Holiday Inn Express Raunheim - FRA (Master Thread)

Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Holiday Inn Express Raunheim - FRA (Master Thread)

Anyone try the relatively new Holiday Inn Express Raunheim near FRA airport yet? Prices are much cheaper than Holiday Inn Airport (Gateway Gardens) and same as HIX Waldorf-Moerfelden. Have a night booked there next week before a flight out of FRA and trying to decide if I should stay there or at the Moxy Gateway Gardens which is the same price....I’m not a big Moxy. I will have a car so location not so important.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...hm/hoteldetail
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:48 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
I will assume the shuttle service is not very frequent. Plus 5 EUR fee to use it from the hotel.
I will not try this one anytime soon.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:00 am
Original Poster

@fransknorge.....the fee to get from the hotel to the airport is charged by almost every hotel near FRA....Gateway Gardens, Raunheim and Kelsterbach, etc....so I guess you are not staying at a hotel anywhere near the airport if the 5 Euro fee is a determining factor for you.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jul 3, 2022 at 4:04 am Reason: deleted reference to deleted post
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:05 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I usually stay at the HGI or Hilton, which makes the point moot as they are attached to the terminal. But I stayed several times at the HI and ParkInn and never paid the shuttle for them.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge
But I stayed several times at the HI and ParkInn and never paid the shuttle for them.

Then consider yourself lucky as they both charge to get BACK to the airport.

I would also pick the Hilton or the HGI over the HIX but the price is more than double for the HGI (Euro 112) and close to 3x for the Hilton (Euro158)... HIX Raunheim rate is Euro 63.

Last edited by christianj; Aug 21, 2019 at 11:20 am
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:28 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

The charge is waived for IHG members at the HI
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Did anyone ever stay at the HIX Raunheim and can report back?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:39 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Stayed here multiple times but only with own car..
it's the standard new hiex... nothing to complain. Supermarket next door and a nice Vietnamese restaurant in the city :-)
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cln
Stayed here multiple times but only with own car..
it's the standard new hiex... nothing to complain. Supermarket next door and a nice Vietnamese restaurant in the city :-)
Thanks! Will have a car so that is why I am considering it and there is an award room available while the HI does not. Have you stayed at the HI in Gateway Gardens near Terminal 2? If so, how do they compare?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Thanks! Will have a car so that is why I am considering it and there is an award room available while the HI does not. Have you stayed at the HI in Gateway Gardens near Terminal 2? If so, how do they compare?
The HI is overrun and short-staffed at the moment. They hardly cope, every service is pared back to whatever they can achieve with current staffing levels, except the price of course. If you have a car I wouldn't bother. You'll be better off at HIX Raunheim or HIX Offenbach.
christianj likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
The HI is overrun and short-staffed at the moment.
That's too bad. The HI and the Hampton next door have the same owner and some shared staff. I've been treated well in both in the past. But I haven't stayed since the start of the crazy airport meltdown in Germany which began a few weeks ago.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Then consider yourself lucky as they both charge to get BACK to the airport.
It makes absolutely no sense to take the hotel shuttle from Gateway Gardens to the airport.

If you are flying from T2, just walk. It's like 7 min from the closer hotels such as HI and Hampton and a few minutes longer from the HP or Moxy.
If flying from T1, just take the S-Bahn. If you don't have a 9 ticket anyway, it's just a short-haul ticket that costs like 2. It's one stop with the S-Bahn. 2 min ride, roughly one train every 10 min.

Not only much higher frequency than the shuttle bus, but cheaper, too. Finally, the HP is right next to the train station. And PI and such are fairly close, too (just walk through that little park).
cln likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffgap
It makes absolutely no sense to take the hotel shuttle from Gateway Gardens to the airport.

If you are flying from T2, just walk. It's like 7 min from the closer hotels such as HI and Hampton and a few minutes longer from the HP or Moxy.
If flying from T1, just take the S-Bahn. If you don't have a 9€ ticket anyway, it's just a short-haul ticket that costs like 2€. It's one stop with the S-Bahn. 2 min ride, roughly one train every 10 min.

Not only much higher frequency than the shuttle bus, but cheaper, too. Finally, the HP is right next to the train station. And PI and such are fairly close, too (just walk through that little park).
Just so you know....you commented on a post from 2019.

For me personally it is worth the minimal additional cost of 3 Euro (5 for shuttle and 2 for S-Bahn) to take the shuttle bus back to T1 instead of lugging my stuff to the S-Bahn station and then onto the S-Bahn. Walking to T2 on a nice day is a different story but I rarely fly out of T2 since I am almost always on a Star Alliance flight out of T1. I've stayed at pretty much every hotel in the area (except for the Meininger) even back to the day when the Park Inn was the only hotel in the area.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Just had a quick one night stay here and wanted to update the thread. Probably the nicest HIX I have ever stayed in with pleasant friendly staff. Location close to airport but you would need a car to stay here. Not many food options around but I found the small menu in the hotel was ok for the one night stay. Nice free breakfast and in line with what you would typically get in a hotel of this class in Germany. Can't really say anything negative and would consider it over the HI Gateway Gardens for future stays....especially if the price was less. I have also stayed at the HIX Waldorf which is south of the airport and this HIX is nicer since it is more recently built and has nicer common areas and rooms. Couple of room pics:

tom tulpe and FLYGVA like this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Just had another stay here before a return flight to the US and I continue to be impressed by the facility and the staff. For the Euro 102 price I paid, it was miles above the experience I have had at any other IHG properties in the area. Super clean comfortable rooms and a nice breakfast spread that most of the other IHG options in FRA will charge you an extra Euro 14 for. If all HIX properties were like this (especially in the US), I would be sold on the brand.
FLYGVA likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.