Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton St Honoré Paris Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
Anyone who has existing reservations at the 40k level will get excellent value here (even post "vernissage"), but I'd struggle to redeem here at the new inflated level, especially if you can get the Indigo at half the price. Similarly, there's no way I'd be shelling out €400 for the Kimpton when one could book the Indigo or, say, Marriott Opera for half.
Thanks for your detailed review. I (hopefully) have an upcoming trip to Paris in December and while the Kimpton was tempting, I booked the Indigo instead. It's a points stay and I can't recall the exact difference when I booked, but the Indigo was substantially lower. I've stayed there before and was upgraded to a very large room - almost twice the size as other rooms I've had in Paris - and while it's not as luxurious as the Kimpton, I was very happy there.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:55 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by ShopAround
Thanks for your detailed review. I (hopefully) have an upcoming trip to Paris in December and while the Kimpton was tempting, I booked the Indigo instead. It's a points stay and I can't recall the exact difference when I booked, but the Indigo was substantially lower. I've stayed there before and was upgraded to a very large room - almost twice the size as other rooms I've had in Paris - and while it's not as luxurious as the Kimpton, I was very happy there.
We've stayed at the Indigo a number of times, and similar to your experience, it's one of the relatively few hotels in Europe that provides proper upgrades (as one would expect with Hyatt or Marriott) for Spires -- had regular and duplex suites there, as well as significantly larger rooms. When I booked the Kimpton at 40k, the Indigo was significantly higher, but now, with pricing reversed, the Indigo is an excellent choice. Going forward, I'm far more likely to be staying at the Indigo, assuming it's priced at 40-50k, instead of the Kimpton at 80-100k.
ShopAround likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jpdx
Yes, Park Hyatt. On our recent stay, we received a Globalist upgrade to a Park Executive Suite on the second floor, with super high ceilings, overlooking Rue de la Paix. That's a far above average upgrade, though -- typically, even standard suites are hard to get. My typical upgrade at the PH has been to a Deluxe room, so I think the fair comparison would be Deluxe at PH for Globalists vs Deluxe at Kimpton for Spire. The former is a little larger, but IMO pretty run-down at this stage, vs. a beautiful, brand new room at Kimpton. Globalists of course get free breakfast at PH (although IMO, it's not nearly as amazing as some FTers make it out to be), and I assume once the "vernissage" is over, there won't be free breakfast at Kimpton.

I think you (and anyone else with a reservation at 40k IHG points) would be crazy to cancel, especially in light of the insane devaluation we've seen over the last few months. No doubt, the Kimpton is a great deal for 40k points, and this may be one of the last remaining opportunities to reap outsized value from an IHG redemption. Going forward, assuming the Kimpton will settle in at 100k IHG vs the PH at 30k Hyatt, the Kimpton is relatively overpriced assuming a valuation of .5-.6 cpp per IHG point vs 1.5-ish cpp per Hyatt point. For Globalists who apply a SNA to guarantee a standard suite, a Hyatt redemption would be the far better choice in that scenario. I'm just not the type of person who'd ever pay €400 or even €800 for a hotel, but if one were to entertain that idea, I'd consider the Kimpton to be the better value.
Thank you very much for your detailed and helpful reply. I agree that it’s a good use of 40k points with the subsequent devaluation and dynamic pricing imposition.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Anyone know how long their Le Vernissage opening offer is going on? Points rooms this week dropped to 58K and thinking of trying it out for a night. Also, any chance any recent guest have used the "No More Sweatpants" secret word. Curious what they might be offering.

If I stay, will report back.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Stayed here last week at 58k points a night which I found to be a decent value.

Found the hotel very nice and the staff very enthusiastic. We had our small dog with us and the room was set with a dog bed, bowls/mat, dog toy and some "dog macaroon" treats. As a platinum was upgraded from the "Essential" room to the "Deluxe" but no other benefits offered (and the pre-opening benefits were no longer on offer). Rooms were of course pristine and we loved the very large bathroom and shower (for Paris).

