Reasons Not To Stay At A Candlewood Suites

Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:20 pm
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wlau
I stay at Candlewood for a few reasons:
1) close to some businesses I need to visit
2) too much travel and I want to feel like home, so the studio/apartment feel is nice
3) small kitchen that I can actually cook - tired of eating out unhealthy stuff constantly
4) able to do laundry for free and they usually have several machines that can be used in parallel

Having said that, outside of a few locations near business parks, most other locations do get shady or questionable guests. If the price stays low, it makes sense but I've noticed that after the recent renovations, the prices have gone up a lot. It's at a point that I rather go to HIX and Staybridge.
There's also regular Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker
I'm not even sure why someone at IHG thought that would ever fly. The Towneplace Suites has the decency to include a door to split off the bedroom and living room, as does the Home2 Suites (IDK the Mainstay Suites).
It's not been consistent in my experience. I've stayed in several Candlewood suites where it was a proper suite. That lulled me into complacency so I didn't triple check on my last one. Was disappointed when we arrived and it was not a true suite, but given that we were there for a short overnight before flying out the next morning, I didn't pursue it.
Will Stonehocker likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:42 pm
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
It's not been consistent in my experience. I've stayed in several Candlewood suites where it was a proper suite. That lulled me into complacency so I didn't triple check on my last one. Was disappointed when we arrived and it was not a true suite, but given that we were there for a short overnight before flying out the next morning, I didn't pursue it.
Interesting story.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.