FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Mr. and Mrs. Smith bookable via IHG / no longer bookable (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2025535-mr-mrs-smith-bookable-via-ihg-no-longer-bookable.html)

nicolas75 Jan 17, 2022 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 33907159)
not sure whether there is any hope of seeing smith hotel partner brands such as Amanresorts in future

Mr and Mrs Smith Hotels are independently owned.
This is why you can find Relais & Châteaux, LHW and even design hotels on the list.

But it is unlikely to see hotels that belong to a chain (like Aman Resorts) in the near future, apart from the fact that Six Senses is also a close competitor of Aman Resorts (by the way, I have stayed at two Aman resorts, Amanzoé and Aman Venice: I had both times a pleasant stay, but I'm not sure that the price and the buzz around the brand are fully justified, and I had also excellent stays at Relais & Châteaux, Six Senses and even InterContinental hotels, with a clientèle which is less bling bling).

Kagehitokiri Jan 17, 2022 11:20 am

my list was mostly small groups, but auberge is chain with 22 properties plus 4 opening this year

smith hotels has signed some contracts with corporate headquarters, not only individual properties

not much overlap >
7 of 20 six senses overlap
9 of 33 aman overlap

interesting, while smithhotels is still used for all of their social media and at least some of their published email addresses, mr and mrs smith formerly used smithhotels.com for their US website. archive.org shows it was from 2007 to 2016. they also used smithandfamily.co.uk from 2012 to 2018. they changed both to redirect to mrandmrssmith.com

khabah Jan 24, 2022 4:15 am

I stayed at a M&MS property in Sri Lanka in October 2021, and let me just say: getting IHG to properly credit it was a DISASTER and a half - there were all kinds of issues from having the stay post in a timely manner, getting points but not the nights, getting the wrong points because I was credits in Sri Lankan rupees rather than the proper conversion, etc. Honestly, any interaction with their customer care center is a pain - nice agents, but they're robots who don't dare go off script no matter how agonizing it is... plus the structure of the call center, my goodness. *me, dials IHG Rewards number* "Oh you want IHG Rewards, no this is IHG reservations, let me transfer you." *15 minutes later* "Oh this is a Mr. & Mrs. Smith credit issue, you need to contact IHG Rewards, this is Mr. & Mrs. Smith reservations, let me transfer you to IHG Rewards." [and so on and so forth]

Possibly a rookie question, but I was wondering if one receives IHG credit books a M&MS hotel participating in IHG on the M&MS website instead of through IHG, and then attaches their IHG number to it. A few properties I'm looking at never have availability through IHG despite their participation and appearing in searches, but are plenty available through their own individual websites or through M&MS.

Thanks for the help!

khabah

nicolas75 Jan 24, 2022 5:15 am

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 33930146)
I stayed at a M&MS property in Sri Lanka in October 2021, and let me just say: getting IHG to properly credit it was a DISASTER and a half - there were all kinds of issues from having the stay post in a timely manner, getting points but not the nights, getting the wrong points because I was credits in Sri Lankan rupees rather than the proper conversion, etc.

I have had no problems receiving points after my my stays at Mr and Mrs Smith properties.
The time to update my account is just a little longer (5 days instead of 2 days generally observed after my stay).

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...aab375d6c.jpeg

I appreciate very much the GoldSmith upgrades and benefits that are given without begging as Royal Ambassador member, and make the program even more interesting.

Honestly, any interaction with their customer care center is a pain - nice agents, but they're robots who don't dare go off script no matter how agonizing it is... plus the structure of the call center, my goodness. *me, dials IHG Rewards number* "Oh you want IHG Rewards, no this is IHG reservations, let me transfer you." *15 minutes later* "Oh this is a Mr. & Mrs. Smith credit issue, you need to contact IHG Rewards, this is Mr. & Mrs. Smith reservations, let me transfer you to IHG Rewards." [and so on and so forth]

The interaction I had with the service (via email) was courteous and efficient.

I had first sent my request to the Ambassador email address, and then I was taken care of by the dedicated service.

Possibly a rookie question, but I was wondering if one receives IHG credit books a M&MS hotel participating in IHG on the M&MS website instead of through IHG, and then attaches their IHG number to it. A few properties I'm looking at never have availability through IHG despite their participation and appearing in searches, but are plenty available through their own individual websites or through M&MS.

I also observed that some destinations were advertised as not accepting reservations on ihg.com despite the property being available on the Mr and Mrs Smith site.

This was precisely the reason for my email to the Ambassador Service. The Mr and Mrs Smith service then allowed me to book the desired property at the rate displayed on the Mr and Mrs Smith website without any problem (but I still do not understand why the two systems give contradictory information for the same dates).

khabah Jan 24, 2022 5:20 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 33930216)
I have had no problems receiving points after my my stays at Mr and Mrs Smith properties.
The time to update my account is just a little longer (5 days instead of 2 days generally observed after my stay).

