FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1948458-please-post-your-rewards-club-experiences-2019-a.html)

DavidDTW Dec 9, 2019 8:35 am

Holiday Inn Paris Opera Grand Blvds

What is your Priority Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard double requested high floor, received same. Front desk specifically mentioned the high floor request, but not sure if that is considered an upgrade.

How are the rooms? Room was not huge, but a good size for an older building in central Paris.

How is the exec. lounge? n/a

What was good and what was bad? Great location, with a 10-15 minute walk to either Opera, Louvre, or Les Halles. The Grand Blvds Metro station is directly outside the front entrance, but closed for the transit strike. Room did not feel cramped, and had a full sized bathroom (with walk in shower, not tub) and the bed was comfortable. Lots of power outlets. Soft close drawers in the dresser/armoire, and a mini bar fridge with extra space for a few bottles of your own water/soda/juice. Friendly and helpful staff. Did not eat breakfast there, but buffet is 18 euros or continental for 9. At check in I was offered a prepaid option of 15 euros for the buffet.

My room faced the Boulevard and looked larger than those opposite based of the floor plan posted, but was kind of noisy during busy times. On the weekend, that can extend into late evening and early morning hours. The shower stall had very low water pressure and the wand did not have an adjustable spray. This being an older building, the hallways are narrow, with low ceilings, and some steps between rooms on the same floor. Wifi slow at times.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Average value, I guess, I liked the location and paid what I consider a reasonable rate (for Paris). I would go back, but not without considering other IHG options in the city.

bruce80 Dec 9, 2019 3:50 pm

Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

What is your Priority Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Well, it was alright

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Junior Suite and received that.

How are the rooms? Room was very spacious (but sizes, even within the same category, may vary). Looking down onto a 6-lane motorway with a big junction.

How is the exec. lounge? Executive lounge is located in the atrium of the north-west wing, and has a good size. Offerings during happy hour excellent (and lots of staff), otherwise just ok. Breakfast sub-par, but guests with executive rooms can choose to take their breakfast in the main restaurant as well.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

- very spacious room
- convenient location near metro (~300m walk)
- reasonable rate
- two pieces of free laundry per day for executive room guests

Bad:
- room hat a weird, flowery smell, which was probably used to cover an otherwise damp carpet odor
- no real status benefits (apart from welcome points)
- long wait times for breakfast during the weekend

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Considering the generally high hotel prices in Singapore, it was a good deal. This was my second stay, and I probably would return if I don't need much more than a bed.

Skyline Dec 16, 2019 1:29 pm

voco:Oxford Thames

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes - very pleased

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard Room (Chase Free Night) and upgraded to Deluxe 1 King Bed

How are the rooms?The room was very well appointed. Received a personalized welcome card and a small box of chocolates.I appreciated the fresh milk in the fridge for tea, and also a couple of packets of biscuits (cookies). The bathroom was clean and the bath long enough to relax in. The bed was comfortable. Fixtures had a nice touch.

How is the exec. lounge? Not applicable. There is a large hall area as you enter the reception area. Nice to sit down by the fire wit a pint!

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

- Recognized as a Priority Club Status and offered nice room upgrade and 500 welcome points
- Decent breakfast with fried eggs cooked to order. Note pre-book at reception as it was $12
- Clean and well appointed rooms

Bad:
- None that I could see

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Booked on a Chase Card Free Night so definitely of value (otherwise 40K points) Not sure if I would return as it was a stopover from a long-haul flight to the west country.

FLYGVA Dec 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Fellow Flyertalker,

we would like to thank everybody for the contribution to this thread. As we are about to start a new year, we already have created a new thread for the experiences 2020. This new thread could be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...es-2020-a.html

The overview has list of the post of the previous year(s), which link to the posts of 2019. We are closing the this thread for now and unstick it

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum