Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker688786
Ambassador programme will change on 1st February 2019. This will start with Royal Ambassador's benefits. Then, all other Ambassador will have new benefits from 1st March 2019.

For Royal Ambassadors, the new benefits starts from 1st FEB 2019 will be:
  1. EARLY CHECK-IN from 10AM (instead of 8AM)
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY [CONFIRMED AS IN GREATER CHINA REGION ONLY, On 1st March, it seems IHG quietly made a U-turn again, now this benefit only APPLIES TO IC HOTELS IN MAINLAND CHINA ONLY, Hong Kong IC hotels are excluded on the last minute U-turn.]
  3. UP TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY FULL BREAKFASTS PER DAY IF THERE IS NO CLUB LOUNGE
  4. UPTO 50USD/200RMB/400HKD MINIBAR CREDIT PER DAY (200USD/800RMB/1600HKD PER STAY MAX)
  5. WAIVED DESTINATION/AMENITY FEES
  6. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  7. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE (See below)
  8. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  9. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP

For all other Ambassadors, the new benefit starts on 1st MARCH 2019:
  1. GUARANTEED PLATINUM ELITE STATUS IN IHG REWARDS CLUB
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  3. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  4. WELCOME FRUIT PLATTER (instead of welcome fruits and gifts) <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  5. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
• One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
• 15% discount on restaurants and bars

AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GURANTEE work as bellow:
  1. Guaranteed Room Upgrade: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  2. 16:00 (4p.m.) Late Check-out: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  3. New Club InterContinental Lounge Access or alternative Club experience: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit of USD100 per night, not exceeding the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value, applies to Royal Ambassador only.
Print Wikipost

Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Club part not counting as qualified spend?

Hi all,

Apologies if this was discussed already, I was not able to find an answer.

I am trying to figure out is there a change where the Club part of Club room is excluded from the qualified spend as per the new rules.

I had a stay beginning of February for 2 nights at IC Dusseldorf and have 140EUR listed as Non Revenue (0% VAT). I did not use anything but 7EUR from the minibar which was covered by the new 15EUR credit and the Club lady advised the new rules are already in place.

It is also strange that I have F&B listed without visiting anything but the lounge, however the total match what I booked which is fine for me.

Does somebody know what is the AMB IC Dusseldorf Club rate? If it is 70EUR/night this match my number and looks like the club part is excluded from the qualified spend

Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:31 pm

Difference between Best Flexible / Advance Saver Rates Standard Room <-> Club Room is ca. 90 / 70 EUR. Got always all the correct amount of points, when I was Ambassadors and booked club room directly. But only about 5% of the whole spend was club part with 19% VAT. There were problems when I payed club charge upon check in. Take a look at your invoice, if everything is correct, and reach out to service centre if you miss the points.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Cielito_
Difference between Best Flexible / Advance Saver Rates Standard Room <-> Club Room is ca. 90 / 70 EUR. Got always all the correct amount of points, when I was Ambassadors and booked club room directly. But only about 5% of the whole spend was club part with 19% VAT. There were problems when I payed club charge upon check in. Take a look at your invoice, if everything is correct, and reach out to service centre if you miss the points.
Hi Cielito_,

Thanks, the 19% VAT total is 59EUR for 2 nights so 29.5EUR/night
I got the points always as well when I booked club room directly in the past (this was club room booking).

The 140EUR is listed as Total Net (0%) and on the next line as Non Revenue.

I will reach out to the service center.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by koriobg
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out is there a change where the Club part of Club room is excluded from the qualified spend as per the new rules.

I had a stay beginning of February for 2 nights at IC Dusseldorf and have 140EUR listed as Non Revenue (0% VAT). I did not use anything but 7EUR from the minibar which was covered by the new 15EUR credit and the Club lady advised the new rules are already in place.

It is also strange that I have F&B listed without visiting anything but the lounge, however the total match what I booked which is fine for me.

Does somebody know what is the AMB IC Dusseldorf Club rate? If it is 70EUR/night this match my number and looks like the club part is excluded from the qualified spend

Thank you in advance.
Staying at the IC Dusseldorf tonight, Spire Ambassador, and earlier added Club for 80EUR/night for up to 2 people.
Didn't get any welcome amenity on check-in either!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by koriobg
Hi all,

Thank you in advance.
Lounge Access cost is always part of room cost, whether booked upfront with ones reservation or via upsell at hotel. As long as part of paid-qual-rate night, even if upsell, lounge access cost should earn points.

Unlike paid nights, if upselling on award , since lounge is then added into room rate which is non-qual rate, no points accrue for upsell $$$s. (Same applies to room cat upsell on award stays)
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by km8678
Staying at the IC Dusseldorf tonight, Spire Ambassador, and earlier added Club for 80EUR/night for up to 2 people.
Didn't get any welcome amenity on check-in either!
I received 600 points (same status) + fruit plate (maybe they forgot, It happened to me last year?). I had a quick talk with the Club lady and she advised they are keeping the fruits for the Ambassadors as their hotel policy.

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Lounge Access cost is always part of room cost, whether booked upfront with ones reservation or via upsell at hotel. As long as part of paid-qual-rate night, even if upsell, lounge access cost should earn points.

