Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I have a question. Does a stay using points and cash qualify as a stay with the promotion? I know just a points reservation does not qualify
Thanks
Old May 30, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sanFF
I have a question. Does a stay using points and cash qualify as a stay with the promotion? I know just a points reservation does not qualify
Thanks
No. Points and cash is a points reservation. If points + cash was one of your tasks, it would only count toward the task not as a stay.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by xenole
I've been waiting 2-3 weeks for 10,800 points for staying at 3 brands.
Just booked a stay for this weekend using points + cash so will see when the 4500 points for that post.
Could pick up a Ł59 Crowne Plaza on Sunday to complete my "2 stays at Crowne Plaza hotels" for 8400 points.

Not sure if my Fri / Sat night points + cash counts as my second weekend stay to complete that task.

Only leaves me the "2 stays of 4 nights" one if the above complete.
Points + cash is the same as a points reservation. It is a non-qualifying stay. You will not get any stay or task credit for it under the promotion.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Bretmd

The points were posted at booking. It listed 9500 points added to my account (5000 purchased from the booking+4500 from the promotion) at that time. So, the bonus points were bundled together with the purchased points.

Since I booked the day of my stay, it was non refundable at that point. However, in the past, accelerate points have posted days (or weeks or months) after the stay was completed. So, this was notable.
This is the way IHG posts promotional points now (bundled with your stay or task that triggers the awarding of points). It started during the last Accelerate promo.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
This is the way IHG posts promotional points now (bundled with your stay or task that triggers the awarding of points). It started during the last Accelerate promo.
I made two points+cash bookings. None of them triggered the awarding of 4500 points instantly as other users had reported.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by CalItalian
That's how it worked for my first completed task, but since then, nothing at the same time as the points for the stays have posted, or by themselves.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
A new task named as "June Bonus Offer" is showing up in my dashboard:Stay once in June and get 2,000 bonus points.....
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by dagangwood
A new task named as "June Bonus Offer" is showing up in my dashboard:Stay once in June and get 2,000 bonus points.....
I also have had this offer pop into my dashboard. Funny thing is now the achievement bonus has changed and now states to finish 3 of 4 offers and the June stay counts toward the achievement bonus
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I got the June Offer too.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by stillontheroad
I also have had this offer pop into my dashboard. Funny thing is now the achievement bonus has changed and now states to finish 3 of 4 offers and the June stay counts toward the achievement bonus
Same for me. Now that it looks like I can omit one of the harder tasks for this easier one, I’m now considering trying to get the achievement bonus.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I thought I'd see if I got the June stay offer, so I logged into My Account. Is there a link to my dashboard available from My Account? I couldn't find one.

FlyerTalk to the rescue. I came to this thread and found a link. Yes, I got the June stay offer, and my bonus changed from 3 of 3 to 3 of 4.

But one of my offers was to use the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card to pay for a stay. I did this about three weeks ago, but it is not showing as a completed task. The terms say to allow 4 - 8 weeks for the points to post, but does that also mean to wait that long for the task to change to completed?

Thanks for any info.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by serpens
I thought I'd see if I got the June stay offer, so I logged into My Account. Is there a link to my dashboard available from My Account? I couldn't find one.

FlyerTalk to the rescue. I came to this thread and found a link. Yes, I got the June stay offer, and my bonus changed from 3 of 3 to 3 of 4.

But one of my offers was to use the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card to pay for a stay. I did this about three weeks ago, but it is not showing as a completed task. The terms say to allow 4 - 8 weeks for the points to post, but does that also mean to wait that long for the task to change to completed?

Thanks for any info.
For me the items requiring a credit card transaction usually clear on the dashboard after the charge has been billed by the credit card. Sometimes it takes until the bill is paid to clear on the dashboard
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stillontheroad
For me the items requiring a credit card transaction usually clear on the dashboard after the charge has been billed by the credit card. Sometimes it takes until the bill is paid to clear on the dashboard
Thanks, stillontheroad. The transaction does appear on the credit card, but the credit card has not been paid. I'll see what happens after I pay the credit card.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by dagangwood
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I got the June Offer too.
Interesting. I did not. Probably since I already had a June reservation booked.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
No June offer for me either, and still no sign of any Accelerate points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.