Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by dgparent
No wonder I never stay at this brand it is worse than Marriott when I try to register I get

We appreciate your loyalty. Please see IHG® Rewards Club offers available now.
Same here

Update: I was just told by Rewards-assistance that the current promo is targeted and I should have received an email invitation.

Last edited by Travelomania; May 6, 2019 at 7:40 am
Old May 6, 2019, 10:07 am

Do AMB rate stays (i.e., weekend stays booked with the AMB voucher) count for Accelerate?
Old May 6, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
Originally Posted by lipsum
Do AMB rate stays (i.e., weekend stays booked with the AMB voucher) count for Accelerate?
count for Accelerate
lipsum likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just tried registering since I have a 5 night HIX stay starting tomorrow night. When I click on the Register button, nothing seems to happen. Tried both Firefox and Edge.

So I called customer service, and the agent I spoke with said that she registered me. But I am not seeing any obvious sign of it. How am I supposed to access the dashboard showing what hoops I am to jump through for the bonus points?
Old May 6, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
My P+C task shows completed after booking reservation for a stay two months from now.

I was tempted to cancel it just to see what happens to the Accelerate task.

But as the lowest room rate at the hotel increased $60 from 12 hours earlier, I was afraid that if I canceled the P+C night that I might not be able to rebook it again.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by amanuensis
I just tried registering since I have a 5 night HIX stay starting tomorrow night. When I click on the Register button, nothing seems to happen. Tried both Firefox and Edge.

So I called customer service, and the agent I spoke with said that she registered me. But I am not seeing any obvious sign of it. How am I supposed to access the dashboard showing what hoops I am to jump through for the bonus points?
That was like that for me for since he beginning till a few days ago. It was blank. But now it shows all my tasks.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by satori
My P+C task shows completed after booking reservation for a stay two months from now.

When you cancel the money portion comes back in points right? Not cash?

I see a 20k room that I can book. Or 10k + $66. If I book it and cancel. I’m essentially buying 10k points for $66.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
So I have not really stayed at IHG for 2 years and therefore I got a good offer again last round, which I also completed. Now then, with the newest promo, it is back to lousy one again and I will ignore it.

Ha, this IHG game is so transparent like an open book.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow, I'm a rather loyal IHG member, perennial Spire/RA, and for the first time since they began Accelerate I am being shut out of a promo.

4,800 Stay at Crowne Plaza®
Stay at 2 Crowne Plaza® hotel(s) and earn 4,800 bonus points.

4,800 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 3 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 4,800 bonus points. Terms

6,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

I am home on the weekends, am only staying at IC's during this period, and rarely ever can do bonus packages. No bonuses for me during this period!

Meanwhile I've recently done about 15 nights with Marriott earning double points in their program.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Wow, I'm a rather loyal IHG member, perennial Spire/RA, and for the first time since they began Accelerate I am being shut out of a promo.

4,800 Stay at Crowne Plaza®
Stay at 2 Crowne Plaza® hotel(s) and earn 4,800 bonus points.

Meanwhile I've recently done about 15 nights with Marriott earning double points in their program.

why cant you stay at 2 crown plaza?

Wow only home on weekends? What job do you have that you’re literally on the road all the time? Sounds like fun
Old May 7, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RedElmo

why cant you stay at 2 crown plaza?

Wow only home on weekends? What job do you have that you’re literally on the road all the time? Sounds like fun
It's only 4800 points so not worth changing any plans. If it was 48,000, then I might.

It's just me and many thousands of other consultants and salespeople who travel like this. A great many Flyertalkers too.
RedElmo likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by satori

But as the lowest room rate at the hotel increased $60 from 12 hours earlier, I was afraid that if I canceled the P+C night that I might not be able to rebook it again.
You can cancel anything once the target has triggered. IHG's IT looks for the purchase of points with P+C, not the consumption of a reward night.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Dashboard not updating

I've just completed my first stay for this promo. The points have posted OK on my account activity as a qualifying stay but my dashboard hasn't updates with a percentage used. Anyone else had similar (or otherwise)?
Old May 8, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by martinrennard
I've just completed my first stay for this promo. The points have posted OK on my account activity as a qualifying stay but my dashboard hasn't updates with a percentage used. Anyone else had similar (or otherwise)?
Have similar issue. Had stays on the second and third of may. Points posted next day, no dashboard update ever since.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You can cancel anything once the target has triggered. IHG's IT looks for the purchase of points with P+C, not the consumption of a reward night.
i had a similar task and booked the stay. The task has been marked as completed but task points have yet to be posted to account. Any idea when it will post as I was thinking of cancelling the stay. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.