Ambassador's Upgrade

Old Jun 13, 2021, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
Ambassador's Upgrade

Hello,

I have a question regarding upgrade, advertised as Ambassador's benefit. If I book a stay in highest room category, will I get upgraded to the suite? I am planing to stay in Inter Continental Berlin.

Regards
DC10
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:02 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DC10
Hello,

I have a question regarding upgrade, advertised as Ambassador's benefit. If I book a stay in highest room category, will I get upgraded to the suite? I am planing to stay in Inter Continental Berlin.

Regards
DC10
First, you should check the T&Cs for exclusions at individual properties. Second, be aware that properties can also choose not to upgrade you and offer you a $50 on property credit or a certain number of points instead.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by DC10
Hello,

Regards
DC10
at the IC Berlin you will likely be upgraded to a junior suite. Ask for a suite/room in the west wing. They consist of a two separated rooms and I always enjoyed the strong rainfall shower in those rooms.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 3:50 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
In Berlin if you book a deluxe room you will get a junior suite , book junior suite get senior one .
You will not get upgraded to club rooms and suites unless you book a club room or deluxe one for a suite
The Signature suites are excluded from upgrades
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:16 am

I should add that the hotel is currently being renovated so some room types are not showing for booking. I will be there in a couple of weeks and know much of the hotel is closed due to work and corona restrictions.
I hope the cleaning b floor reopens by September when I am back again!
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
If I am booking using a Chase free night and my Ambassador complimentary weekend night, do I get upgraded?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by kahuna613
If I am booking using a Chase free night and my Ambassador complimentary weekend night, do I get upgraded?
The Ambassador complimentary weekend night is a qualifying rate, so the upgrade benefit does apply.
Free nights, however, as per article 16 of the Ambassador General Terms:
"On IHG® Rewards Reward Nights and Free Nights, the guaranteed upgrade benefit is not applicable and is subject to availability."
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions

However, when booking a free night and a bogo together, I have generally been extended the courtesy of staying in the same room.
This is totally up to the hotel though, and they have no obligation to do so.

The upgrades do include suites, but specifically excludes Residences, Penthouses, Presidential and Speciality Suites and two bedroom or greater Suites/Villas.
You can take a look at what constitutes a "Specialty Suite" at each hotel here:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...tes-exclusions
​​​​​​​

Last edited by jaytw; Dec 13, 2021 at 12:19 am
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:34 am

It probably depends on what room category you book with the weekend night , if a standard room they will most likely leave you in the upgraded room. However if it is a higher level so you have a suite then they will move you or ask for money to keep it .
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
It depends on the property and their situation. I have got multi-level upgrades on awards when one IC hotel was sold out, yet same hotel on revenue stay upgraded me just 1 cat. So it depends. Guaranteed upgrade is only for paid stays. AMB weekend night is actually still paid stay, as you are paying at least for 1 night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.