Unlike paid nights, if upselling on award , since lounge is then added into room rate which is non-qual rate, no points accrue for upsell $$$s. (Same applies to room cat upsell on award stays)
My experience as well, hence wondering about what can be considered as (significant part - 140 out of 598) Non Revenue in the invoice when only the booked club room charge is present. I have only 2 Debit lines in the folio - Accommodation - Package.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by KathinJax

My renewal date is in February. Because I have already booked my BOGO for June, I wanted to renew and try to get the physical certificate instead. I just renewed and the $150 renewal fee said “until Jan 31,2019”. I also had the option to renew for $200 with the 10% back - which is the one that I always take. So, I was wondering f the price is changing of Feb 1.
We now have an answer to this question. According to a post on Loyalty Lobby the $150 renewal is gone. The only options are $200; which includes 15,000 points and 10% back or renew for 40,000 points.

Last edited by KathinJax; Feb 10, 2019 at 6:09 am
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Enjoying my first IC stay in February with the new rules, at a Euro IC. The guest relations manager had no idea about the changes. She said there was no free breakfast. Then I pointed out on the welcome letter where it says free breakfast. She had to keep going back to the office several times to find out what the RA benefits were. But that's ok. They'll learn.

Then I asked about the $50 minibar credit (mentioned in the welcome letter) and how could I figure out what that meant here in Euro land. Finally a senior person came out and wrote down for me €44.33 which is pretty close to the true bank rate. So that was good news as I expected them to use a terrible exchange rate. But the bad news is that the half-bottle of Champagne in the minibar costs €52 But the good news is that I guess this $50 credit applies to the food items now. And more good news was a nice fruit and flower display in my room with a half-bottle of red and Evian.

Another interesting point is the welcome letter specifies that RA's get 8am check in. And the letter states that as an RA I will have 70,000 points put on my account to use for a free night.

All in all, while I detest the new mini-bar policy, I am still quite happy with the RA treatment.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
At Amstel, I checked-in the 2nd of February
Reception said: no changes for you! (which was nice). My rate was with breakfast included.

At Madrid, at club lounge, the lady recalled me the rules for minibar (but strangely no other rules), and had prepared the conversion in euros of the USD50 Royal Ambassador minibar voucher.

Like in Marseille obviously, training of the reception staff has not been made intensively.

Originally Posted by stimpy
Enjoying my first IC stay in February with the new rules, at a Euro IC. The guest relations manager had no idea about the changes. She said there was no free breakfast. Then I pointed out on the welcome letter where it says free breakfast. She had to keep going back to the office several times to find out what the RA benefits were. But that's ok. They'll learn.

Then I asked about the $50 minibar credit (mentioned in the welcome letter) and how could I figure out what that meant here in Euro land. Finally a senior person came out and wrote down for me €44.33 which is pretty close to the true bank rate. So that was good news as I expected them to use a terrible exchange rate. But the bad news is that the half-bottle of Champagne in the minibar costs €52 But the good news is that I guess this $50 credit applies to the food items now. And more good news was a nice fruit and flower display in my room with a half-bottle of red and Evian.

Another interesting point is the welcome letter specifies that RA's get 8am check in. And the letter states that as an RA I will have 70,000 points put on my account to use for a free night.

All in all, while I detest the new mini-bar policy, I am still quite happy with the RA treatment.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
At IC O2 was told the limit is normally £35 “but not for you” ^
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Free Weekend Night Paper Certificates will be eliminated in March

Received an email today concerning the ‚Upgraded Ambassador Experience‘ from March 1st which also stated that the paper weekend certificates will go away in March...

Quote: ‚Your complimentary weekend night is paper-free. To make your stay even more seamless, paper certificates for your complimentary weekend night will be eliminated in March. To redeem, simply visit intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend to book your night, and you will be credited one night at check in‘

Wonder if this would also work if the paper certificate has already been used or if you already booked a weekend stay for the future?

Last edited by Mr. LAU; Feb 20, 2019 at 11:29 am
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Received an email today concerning the ‚Upgraded Ambassador Experience‘ from March 1st which also stated that the paper weekend certificates will go away in March...

Quote: ‚Your complimentary weekend night is paper-free. To make your stay even more seamless, paper certificates for your complimentary weekend night will be eliminated in March. To redeem, simply visit intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend to book your night, and you will be credited one night at check in‘

Wonder if this would also work if the paper certificate has already been used or if you already booked a weekend stay for the future?

That's the question I had regarding the email. My current paper certificate is valid until the end of October. Will those become invalid on March 1st, and we will be issued an electronic one as its replacement?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU

Originally Posted by Fanjet
That's the question I had regarding the email. My current paper certificate is valid until the end of October. Will those become invalid on March 1st, and we will be issued an electronic one as its replacement?
Asked Ambassador service and they replied that anyone who renews or applies for their status after March 1st will receive the certificate via email.
I asked them since I have a reservation in March, where I want to apply my voucher. Because I enrolled in september and, of course, I haven't used my certificate before I should use my paper certificate they said.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Another question regarding yesterday's e-mail:
Make this your year. We have enhanced our Ambassador programme, so you can expect even more. You have also been upgraded to Platinum Elite status, which means you will now earn 50% bonus earnings on top of each base point. Find the full list of the updates here.
My accounts still shows Gold status today. Did anyones account actually get upgraded?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:35 am

I think I accidentally threw away the paper cert. are they able to issue a new one ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.