Kimpton St Honoré Paris Master Thread

Old Apr 29, 22, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt
I usually post in the Hyatt forum but wantes to add another data point here. I am but a mere Platinum elite in IHG.

Spent 3 nights here last month. Booked through bconstentino @ liveluxe. We got double upgraded into a lovely junior suite with a great view of the eiffel. Staff is young and earnest but had trouble getting simple request fulfilled. Short staffed? Also, the entire power system in the room died one night and it was a pain. We had a great stay overall and I would recommend it. Preceded it with a stay at the Park Hyatt which I also recommend.
Food at Montecito was good. Croissant at breakfast were great. Some of the best we ate. And the complimentary happy hour was cool.
Unfortunately for us the weather was freezing. It actually snowed. Thus the rood top bar was closed.

Here are some pics. Have fun in Paris.
The Room

Welcome Amenity

Breakfast

Happy Hour
ARR72 likes this.
Old May 10, 22, 3:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Update: 15 - 19 APR 2022 Sequioa Bar

We were staying across the street at IC PLG and we decided to have a look at the Kimpton and try out the rooftop bar "Sequioa". You have to enter the hotel on the ground floor where a hostess will check if upstairs has a table for you.

We held no reservation but upon mention that Le Grand hotel reffered us, we were offered a place on a nice spot overlooking the IC PLG. The lady hostess explained that seating fills up fast and one must be early to get a table. This is also because part of the rooftop terrace is the designated area for the Kimpton social hour of wine & cheese, so less tables are available.

The lady hostess will guide you to the dedicated single elevator and bring you upstairs.

(no photos of the drinks but they were tasty)

Kimpton hotel's Sequioa bar entrance is on the ground floor, you take under guidance of the hostess the elevator to the 10 th floor

You can scan the QR to make a reservation

Upper reception

As you can see spacious seating

The best spot on the terrace has eiffel tower view

Nibbles being offered with the drinks

Our seats come with IC PLG view and faces west, north, east

Do you spot the opèra garnier's phantome of the opera in the attic ?

(I think he might already be passed out from covid19 from the amount of tourists that do the opera tour)

* you can spot him next to the tower of the sacre coeur

Drinks menu
Note: no beers available

Area reserved for Kimpton social hour

Smokers are welcome here

Celebrity spotting !

* extra Kimpton room rack rates

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 24, 22 at 3:16 pm
Old May 14, 22, 11:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador; UA Gold
Originally Posted by HadesNL View Post
We were staying across the street at IC PLG and we decided to have a look at the Kimpton and try out the rooftop bar "Sequioa". You have to enter the hotel on the ground floor where a hostess will check if upstairs has a table for you.

We held no reservation but upon mention that Le Grand hotel reffered us, we were offered a place on a nice spot overlooking the IC PLG. The lady hostess explained that seating fills up fast and one must be early to get a table. This is also because part of the rooftop terrace is the designated area for the Kimpton social hour of wine & cheese, so less tables are available.

The lady hostess will guide you to the dedicated single elevator and bring you upstairs.

(no photos of the drinks but they were tasty)

Kimpton hotel's Sequioa bar entrance is on the ground floor, you take under guidance of the hostess the elevator to the 10 th floor

You can scan the QR to make a reservation

Upper reception

As you can see spacious seating

The best spot on the terrace has eiffel tower view

Nibbles being offered with the drinks

Our seats come with IC PLG view and faces west, north, east

Do you spot the opèra garnier's phantome of the opera in the attic ?
(I think he might already be passed out from covid19 from the amount of tourists that do the opera tour)
* you can spot him next to the tower of the sacre coeur

Drinks menu
Note: no beers available

Area reserved for Kimpton social hour

Smokers are welcome here

Celebrity spotting !

* extra Kimpton room rack rates
What time was your visit? I’ve read reports of very long queues/waiting times. Also Looking to pop in for a visit during my stay this Summer at IC PL. Thanks
Old May 15, 22, 8:21 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
ARR72 : We went early at 17.05 afternoon on a sunday because the weather was still good to sit outside.
There were already a good amount of people sitting on the terrace.

I've read reports about the expected Qs.
I think you can ask the staff at the PLG club lounge to make a reservation at the Kimpton terrace bar for you,
so you won't have to Q downstairs on the ground floor.
ARR72 likes this.
Old May 27, 22, 3:38 am

Programs: IHG Platinum

Stayed here last Saturday night on a UK free Credit Card night...a great decision...hotel is gorgeous, staff super nice, friendly and efficient, I was worried they maybe stuffy or snooty but non of the ones we encountered were. The hosted wine hour was taking place in the bar on the ground floor, red or white wine with nibbles. You can only book the cheapest room with the free room, we were upgraded one level to a deluxe room which was actually larger than I was expecting, strawberries and muffins in the room on arrival, no mention at check in but a few days later i received the 600 amenity points. A good location just far enough away from the crowds of the Opera. When booking it was a choice between the InterCon and the Kimpton...so glad i went with the Kimpton
Old Jun 21, 22, 9:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
Buyer beware: This hotel is sticking to saying Diamond benefits are limited to a "one category upgrade upon availability at check in time."

They consider moving you from a balcony room to a non-balcony room in the same category with a "better" view an "upgrade."

They proactively DOWNGRADED parts of my reservation and then tried to upsell it back to me.

They renamed the junior suites "1 King Bed Suites" and "1 King Bed Eiffel View Suites" and created at least three breakout categories from their actual 1 bedroom suites to make them "specialties" and there's at least a dozen total suites available over my stay.

Basically, because we all know IHG's tech is awful, I made a bunch of consecutive one-night reservations, e-mailed the hotel to let them know and this is what I got in return. Already paying about Euro 3000 on the stay + an additional 85k points for 1 night.

And it took them 9 days to respond leaving me less time to find new accommodations.

Guess they have enough business this summer to tell guests to pound sand.
HadesNL likes this.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jun 21, 22 at 9:32 am
Old Jun 24, 22, 5:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
And still no further response from the hotel (3 different email addresses) , kimpton social or the hotel responding to IHG.

Guess when you've been caught red-handed gaming inventory, you go silent.

If you read deep enough in the TA reviews, you'll see what cracks are there.
Old Jun 24, 22, 9:39 am

saaveraward : thanks for the warning,
It is indeed a scandal that the hotel makes so many sub catagories in rooms as to limit the upgrade possibilities.....
Old Jun 24, 22, 9:58 am

Stayed here last Aug 2021 and loved it. But of course, they just opened back then.

I was under the impression breaking up the suites (or non-suites) into view types was a thing they've been doing? Don't most hotels do that? Correct me if I am off.

Rowan certainly did that years ago and still doing it. And my last stay at Fitzroy has similar sub-cats.

Though I agree moving from a sub-par view to a better view on same room type isn't exactly a category upgrade unless they revamp their T&C to make it as such. Heck...might as well throw in nespresso machine as a cat upgrade.
Old Jun 24, 22, 10:11 am

saaveraward : thanks for the warning,
It is indeed a scandal that the hotel makes so many sub catagories in rooms as to limit the upgrade possibilities.....
Btw great pics you posted. Trying not to dupe the picture but one where you captioned as "Celebrity Spotting", the bloke in the brown plaid jacket and who probably seated you and other customers, that's Olivier and the manager of the property. He helped to resolve an issue efficiently and professionally when we stayed here. Very experienced, knowledgeable and knows hospitality inside out. And he works the tables. No ego.
HadesNL and ARR72 like this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by sof_lance View Post
Stayed here last Aug 2021 and loved it. But of course, they just opened back then.

I was under the impression breaking up the suites (or non-suites) into view types was a thing they've been doing? Don't most hotels do that? Correct me if I am off.

Rowan certainly did that years ago and still doing it. And my last stay at Fitzroy has similar sub-cats.

