Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG options in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh sorry, I didn't see that I had somehow left the sentence incomplete. I was referring to the swimming pool, which was really good at this hotel. I just spent some time looking up my records, and it was the Hampton by Hilton Dubai Airport. The other one I stayed at on the same trip was the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat. But it wasn't nearly as good and the pool was very small.
Andrew_G likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:18 am

No experiences with the Indigo Dubai?

Which IHG property is most generous towards Spire (Amb) status?
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 336
No experiences with the Indigo Dubai?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...er-thread.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33713642-post36.html
Old May 26, 2022, 7:55 am

Any opinions of the Voco Dubai? Looking to do an award stay there next year as a Plat as it is only 80k total for 4 nights. Was debating that vs a paid stay at the Conrad next door ($250/night) as a Diamond and through Hilton's Impresario program so would have an upgrade, daily breakfast, happy hour at the lounge, and a $100 stay credit. Looks like the Conrad pool may be a bit more 'gardeny' and shaded while the Voco pool is higher up. I'm guessing the Conrad is better overall, but if anyone has opinions on staying at one vs the other, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
barracuda93 likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:03 pm

For me the two properties are incomparable - Conrad is leagues ahead. My personal experience cannot confirm your views on the shadiness of the pool (true, there is a bit of vegetation but it is in no way obtrusive). The price you are quoting seems also unusually high to me - I have stayed in Conrad several times and never had to pay that much (actually, at most 50% of what you are quoting), especially when booking reasonably well in advance.

I had a recent (paid) 1-week stay in Dubai and had to use an IHG property (for points / status earning reasons) - my initial choice was Crowne Plaza Marina but after some disturbingly bad reviews cancelled and rebooked at Staybridge Suites Financial Center, had an amazing stay.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Any opinions of the Voco Dubai?
Thanks!
Also interested to know about Voco.

And about Crowne Plaza Dubai, is it still as bad as described in ancient posts in its dedicated thread?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
Looking for some advice on IHG hotels for a first time visitor to Dubai. I’m planning a trip next February, assuming we can travel, and have a a stash of points and a free night voucher. The trip will be an early celebration of a milestone bday, so no HIX or budget options, ideally looking at Crowne Plaza and InterContinental. Of which there are several. And maybe a few other options too, such as Voco.
So where did you end up staying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.