Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
One of my promos is the book with points + cash promo.
I know that full points nights do NOT count towards any other promo, such as stay at 6 different hotels. Do the points + cash nights count towards this? Trying to see if I can knock two items off in 1 night or if I need to pay for this one since it's not one of my usual hotels and will get me closer to the 6

My full offer (total 62k points)
10,800 - stay 3 weekends including saturday and other night
4,500 - stay for less (1 night points + cash)
16,800 - stay at 6 IHG hotels
5,200 - stay 5 times using corporate rate
4,000 - 1 stay of 4 nights or longer
20,700 - complete 5/5 above
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by bchandler02
I know that full points nights do NOT count towards any other promo, such as stay at 6 different hotels. Do the points + cash nights count towards this? Trying to see if I can knock two items off in 1 night
Good question. Similarly I have a target of staying at 5 IHG brands and a points+cash target, and am wondering whether I could use a points+cash night to knock off one brand.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
In my case, a points & cash stay would also satisfy the requirements of other tasks, such as stay at a certain brand or stay at a certain time.

edit to note: others feel strongly that this is incorrect as it did not work with regards to their personal tasks so do not accept it as fact, simply check after a P&C stay and see if it satisfied other requirements.

Last edited by redreeper; May 1, 2019 at 10:26 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:41 am

Not much in the way of a Achievement Bonus.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:02 am

Basically the "stay at 2 brands get 8800 points" element is the only one I can do. Pretty sad.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:10 am

Just get a blank page here.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bchandler02
I know that full points nights do NOT count towards any other promo, such as stay at 6 different hotels. Do the points + cash nights count towards this? Trying to see if I can knock two items off in 1 night or if I need to pay for this one since it's not one of my usual hotels and will get me closer to the 6

My full offer (total 62k points)
10,800 - stay 3 weekends including saturday and other night
4,500 - stay for less (1 night points + cash)
16,800 - stay at 6 IHG hotels
5,200 - stay 5 times using corporate rate
4,000 - 1 stay of 4 nights or longer
20,700 - complete 5/5 above
Absolutely not. It is a non-qualifying rate. All you are doing is purchasing points which is the trigger for your other task.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by redreeper
In my case, a points & cash stay would also satisfy the requirements of other tasks, such as stay at a certain brand or stay at a certain time.
Points + cash is a non-qualifying rate (it is the same as a reward night). It will not satisfy the requirements of staying at a brand or certain time.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Philodemus

Good question. Similarly I have a target of staying at 5 IHG brands and a points+cash target, and am wondering whether I could use a points+cash night to knock off one brand.
No. Absolutely not. The stay will post as a non-qualifying rate and not satisfy any other task. The stay is not what is triggering your fulfilling your task, it is the purchasing of points.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Still blank page..
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RedElmo

Getting similar error.

When I go through my account and click on promotion it is blank. Dont know my offer.
Same for me. I've e-mailed the Ambassador team and they've not come back with anything useful yet apart from keep trying over the next 48 hours.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Count me as one who registered, was told I'm not eligible (based on my current earning preference), received the confirmatory email, and the offers page has nothing personalized.

Originally Posted by UKDegsy
Looks like it is still virtually impossible to get fired from the IHG Software Support Team
Well put.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by CalItalian
No. Absolutely not. The stay will post as a non-qualifying rate and not satisfy any other task. The stay is not what is triggering your fulfilling your task, it is the purchasing of points.
I thought I remembered these being coded as a reward night, but I haven't done it in forever as I have enough points.
I'll save this task for a hotel that I stay at frequently.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
My apologies if my response was incorrect. However, for real, I had "Stay 2 times with points and cash" and "Stay at 3 brands" and they did cross over for qualification. The points and cash nights did satisfy the brand requirement.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
4 brands = 16,800
2 Holiday Inns = 5,600
2 weekends = 5,600
1 Points & Cash = 4,500
2 Bonus Points Packages = 6,600
1 x 4-night stay = 4,000

No achievement bonus.

Theoretically, the whole 43,100 could be done in 9 nights (or 7 nights without the 4k for the 4-nighter). Can't see myself bothering with the 4 brands, so forget that.

Cherry picking the easy stackable ones leaves me with 2 x 2-night weekends at HIs, booked as bonus packages, for 17,800. Hmm, maybe. But I'm not going out of my way for it.

Looks like I'm dropping to Gold this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.