Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regent Berlin, Presidential Suite for 50K points

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Regent Berlin, Presidential Suite for 50K points

I'm staying in my first ever presidential suite and have to gloat a bit.

When Regent hotels were first bookable with IHG, they misloaded the points inventory and made ALL rooms bookable for the standard points per night. Of course I had to snag a $4000 presidential suite for just 50K points. Very impressed with them for honoring the rate, as I emailed the hotel a few days before the stay just to confirm.
​​​​​​
Fifteen minutes into the stay and I'm still discovering random rooms that I didn't know existed. The room just oozes old school luxury. Crystal chandeliers, giant marble bathroom, antique writing desk, yet everything feels perfectly maintained. It feels like something Captain Von Trapp would stay at 😂.

No sign of the promised welcome bottle of champagne or chocolates yet, but at this "price" I can't really complain.
IAMORGAN, turner32 and 355F1 like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
[QUOTE=standbyalldtime;31108490]I'm staying in my first ever presidential suite and have to gloat a bit.

When Regent hotels were first bookable with IHG, they misloaded the points inventory and made ALL rooms bookable for the standard points per night. Of course I had to snag a $4000 presidential suite for just 50K points. Very impressed with them for honoring the rate, as I emailed the hotel a few days before the stay just to confirm.
​​​​​​
Fifteen minutes into the stay and I'm still discovering random rooms that I didn't know existed. The room just oozes old school luxury. Crystal chandeliers, giant marble bathroom, antique writing desk, yet everything feels perfectly maintained. It feels like something Captain Von Trapp would stay at 😂.

No sign of the promised welcome bottle of champagne or chocolates yet, but at this "price" I can't really complain.[/QUOTE

Hotel being good enough to honour the error will treat/account that booking as a normal standard award night basic room with ex-gratia foc upgrade to the mistake rate room/suite.

Any bennies normally marketed with such top suites such as ...personal buttler/airport limo xfer/chauffer/champagne etc, will as standard only apply where guests books paid night for room, and not apply to foc upgrades, even if book paid 1cat below

Last edited by scubaccr; May 16, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Old May 18, 2019, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
I'm staying in my first ever presidential suite and have to gloat a bit.

​​​​​​
Fifteen minutes into the stay and I'm still discovering random rooms that I didn't know existed. The room just oozes old school luxury. Crystal chandeliers, giant marble bathroom, antique writing desk, yet everything feels perfectly maintained. It feels like something Captain Von Trapp would stay at ��.

No sign of the promised welcome bottle of champagne or chocolates yet, but at this "price" I can't really complain.
Hotel being good enough to honour the error will treat/account that booking as a normal standard award night basic room with ex-gratia foc upgrade to the mistake rate room/suite.

Any bennies normally marketed with such top suites such as ...personal buttler/airport limo xfer/chauffer/champagne etc, will as standard only apply where guests books paid night for room, and not apply to foc upgrades, even if book paid 1cat below
I am all with you in your posts against guest who feel too entitled, but here is do not agree at all.

Why so harsh?

If the hotel advertised the room, with these benefits, and choose to set the sales price in all liberty at 50 000 points, why wouldn't they need to honour it?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 4:25 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Since we do not have an official Regent Berlin master thread, we should change the title of this one.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:04 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Pics....???
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:17 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

This thread will be closed, as the (kind of) error rate was a once only situation.

I have moved those posts, which also dealt with the hotels to its own thread which was named Regent Berlin (Master Thread). It could be found here; https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...er-thread.html

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.