Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus: Extension of Ambassador Free Night Certficate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Pleasant Surprise

Sent email to Ambassador about 10 days ago asking for 10% Ambassador credit for 3 stays over 8 weeks ago. Also asked about extending my Ambassador status, expiring May 1. They obliged with the 3 month extension, so Aug 1. Doubt it will be of help. However looked just now and see a Nov 1 expiration. Anyone else? Used app, need to look on the web site to see If the free weekend night cert is also Nov 1.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Steph58
Sent email to Ambassador about 10 days ago asking for 10% Ambassador credit for 3 stays over 8 weeks ago. Also asked about extending my Ambassador status, expiring May 1. They obliged with the 3 month extension, so Aug 1. Doubt it will be of help. However looked just now and see a Nov 1 expiration. Anyone else? Used app, need to look on the web site to see If the free weekend night cert is also Nov 1.
Ambassador status was auto-extended 3 months to Sept 1 but free night cert still expires June 1. So much for the matching requirement.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Ambassador status was auto-extended 3 months to Sept 1 but free night cert still expires June 1. So much for the matching requirement.
As reported, same experience here. Ambassador status extension done by 3 months on two accounts (of two people, not same person), but certificate still showing original expiry date without the extension. Response from AMB services was that the existing certificate will expire first and only then a new one will be posted. Go figure on the various experiences by different posters, but it's IHG so we shouldn't expect consistency I guess.

Last edited by demue; Apr 23, 2020 at 12:47 am
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Possibly a silly question but my Ambassador Membership has been extended to January 2021 and my Weekend Certificate needs to be 'redeemed' by then.

By redeem does it mean I need to have actually stayed in an IC by then or does it mean I need to have used the Certificate to make a booking by January 2021 but the actual stay could be in the summer of 2021?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
It does not get used until the stay happens so you need to stay by January
Bloobell likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Six month extension

I noticed my membership had not changed so I sent an email to request it and got a response back in about 20 minutes telling me I'm updated from 1 January 2021 to 1 July 2021. So simple! I just said "I understand you have been providing Ambassador extensions" - didn't say specific time extension.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
6 month extension is helpful but not really enough. IN a normal world I would have a shot at using Amb BOGO before December (my new exp date) but not so sure now as it looks like virus resurgence is already starting.

I typically stay at city ICs but no desire to risk air travel to NY, Chicago, Boston right now and of course most of the great ICs in Europe are not currently accessible to US visitors.

Maybe I can use it at Monterey or LA
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:48 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Boraxo
6 month extension is helpful but not really enough. IN a normal world I would have a shot at using Amb BOGO before December (my new exp date) but not so sure now as it looks like virus resurgence is already starting.

I typically stay at city ICs but no desire to risk air travel to NY, Chicago, Boston right now and of course most of the great ICs in Europe are not currently accessible to US visitors.

Maybe I can use it at Monterey or LA
Similar here. We have two accounts in the family and while one is now 1 Jun 2021 and has a good chance for use of BOGO, the other is 1 Dec 2020 and looks decidedly "shaky" at best. No big fan of staycations so it would go to waste.

One option I have been considering would be to request either the one-off 2-months or 6-months extension that are mentioned in the AMB T&Cs which should also extend the certificate. As the current extensions were granted by IHG "proactively" we should still have those individual extension options at our disposal if they really decide 6-months total extension granted due to COVID-19 is enough. Let's see.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
That's a bummer.

I had a booking using my Certificate for July 2020 in Paris and have rebooked the same hotel for May 2021 as I journey en route to the Monaco Grand Prix but if that's true then extending that particular Certificate to January 2021 is of no use to me :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.