I was apparently only the second guest to ever use the secret word (and the staff mentioned the first time it was used, no one knew what the guest was talking about). They offered two drinks to be taken at either the restaurant bar or rooftop bar. Was a bit disappointed given this was the official opening week as we would have preferred some memento of the hotel. However, once we actually went to use the benefit was quite happy given not a single (alcoholic) drink on the bar menu was less than EUR 21. Rooftop terrace offers a gorgeous view and definitely not to be missed....seems to already be popular with locals as well.

Breakfast was a la carte or a formulaire (which we selected) whereby you could pick a coffee, juice and a main to be served with viennoiserie for EUR 42. The food and service were both very good (and the little La Chambre aux Confitures jams very nice), but I wouldn't exactly call it value for money. We also attended the managers reception one evening which offered water or Budweiser and had a nice conversation with the (perhaps duty) manager who had come from Rosewood in London. We found the offer of Budweiser a bit strange (for a hotel in Paris) but it was nice nonetheless.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Would like to see points at 50-55k to place it well between the Indigo and the Le Grand. Looking at potential future stays, rates are all over the place (up to 100k/night sometimes...which I wouldn't consider a good use of points).
Radiation Station likes this.

Last edited by ocdb8r; Aug 29, 2021 at 9:18 am
Old Aug 29, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have a 5 night stay booked the first week of December. This would be my first time staying at a Kimpton. Can someone kindly provide a cliff notes version of the password procedure? I’m not familiar at all. Would like to know in advance what type of upgrades or amenities one can expect as Spire/Ambassador. Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I had a drink yesterday at the very pleasant rooftop bar (and was lucky with the weather): superb panoramic view, attentive and smiling staff, small selection of cocktails and finger food, trendy Parisian crowd.

Last edited by nicolas75; Sep 1, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Lobby and restaurant

FLYGVA, geo1005 and EmeraldLady like this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Splendid photos, nicolas75!

Paris me manque
nicolas75 and khabah like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:28 am

Awesome phots, staying at the end of the month for one night. Planning on the roof top bar then heading out. Any suggestions for good restaurants nearby, any budget is fine
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Just got back from a stay at the Kimpton St Honoré and it was fabulous. Upgraded to a suite, the rooftop cocktails and views were fabulous and breakfast and dinner were both great. Did spa treatments and enjoyed the pool, spa and sauna in the basement of the property.

Hands down one of the best Kimpton properties we've ever stayed at.

They are offering a 3rd night free through the end of the year through IHG Luxury & Lifestyle plus the $100 credit, daily breakfast for two, room upgrade (if available at check-in) and 2:00 PM check-out.

Pictures of our room and the hotel:

Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Just got back from a stay at the Kimpton St Honoré and it was fabulous. Upgraded to a suite, the rooftop cocktails and views were fabulous and breakfast and dinner were both great. Did spa treatments and enjoyed the pool, spa and sauna in the basement of the property.

Hands down one of the best Kimpton properties we've ever stayed at.

They are offering a 3rd night free through the end of the year through IHG Luxury & Lifestyle plus the $100 credit, daily breakfast for two, room upgrade (if available at check-in) and 2:00 PM check-out.

Pictures of our room and the hotel:

Great photos. It had the bones of a very good hotel when I stayed in August. Have they fixed the air con in the rooms yet? How did you manage to score a suite upgrade? Impressive work!
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Great photos. It had the bones of a very good hotel when I stayed in August. Have they fixed the air con in the rooms yet? How did you manage to score a suite upgrade? Impressive work!
Air con was working great during our stay and we had excellent service all around.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, considering that bcosintento is an IHG Luxury & Lifestyle program authorized travel agent (amongst many other programs) that could direct the desired clientele to the Kimpton, it makes sense to give a nice suite if available.

Property looks good overall, thanks for the report and pictures.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any thoughts on the Kimpton vs. IHG Le Grand for a non status member? Both look to be ~90K points/night (ouch, but cash rates this summer are $$$$), Kimpton is new but looks like IHG has also been recently renovated. The stay will be over Bastille day so thought maybe could see the fireworks from the Kimpton's rooftop terrace. Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.