend certificate for the 2nd night count as a qualifying rate?
It could go either way. I’ve had bogos post both one night or two over the years after posting
And if you can depend on one thing it’s that IHG customer service will suck
each and every time with clueless robots that answer the phone
So risky IMO if you don’t have a plan B
Even with 2 qualifying nights I had to argue with the idiots as they told me 300 dollars for 2 Nights
was a non qualifying rate
Yet I had confirmed that it was qualifying prior to staying
After hours on the phone and escalating the issue they said it was their mistake and they would post it manually
You get what you pay for and IHg pays the price with much of my lost business with their pretty much horrendous customer service
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I didn't renew mine as there is currently no point at all. Also there is current plans in staying at a hotel esp InterContinental. I figure if I see a plan then I will renew it but for now, no plans. I have been an Ambassador for almost 15yrs last year was the first time I didn't renew. My renewal as only $150, but even then when there is zero IC hotel stays since 2020, wasn't worth it anymore.

Last edited by BRAISKI; Jan 19, 2022 at 10:45 am
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:42 pm

After renewing for 200 USD, when do the standard 15 000 points appear in your account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.