Trouble Logging I

Old Sep 14, 20, 3:25 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,078
Trouble Logging In

Is anybody else having problems logging into IHG on the web.............I tried several different browsers and I can't even get a login screen

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 14, 20 at 5:13 pm
flyer4512 is online now  
Old Sep 14, 20, 6:52 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ORF
Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, WN, Marriott, Choice Diamond, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 3,632
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
Is anybody else having problems logging into IHG on the web.............I tried several different browsers and I can't even get a login screen
No problems for me at 8:45 p.m. 9/14 using Chrome.
lwildernorva is offline  
Old Sep 15, 20, 3:10 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
Is anybody else having problems logging into IHG on the web.............I tried several different browsers and I can't even get a login screen
YES! I thought I was going crazy. Could not log in yesterday, or today at all. I’ve tried Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Opera on two separate computers at two separate locations. Phone cannot log in via Safari or App either.

Same issue; log in link is not opening at all. Join link works, language change works, log in does nothing. In the app when on mobile data I get “invalid request signature” and an option to call IHG.

Very strange, I was able to reset my password, but can’t log in with it as I can’t even reach the log in page!
SlowLane is offline  
Old Sep 15, 20, 3:51 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,078
Originally Posted by SlowLane View Post
YES! I thought I was going crazy. Could not log in yesterday, or today at all. I’ve tried Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Opera on two separate computers at two separate locations. Phone cannot log in via Safari or App either.

Same issue; log in link is not opening at all. Join link works, language change works, log in does nothing. In the app when on mobile data I get “invalid request signature” and an option to call IHG.

Very strange, I was able to reset my password, but can’t log in with it as I can’t even reach the log in page!

I was able to log in on a different computer on the same network that had never accessed IHG before.........probably a cookies issue but I didn't want to clear cookies and lose all my saved logins
flyer4512 is online now  
Old Sep 18, 20, 8:23 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MN, USA
Posts: 244
I experienced the same issue using Chrome and Edge while connected to my VPN. As soon as I disconnected from my VPN, then I was able to get to the Sign In page on both browsers and logged in successfully. Seems strange though, I've never had this issue before this week.
Dadofsix is offline  
Old Sep 19, 20, 10:30 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 25,560
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
I was able to log in on a different computer on the same network that had never accessed IHG before.........probably a cookies issue but I didn't want to clear cookies and lose all my saved logins
If it's cookies, a clue would be that you could log in in an Private / Incognito window, but not a normal window.

If so, do clear your cookies. Cookies are totally separate from saved logins, and clearing cookies shouldn't disturb saved logins (it might reset Captchas or "remember this browser" stuff, but that's still different form saved logins). I know definitely in Firefox I've cleared my cookies many times for some hotel sites, and it never once touched my saved logins. (Firefox is the browser I save logins on, because there I can secure them with one Primary Password, formerly known as Master Password).
sdsearch is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread