Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does the $30 Kimpton La Peer resort fee apply to award nights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Question Does the $30 Kimpton La Peer resort fee apply to award nights?

While booking the Kimpton La Peer, I saw $30 + tax for resort fee. However, I don't see any mention of it in the booking confirmation e-mail of my award stay for next month.

Does the $30 Kimpton La Peer resort fee apply to Chase annual award night booking? If so, is it paid upon check-in?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
AFAIK only Hilton explicitly exempts you from paying resort fees when using points / free night certificates.
hightide likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist, MARRIOTT Platinum Elite, HILTON Diamond
@craigthemif

Originally Posted by hightide
While booking the Kimpton La Peer, I saw $30 + tax for resort fee. However, I don't see any mention of it in the booking confirmation e-mail of my award stay for next month.

Does the $30 Kimpton La Peer resort fee apply to Chase annual award night booking? If so, is it paid upon check-in?
Did you end up paying the resort fees ? I will be in that hotel next week so I was wondering as I came across a post stating that it should be included.

flyertalk.com/forum/24974904-post7.html

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by varlakov
@craigthemif

Did you end up paying the resort fees ? I will be in that hotel next week so I was wondering as I came across a post stating that it should be included.

Thanks!
Earlier this year, they tried to charge it. I explained that my confirmation didn't show any fee due, and they waived it without issue (after explaining all the wonderful things I'd be missing by not paying the fee )
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by varlakov
@craigthemif

Thanks!
Yes, I did end up getting charged just under $35 for the resort fee.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Yes and No

At check in I asked because I had one night with Chase free night and one using 70K points. Agent was adamant that the $34 fee applied. No mention of the $20 credit for breakfast at the restaurant. It's listed in the reservation plus there was a small card with miniscule print in the key packet that mentioned it. So, after having a very unsatisfying $120 lunch at the restaurant, we went there for a light $40/2 breakfast. Complimentary coffee in the lobby was undrinkable--like water--so we needed coffee. At check out I noticed no $20/day breakfast credit, front desk agent said no resort fee on free nights, you weren't charged. What??!!!! We wouldn't have eaten there if I'd known that. Just one more example of the poor service at the La Peer during our stay.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:59 am
Suspended

Last edited by Comatose.Captain; Feb 15, 2020 at 11:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.