Though I agree moving from a sub-par view to a better view on same room type isn't exactly a category upgrade unless they revamp their T&C to make it as such. Heck...might as well throw in nespresso machine as a cat upgrade.
But it's NOT a better view for the same room type.

https://kimptonsthonoreparis.com/en/...l-guest-rooms/

I booked a Premium Room. They are DOWNGRADING me to an essential room with Opera View AND charging me Euro 20 extra per night.
I booked a Deluxe Room. They are DOWNGRADING me to an essential room with Opera View AND charging me Euro 60 per night.
I booked an Essential Room WITH a balcony. They are DOWNGRADING me to an essential room with Opera View with NO balcony AND charging me Euro 60 extra per night.

They took the shittiest room in the hotel, added "Opera View" to it and are treating it like it's the presidential suite and trying to charge me hundreds of extra Euros and selling it as an "upgrade."

Then if I pay them those hundreds of extra Euros, they'll "upgrade" me to a Premium room (THE SAME ROOM THEY JUST MADE ME PAY THEM TO DOWNGRADE OUT OF), ONLY if that specific room type is available at check in. Otherwise it's the essential room.

I have it all in writing. The hotel refuses to respond and follow up after they sent it. They either think I'm brain dead or tried to ram it through as if I don't pay attention to room sizes and would be dazzled by the word "opera."

There are 13 junior and one bedroom suites available during my stay.

Unless this gets sorted, stay the hell away from the Kimpton Paris. The GM should be embarrassed.

If any of the blogs want to pick it up, PM me and I'll forward you my resys.
HadesNL and Radiation Station like this.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jun 24, 22 at 10:50 am
Old Jun 24, 22, 3:27 pm

saaveraward That is really shrewd business tactics!

Normally if you book a room type with view, balcony, whatever special feature,
You would expect the Diamond upgrade to move a category up but keep the view, balcony, whatever special feature.

If the next category up does not have the view, balcony, whatever special feature,
Normally reservations would get in touch with the guest to explain the situation and let the guest choose / offer alternative.

In your case where they upgrade you to a "better" view but into a smaller room,
is a sure case for debate and discussion.

It would grace them to offer you a larger room after you emailed them to state you prefer a bigger room over the view.

Reservations might not be empowered so maybe escalate ?

Bit sloppy from this Kimpton, but as you said their high summer occupancy could have made them cocky.

EDIT: don't know if you are InnerCircle but there is a dedicated support "complaint" line:
VIP Phone Line
Access to a dedicated VIP line where our friendly Inner Circle agents are ready to assist with IHG® One Rewards reservations, questions about Diamond Elite and Inner Circle benefits, plus much more.

This number is available when signed in as Inner Circle on IHG.com and navigate to https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...are/contact-us.

It worked for me in the past with some issues...

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 24, 22 at 3:47 pm
Old Jun 24, 22, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by sof_lance View Post
Btw great pics you posted. Trying not to dupe the picture but one where you captioned as "Celebrity Spotting", the bloke in the brown plaid jacket and who probably seated you and other customers, that's Olivier and the manager of the property. He helped to resolve an issue efficiently and professionally when we stayed here. Very experienced, knowledgeable and knows hospitality inside out. And he works the tables. No ego.
Thanks for the background information!
Good to know he's a capable guy.
He seems to put a smile on the lady from Tatler magazine so all must be well

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 24, 22 at 3:39 pm
Old Jun 24, 22, 3:40 pm

That is really shrewd business tactics!

Normally if you book a room type with view, balcony, whatever special feature,
You would expect the Diamond upgrade to move a category up but keep the view, balcony, whatever special feature.

If the next category up does not have the view, balcony, whatever special feature,
Normally reservations would get in touch with the guest to explain the situation and let the guest choose / offer alternative.

In your case where they upgrade you to a "better" view but into a smaller room,
is a sure case for debate and discussion.

It would grace them to offer you a larger room after you emailed them to state you prefer a bigger room over the view.

Reservations might not be empowered so maybe escalate ?
Bit sloppy from this Kimpton, but as you said their high summer occupancy could have made them cocky.
I escalated. They dont even respond to IHG.
Old Jun 24, 22, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
I escalated. They dont even respond to IHG.
Oh... that is indeed a sign that it is not meant to be.
It gives a vibe that they don't care for your reservation at all.
I would switch to a different hotel to evade the agony if no solution can be found in time.

Search this Thread