Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regent Canggu Bali (Pre-opening thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:37 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by clubeurope
[... ]
Having said that, I do agree in the sense that the renderings look rather unRegent-like. I've been staying at Regents for a while now, and in my opinion, Regent's colour palette has always come across more like warm shades of brown instead of blues or greens. Granted, I've only stayed at the old 'legacy' Regents, Formosa's Regent Sanur, as well as the hotels that later opened as a Four Seasons.

Like you, I was very delighted to hear of IHG's plans to reflag the HK IC back into a Regent. I recall Formosa's Steven Pan one time saying that he really longed for a property that shares a similar characteristic and location as the IC. Of course, that was practically impossible then, but lo and behold, the grand dame is coming back.
Enough greens to convince you?

Old Sep 30, 2021, 8:16 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Enough greens to convince you?

sure has

note that I haven’t been back at a rebranded Regent, so that probably shaped my sentiments
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:38 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Regent Bali now finally showing as an upcoming property on the Regent website, along with Regent HK and Jakarta.
nicolas75 and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 2:42 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Adjusted the thread title that the hotel will open as Regent
clubeurope likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Slated to open in Q3 2023, Regent Hotels & Resorts’ first resort in Indonesia, Regent Bali Canggu, will offer 150 guestrooms.

Last edited by nicolas75; Dec 21, 2022 at 8:01 am
Old Jun 8, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Now appearing in the search results for Bali with a Jan 01, 2025 opening date
Old Jun 8, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Temedar
Now appearing in the search results for Bali with a Jan 01, 2025 opening date
Thanks, entirely expected to be honest. Even that date may not be the last and final one. As long as it eventually opens we just have to be patient I guess.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 3:48 pm

Opening date now showing as 1st July 2024, believe only when it's opened!

Another IHG property now showing for Canggu, opening 31st March 2024. Holiday Inn Resort Bali Canggu

Does anyone know anything about it? Seems to have come out of nowhere, haven't seen in mentioned anywhere until just appearing on IHG.com.
lautaro likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
There were a lot of constructions in Canggu when I was there during the 2nd part of June.
There was also so much traffic all over Bali - not sure that I will be back in this island I've been fond of, for a long time.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 3:03 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Finishing the construction is one challenge. Staffing a new hotel like this one, especially in this luxury resort space where you can't just hire anyone of the street, is the other major problem. I know of properties that delayed opening for months even though the hotel / resort was operationally ready, due to not being able to attract & retain the required staffing. Let's see, if this opens in 2024 it'll be an achievement .
Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by demue
Finishing the construction is one challenge. Staffing a new hotel like this one, especially in this luxury resort space where you can't just hire anyone of the street, is the other major problem. I know of properties that delayed opening for months even though the hotel / resort was operationally ready, due to not being able to attract & retain the required staffing. Let's see, if this opens in 2024 it'll be an achievement .
The property is still looking for staff for a few positions for its pre-opening stage:

https://careers.ihg.com/en/search-an...ia&region=bali

Last edited by UASPG; Sep 11, 2023 at 4:16 pm
Old Sep 9, 2023, 5:21 pm
CGJ

Originally Posted by demue
Hopefully everything goes according to plan.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by oxfordjames
Opening date now showing as 1st July 2024, believe only when it's opened!

Another IHG property now showing for Canggu, opening 31st March 2024. Holiday Inn Resort Bali Canggu

Does anyone know anything about it? Seems to have come out of nowhere, haven't seen in mentioned anywhere until just appearing on IHG.com.
Are you sure it will be opening as of 1ste July 2024?
As nothing is bookable for July/August/September 2024.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by daruda
Are you sure it will be opening as of 1ste July 2024?
As nothing is bookable for July/August/September 2024.
It used to say 1st July when you pulled up Bali hotels for booking, but that has been removed and nothing is mentioned for now. They are probably trying to figure out what new "aspirational" date they want to put before changing that as well a while after.

I'm booked at the new to be Vignette Collection property Rumah Luwih that is at least a build hotel, but also planned to undergo renovations so not holding my breath that it'll be actually available and have a back up in place just in case. Too risky otherwise for my taste.

If Regent does come online and allow room bookings (the HI Resort Canggu is bookable in Summer 2024 for now), I would still recommend making a refundable booking someplace else as a backup. YMMV.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 11:26 pm

Not surprised that it will be delayed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.