Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton St Honoré Paris Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Oh... that is indeed a sign that it is not meant to be.
It gives a vibe that they don't care for your reservation at all.
I would switch to a different hotel to evade the agony if no solution can be found in time.
I love the Indigo across the street. Unfortunately, they're sold out.

I asked IHG about the Diamond room guarantee. Shocking. No one got back to me. I'm not saying the "guarantee" is iron clad, as there are some exclusions. But, no surprise, IHG can't do the simple things right.
336 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I think I’m very happy that I stayed at the IC over the road last time , can you swap ?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ninjalad
I think I’m very happy that I stayed at the IC over the road last time , can you swap ?
Also sold out.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:51 pm

deleted

Last edited by saaveraward; Sep 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by alextrips
Spent 3 nights here last month. Booked through bconstentino @ liveluxe.
We got double upgraded into a lovely junior suite with a great view of the eiffel.

Here are some pics. Have fun in Paris.
The Room

Goyard bags comes as Welcome Amenity? 😉
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:27 pm

There's now a "city single" which used to be an essential room-type.

The "deluxe" category disappeared.

"Junior Suites" are now "specialty suites."

Last edited by saaveraward; Sep 12, 2022 at 2:36 pm
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Good to know , I’ll stick to the IC . I have to say it seems a very short term plan because regular visitors to Paris will not return!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm now at this hotel which is completely sold out this week. I booked King Essential and at check in they said no upgrade. I reminded them the for IC an upgrade is guaranteed. They offered me a drink at the bar while they looked into the options. But in the end there simply is no better room for me. They apologized and offered to buy dinner which is a nice gesture.

And while the room is small, it seems very well equipped.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:20 am

deleted

Last edited by saaveraward; Sep 12, 2022 at 2:36 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I forgot to mention I found in my room a full bottle of Arbois wine and a plate of nice fruit and desserts. Also a hand-written welcome card.

I went down to the social hour at the bar and had a couple of glasses of Chardonnay along with some cashews and olives.

And they gave me a 10 Euro bar card.

All in all its not a huge set of benefits, but still a lot nicer than many other hotels offer.

Over in the Le Grand thread I complimented the soundproofing job they did with the renovation. But this hotel with it's totally new façade build, is amazingly sound proofed. My room is facing the boulevard and I can't hear anything going on outside. Not even scooters.
Saral and Radiation Station like this.

Last edited by stimpy; Jun 29, 2022 at 10:34 am
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:17 am

FYI for non-suite rooms:

The Essential is now the City Room

The Deluxe is now the Essential

The Premium stays the Premium.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:35 am

So, I'm taking one for the team.

The hotel finally got in touch with me and repeatedly apologized for the lack of communication.

There really aren't any other options (IHG or otherwise) in the luxury range available during my stay dates, so I agreed to stay there against my better judgment.

I'm a big Kimpton fan, so I'll go in with an open mind in that respect and see what happens and just hope for a peaceful stay.

Still canceled my IHG credit cards and won't do a mattress run or renew ambassador for '23.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by saaveraward
So, I'm taking one for the team.

The hotel finally got in touch with me and repeatedly apologized for the lack of communication.

There really aren't any other options (IHG or otherwise) in the luxury range available during my stay dates, so I agreed to stay there against my better judgment.

I'm a big Kimpton fan, so I'll go in with an open mind in that respect and see what happens and just hope for a peaceful stay.

Still canceled my IHG credit cards and won't do a mattress run or renew ambassador for '23.
It is a nice hotel with friendly staff, all qualms about category gaming aside. I enjoyed a couple of nights there last summer. I had a good time, even though the air con was ineffectual in multiple rooms and the window was broken in my first room, so the staff must have been charming.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:07 pm

I'll mostly eat my words on this one.

The Suite Collection is pretty spectacular. As one poster said upthread, the soundproofing is excellent. The suite itself has impeccable finishes. The bathroom is enormous and incredible. Especially the shower room. There isn't a single negative thing I could say about the suite. Now, this huge upgrade was a make good from all the pre-arrival drama, so don't expect to be upgraded to one. However, if you are going to spend that type of money in Paris, I'd highly recommend the suite. Some of them have HUGE windows and you can just relax and people watch.

The architecture of the hotel is special.

The lobby staff (reception/concierge) were on point and they're aware of some growing pains and working out the kinks.

Again, will not go for Diamond with IHG next year, but would happily stay here again and book the room category I expect to stay in.
HadesNL likes this.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jul 30, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:55 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
saaveraward : glad your stay turned out well
For all the agony you have suffered, i think the hotel did wise to treat you to one of their signature suites.
Still many thanks though for the warning about the room category juggling!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.