What I appreciate very much are the GoldSmith upgrades and benefits that are given without begging as Royal Ambassador, and makes the program even more interesting.

The interaction I had with the service (via email) was courteous and efficient.

I had first sent my request to the Ambassador email address, and then I was taken care of by the dedicated service.

I also observed that some destinations were advertised as not accepting reservations on ihg.com despite the property being available on the Mr and Mrs Smith site.

This was precisely the reason for my email to the Ambassador Service. The Mr and Mrs Smith service then allowed me to book the desired property at the rate displayed on the Mr and Mrs Smith website without any problem (but I still do not understand why the two systems give contradictory information for the same dates).

Unfortunately, the majority of us are not RAs nor do we have access to a dedicated service - I sure wish I did to make everything from points crediting to reserving stays, and receiving on-property benefits to making things easier in general. :)

Is there a workaround to this reservation issue, or is it a matter of calling into the customer service line and hoping for the best?

khabah

TheWiseOne Jan 24, 2022 5:45 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 33907177)
GoldSmith members don’t get Royal Ambassador status (and not quite sure why they should, as it is by invitation only for most loyal guests staying at Six Senses, Regent, InterContinental and Kimpton hotels).

But Royal Ambassador members get GoldSmith status.

Do Spire AMB's get Smith Silver or any recognitiom or is it only just RA's that get anything?

nicolas75 Jan 24, 2022 6:08 am

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne (Post 33930269)
Do Spire AMB's get Smith Silver or any recognitiom or is it only just RA's that get anything?

IHG Rewards members will enjoy:

10 points per $1 USD (on eligible room rates)

A BlackSmith welcome gift (subject to availability)

Bonus points on every stay (Gold Elite = 10%;
Platinum Elite = 50%; Spire Elite = 100%)

InterContinental® Ambassadors, Royal Ambassadors and Kimpton® Inner Circle members will enjoy:

A GoldSmith welcome gift (subject to availability)

Bonus points on every stay (Gold Elite = 10%; Platinum Elite = 50%; Spire Elite = 100%)

Complimentary room upgrade (up to one category higher, subject to availability upon arrival)

Source

TheWiseOne Jan 24, 2022 8:16 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 33930303)
IHG Rewards members will enjoy:

A BlackSmith welcome gift (subject to availability)

Bonus points on every stay (Gold Elite = 10%;
Platinum Elite = 50%; Spire Elite = 100%)

InterContinental® Ambassadors, Royal Ambassadors and Kimpton® Inner Circle members will enjoy:

A GoldSmith welcome gift (subject to availability)

Bonus points on every stay (Gold Elite = 10%; Platinum Elite = 50%; Spire Elite = 100%)

Complimentary room upgrade (up to one category higher, subject to availability upon arrival)

Source

Very helpful.

Thank you.

mareh Jan 25, 2022 6:52 am

I stayed a Sunday night at "Tourists" in MA on points. It popped up at the last minute late last October, and I still had an uncapped anniversary night. It's rarely available, and when it is, the points required are eye popping.

taecu Mar 11, 2022 6:55 am

last updates in Thailand.

MASON Pattaya Design Hotels All Pool Villa Resort at Pattaya.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c664c3185e.png

rlnnpt Mar 19, 2022 1:19 pm

Hi,

can anyone confirm if you can use your Ambassador free weekend night at a Mr & Mrs Smith hotel?

Thanks!

demue Mar 20, 2022 11:32 pm

Now that would be a great enhancement for IHG Rewards. So far only IC (weekend) and Regent + Kimpton (all week - though limited for 2022 IIRC).

TheWiseOne Mar 21, 2022 12:48 pm

Here is a data point for people. I had issues with a Smith booking in that I saw no availability. I then contacted Smith who could book for me but told me to contact IHG to book to get it credited as they should be able to see everything they could. IHG then went to book and said the hotel wasn't allowing them to do so (he hinted that some Smith locations where blocking them from booking.)

In the end the solution was to give me an email promising to credit the stay post check out.

From the looks of it some Smith hotels aren't happy about the IHG link up.

Traveler Dave Jun 29, 2022 2:18 am

Has anyone seen points availability open up for The Brando in FP?

Thanks
Dave

quitecontrary Jul 8, 2022 4:19 pm

Searching for Mr&Mrs Smith points availability on IHG.com in the UK various hotels come up. However at least one hotel The Swan in Chipping Norton shows availability but then when you click through it says no points availability! Any way to get round that?